Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

19 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@lorri111- If I am getting this correct you are sailing on the Crown Princess in September 2025? Or September 25, 2024?

Perhaps it’s just way too early if you have a September 2025 cruise- to book dinner reservations ? If you were trying to book dinner reservations for September 2025 that is way over a year away and I wouldn’t even expect that would be available at this point. Anyone’s guess how soon you may book dinner reservations.

Did you actually try or succeed to make a reservation or you’re just seeing the one option of traditional dining listed when you’re doing a mock booking?

That’s why I’ve said on other threads perhaps even this one .I’m not getting the whole story from everyone and there’s too many variables.

I am just trying to post what is correct & what passengers have actually booked.

Thank you for your help if you have more information.

Sept 2025. We were able to make a booking for Traditional 5.00 but were looking at options afterwards to see if we could change it to Reservable (without deleting and rebooking from scratch). So at the moment I can't tell if it is not available because dining options are only partially loaded for this sailing or if it just won't let me change (others have said they could change once booked, with a message saying will overwrite original booking - fine by me)

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@lorri111- another passenger was able to book dinner reservation (reservable every 20 minutes) for Crown Princess. Voyage is in January 2025 in Botticelli ,so perhaps it’s a user error on your part?? I would say just keep trying for your first choice which sounds like it is the Botticelli dining room.

Edited by arizonaperson

3 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@lorri111- another passenger was able to book dinner reservation (reservable every 20 minutes) for Crown Princess. Voyage is in January 2025 in Botticelli ,so perhaps it’s a user error on your part?? I would say just keep trying for your first choice which sounds like it is the Botticelli dining room.

Yes, will just check occasionally, no biggie. Thanks again for your compilation!

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@lorri111- If I am getting this correct you are sailing on the Crown Princess in September 2025? Or September 25, 2024?

Perhaps it’s just way too early if you have a September 2025 cruise- to book dinner reservations ? If you were trying to book dinner reservations for September 2025 that is way over a year away and I wouldn’t even expect that would be available at this point. Anyone’s guess how soon you may book dinner reservations.

Did you actually try or succeed to make a reservation or you’re just seeing the one option of traditional dining listed when you’re doing a mock booking?

That’s why I’ve said on other threads perhaps even this one .I’m not getting the whole story from everyone and there’s too many variables.

I am just trying to post what is correct & what passengers have actually booked.

Thank you for your help if you have more information.

We are on Royal Princess sailing this fall after September 14, 2024 so we meet the criteria for the new dining.  We have the new version of the app and have fully paid for our cruise, but we can only access one dining room which is Allegro.  It has time slots in 20-minute intervals so it appears to be Reservable.  It shows the second dining room, Concerto on the app, but states "no available time slots for this date" so we assume it must be Anytime, but the third dining room, Symphony is not showing up on the app and there is no traditional dining offering.  We called Princess and they said they did not know why and that maybe they are still working it out since it is a new app.  We prefer Traditional but see no path forward.  Any insights that you might share would be so greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your willingness to help others.

@mycpu2you

This is what I show.Maybe traditional is full for your fall cruise? What month?

Royal Princess- for 2024 & 2025 .as of 7-6-24 can’t make July 2025 reservations 

Concerto is traditional at 5 PM and 7:20 PM

Allegro is Reservable every 20 minutes( private & shared tables up to & including 6:20 pm) 6:30 pm & after private table only

Symphony is walk in

5 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@mycpu2you

Allegro is Reservable every 20 minutes( private & shared tables up to & including 6:20 pm) 6:30 pm & after private table only

Symphony is walk in

What about the Coral?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@mycpu2you

Symphony is walk in

For April 2025 on Royal was able to reserve Allegro in 20 minute times on 7/1 and could have also reserved Concerto for TD. Checked again today & only Reservable in Allegro was available which means Concerto is either fully booked or it is a system glitch.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

@suzyed Coral Princess? Or Coral DR? Subject to availability 

Heres what I have:

Coral Princess 

Provence-Traditional 5 pm ( private & shared table)& 7:30 pm( only private table)

Bordeaux- reservable 5 pm-8:40 pm every 20 minutes(early dining times you may share a table or have a private table and the later times private table only)  & Walk ins

14 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

@suzyed Coral Princess? Or Coral DR? Subject to availability 

Heres what I have:

Coral Princess 

Provence-Traditional 5 pm ( private & shared table)& 7:30 pm( only private table)

Bordeaux- reservable 5 pm-8:40 pm every 20 minutes(early dining times you may share a table or have a private table and the later times private table only)  & Walk ins

If only it was working that way. 

It's a mess.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, suzyed said:

If only it was working that way. 

It's a mess.

@suzyed well darn , sounds like you are not able to work anything out with the Coral Princess . So are you saying what I have listed for the Coral princess is incorrect or you’re just not able to get your first choice in reservation? Or you’re not able to get any reservation? Sorry I have no idea when your cruise /voyage is? So what month and what year are you trying to book? Perhaps that is the issue?

If and when you’re able to book a dining reservation and you wish to post that information, I will add the correct dining room ,ship by ship for everyone to see and perhaps it will help someone.

I am thinking I remember your cruise is this October 2024 and you’ve been able to make half of the days of your dinner reservations. If that is what happened -in my opinion ,I would just wait till you get on the ship ,since I do believe you are on for a long time ,hopefully the or a dining room will be able to accommodate you.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@suzyed well darn , sounds like you are not able to work anything out with the Coral Princess . So are you saying what I have listed for the Coral princess is incorrect or you’re just not able to get your first choice in reservation? Or you’re not able to get any reservation? Sorry I have no idea when your cruise /voyage is? So what month and what year are you trying to book? Perhaps that is the issue?

If and when you’re able to book a dining reservation and you wish to post that information, I will add the correct dining room ,ship by ship for everyone to see and perhaps it will help someone.

I am thinking I remember your cruise is this October 2024 and you’ve been able to make half of the days of your dinner reservations. If that is what happened -in my opinion ,I would just wait till you get on the ship ,since I do believe you are on for a long time ,hopefully the or a dining room will be able to accommodate you.

That is our hope.  We will attempt to do Anytime once onboard.

As of this afternoon this is the only availability on the Coral  for the departure on Oct. 17 out of Singapore:

Provence:  Shared table only 5:00PM only

Bodeaux: Shared table only 5:00,5:20 and 5:40PM only.

No opportunity for a private table.

1 hour ago, Martin17 said:

As of this afternoon this is the only availability on the Coral  for the departure on Oct. 17 out of Singapore:

Too bad.

14 hours ago, Martin17 said:

I booked what was available in Bordeaux on the Coral for our cruise on a private table.  Then I was able to go in and edit my reservations to get the times I wanted.  Not sure why these choices were not available when I first booked but they opened up on the edit of the reservation system.

Hope you are able to get the times in the dining room of your choice.  Princess IT fails again.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2024 at 5:33 PM, Martin17 said:

Stinks!

12 hours ago, Cruise Starter said:

I booked what was available in Bordeaux on the Coral for our cruise on a private table.  Then I was able to go in and edit my reservations to get the times I wanted.  Not sure why these choices were not available when I first booked but they opened up on the edit of the reservation system.

Hope you are able to get the times in the dining room of your choice.  Princess IT fails again.

🤦‍♀️

Posted (edited)
On 7/10/2024 at 8:17 PM, suzyed said:

🤦‍♀️

Nope, can change it

...it is what it is.  
We'll see what we can do once we are onboard.  
Still not sure why Princess did this...erase all our prior reservations to move to a new system?  Why not just leave the option of switching to the passenger after providing the needed info as far as what dining times are in the various dining rooms.
Just my 2 cents.

Edited by suzyed

3 hours ago, suzyed said:

Still not sure why Princess did this...erase all our prior reservations to move to a new system?

I'd guess it's because the prior reservations were for any of the 3 dining rooms, and now only 1 will be available for reservations.  And then there are those that are choosing Traditional now, so their reservations wouldn't need to carry over to the new system.  It would be pointless to think reservations would just migrate forward.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2024 at 1:43 PM, latebuyer said:

Are the shows usually at 7:30 so dining at 5:30 is best? This is for a canada new england cruise on emerald princess.

Yes, the early show is generally at 7:30. Once in a while there will be a time change for one night but they let folks know. Since the restart we have moved to 5:30 dining and have always made it to the shows. Of course it now looks like they are doing 20 minute blocks so it would have to be either 5:20 or 5:40.

We are traveling on the Crown, leaving on Aug 11, 2024.  This is our first cruise and some of it is very confusing.  I read almost this whole thread and finally went on the app and signed us up for 5:00 dinner in the Michelangelo for every night with a shared table.

I got confirmation on the app that I got my reservations.

I was just confused because all three of the restaurants show time slots starting at 5:00 and every twenty minutes thereafter.  None had just two times, and none had open seating.  

Hoping someone can help with this. My first princess cruise November 30th on Sun, so I’m sure I’m missing something. I am able to book dining reservations for my husband and myself but not the other 3 cabins. When I try to link them (put in booking number, press search) nothing happens it just goes back to blank boxes. 

I called princess, they linked them all. I went back in to book, still just my husband and myself listed and still can’t link anyone. 

help!!!! 

7 hours ago, dlmb622 said:

We are traveling on the Crown, leaving on Aug 11, 2024.  This is our first cruise and some of it is very confusing.  I read almost this whole thread and finally went on the app and signed us up for 5:00 dinner in the Michelangelo for every night with a shared table.

I got confirmation on the app that I got my reservations.

I was just confused because all three of the restaurants show time slots starting at 5:00 and every twenty minutes thereafter.  None had just two times, and none had open seating.  

The new dining does not start until September 14.  You will have all three restaurants available with 20 minute time slots for an August cruise.  If you like your table the first night, ask to have it reserved for you for the rest of the cruise.  If you do not like it, pick a different one and they will reserve it for you for the rest of the cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Yes, the cruise I just booked showed no two time slot traditional dining offerings, just the time slots as you describe.

You are not alone in being confused. The app is still glitchy these many years later and the rollout of the new dining system has not gone smoothly. 

Princess doesn't help by sending near daily e-mails telling everyone to choose their dining preferences using their flashy new app. But here's the important part: It's really not all that important to arrange this all ahead of time. You'll be able to eat each day, largely when and where you want. Certainly it's not worth getting aggravated or frustrated over.

Sorry you read this whole thread. 🙂

edit - this is in response to dlmb622

Edited by walkingsoon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cbfb said:

Hoping someone can help with this. My first princess cruise November 30th on Sun, so I’m sure I’m missing something. I am able to book dining reservations for my husband and myself but not the other 3 cabins. When I try to link them (put in booking number, press search) nothing happens it just goes back to blank boxes. 

I called princess, they linked them all. I went back in to book, still just my husband and myself listed and still can’t link anyone. 

help!!!! 

@cbfb  You don’t say what steps you are taking to add (link) them so I’m not sure what the issue is.  Here are the steps you take to add guests just in case you were trying something different. 

Once you’ve selected a dining room scroll down until you see guests.  You and your husband should be listed with your profile pics.  Next to that is a pencil 🖊️ icon.  Select the pencil and on the next screen you will see a little man icon with a + sign next to it in the upper right corner.  Select that and there you should be able to add the booking number for your other guests