Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

8 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Yes, except none of the "Private" tables are available only "shared".  We don't want shared.

That might change in the future,  This whole reservations thing sounds like such a mess, I won't be surprised if things get moved around.  Another option is to select "shared" if that's all you can get and then try for a private table when you actually get on board.

Just now, Kay S said:

That might change in the future,  This whole reservations thing sounds like such a mess, I won't be surprised if things get moved around.  Another option is to select "shared" if that's all you can get and then try for a private table when you actually get on board.

We are on a 30 day sailing in October...that would be a nightmare to change 30 days of dining!

6 hours ago, SuziCruises said:

Can you direct me to where on that link it answers whether you have to be paid in full or have your guest registration completed?  

It probably doesn't matter where it's listed....I am paid in full,  I'm about 100 days out, my guest registration is complete and I HAD reservations until Princess removed them.  The only ones remaining are my Specialty reservations.

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

We are on a 30 day sailing in October...that would be a nightmare to change 30 days of dining!

I guess I'm confused.  I thought you were talking about fixed seating.  You want reservation dining, right?  So you are one of those people who already had the reservations you wanted and Princess cancelled them?  What a nightmare.  I still think waiting a few days (or weeks) and trying again might get you a better result.  Everything is all jammed up today.  Good luck.

I have just booked dining reservations for every night of my cruise on Sky this November.

This is my first ever cruise with Princess

I therefore have no loyalty tier

I am not paid in full.

However....

2 of Skys 3 MDRs are currently open for anytime reservations with lots of availability, the third MDR has no availability. None of the MDRs seem to be offering traditional dining slots (not that I wanted TD mind you).

45 minutes ago, adamtoonarmy said:

I have just booked dining reservations for every night of my cruise on Sky this November.

This is my first ever cruise with Princess

I therefore have no loyalty tier

I am not paid in full.

However....

2 of Skys 3 MDRs are currently open for anytime reservations with lots of availability, the third MDR has no availability. None of the MDRs seem to be offering traditional dining slots (not that I wanted TD mind you).

Where did you go to make these reservations? The app is not letting me access any dining reservations while not paid in the full and I can't find where to make them on the website. 

I am disappointed with the new MDR options on Sky princess. For our next sailing in May 2025 looks like our favourite location, Estrella, is walk ins only with Soleil fixed at 17:30 or 19:50 (neither time suitable for us) and our preferred dining, reservations, is in Cielo which we don’t like due to its location. ☹️

Edited by Boku

25 minutes ago, MyriamS said:

Where did you go to make these reservations? The app is not letting me access any dining reservations while not paid in the full and I can't find where to make them on the website. 

The app is letting me make reservations for a cruise in May 2025 and I’m not yet paid in full.

9 minutes ago, Boku said:

I am disappointed with the new MDR options on Sky princess. It looks like our favourite location, Estrella, is for walk ins with Soleil fixed at 17:30 or 19:50 (neither time suitable for us) and our preferred dining, reservations, is in Cielo which we don’t like due to its location. ☹️

Ive been able to make non TD reservations on Sky in Soleil - there were 20 minute slots available every night of the cruise. It does look like Estrella is for walk ins though ☹️

We are unfortunately the first cruise on Coral (cruise starts the 15th September) with this dining mess. On the app it doesn’t tell me what dining room is doing what as there is only a selection of two. However the Provence is not available for the entire 11 days to book at all! 

I guess having a suite means I don’t really need to bother with trying to book as we will go to the Reserve section  - but I don’t even know which one has that as it is not listed!

I still can’t book our embarkation dinner in a speciality restaurant without paying - don’t want OBC thanks.

I booked last night for a table for 2 every night on Sky for November . It seemed to have 2 restaurants with times from 5.30 so I booked the one nearer the middle of the ship as the back can make me feel dodgy if the ship is rocking. Let's hope they don't now swap the  restaurants around. 

34 minutes ago, Boku said:

I am disappointed with the new MDR options on Sky princess. For our next sailing in May 2025 looks like our favourite location, Estrella, is walk ins only with Soleil fixed at 17:30 or 19:50 (neither time suitable for us) and our preferred dining, reservations, is in Cielo which we don’t like due to its location. ☹️

Soleil has times every 20 minutes on my app 

1 minute ago, amajaa said:

I booked last night for a table for 2 every night on Sky for November . It seemed to have 2 restaurants with times from 5.30 so I booked the one nearer the middle of the ship as the back can make me feel dodgy if the ship is rocking. Let's hope they don't now swap the  restaurants around. 

Was the same for me.  None of the MDRs seemed to be offering TD so I booked half of my nights in each of the 2 that were accepting reservations. Suspect they will get around to allocating one of them to TD at some point though in which case you have a 50/50 chance

1 hour ago, Boku said:

I didn’t use Estrella last cruise - I thought it was very similar to Soleil ?
Interested to know why you prefer Estrella ?

1 minute ago, paulatsea said:

I didn’t use Estrella last cruise - I thought it was very similar to Soleil ?
Interested to know why you prefer Estrella ?

Soleil is ok but Cielo location is not great being at the extreme back of the ship.

1 hour ago, adamtoonarmy said:

Just on the app under ‘reserve dining’

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, logging out and back in. It still says "not paid in full/not elite" when I click on "Reserve dining". Maybe you were lucky and benefited from a bug in the app?

13 minutes ago, MyriamS said:

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, logging out and back in. It still says "not paid in full/not elite" when I click on "Reserve dining". Maybe you were lucky and benefited from a bug in the app?

I swipped away all the pages when it did that for me and then when I went back in it was okay. Bizarre 

17 hours ago, distinction said:

F.Y.I. I was able to do 3  dining reservations on my desk top computer, I called Princess to do a call back. Just got done with the call back and all my my time dining reservations are done and you do not need to be paid in full to make your dining reservations as is my case. Hope this helps.

Are you platinum, elite, or in a mini-suite or suite?  

Does anyone know how to change bookings in the web version of the app.  Even when I am looking at the booking I want to try and do reservations for, it takes me to my later cruise, but the one that was booked first.

Also, does anyone have a good support number to call for help booking dining?  I can't seem to get our other family members linked for dining on the web site, even though our TA linked the bookings and I have the booking number.  When I enter it, nothing happens.

In the app on my phone, I continually get the message saying it needs to be paid in full.

Thanks.