Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

4 minutes ago, jvaka said:

My reservations are gone and when try to add it says error

Thanks for indicating not just me.  I do not get an error, however.  I would say that last evening I was getting nothing available for our B2B2B, but the single voyage was NP.  The B2B2B as been problematic since "Day 1".

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Does anyone using DMW this evening (Sunday) notice your daily reservations are not showing?  Ours are not showing on either Regal or Island in October.  I believe/think they still exist as I can look at options and make a res - and the availability looks as it did yesterday.  If I go through the steps to make a res, it appears to take, but when the screen returns to show you the daily booking, nothing shows up. 

I checked ours for

• the Enchanted 3/10/22 - disappeared for our group of 6.  When re-establishing the reservations, the original MDR we selected (Capri) no longer had private tables for 6 and the only choice is Amalfi which is deck 6 aft and was, IIRC being used for crew.  I've confirmed it twice and nothing was updated.
  • the Caribbean 7/2/22 - disappeared for a group of 8.  We had a private table in the Coral MDR and now the only selection is the Palm Dining room which I know has been being used for crew. I confirmed it but it didn't update.
  • the Coral 4/2/23 - disappeared for a group of 8 and lost all the other members of my party.  I've got a year to get that straightened out.  I did notice that early times for a party 2 only offered shared tables.  Later times (after 7 pm) offered the option of private or shared tables for 2.

All I can conclude is that trying to make updates (adding available MDRs) has screwed up existing reservations.  I shouldn't be surprised but I am especially annoyed about the cruise leaving in 10 days.

Thank you for the heads up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still do not have access to medallion wearables part of the app. I spent an hour with them on the phone on Friday trying to get it fixed with no luck. I thought maybe they reset my account and I lost all my reservations. Good luck Steelers36, we may need it.

1 minute ago, capriccio said:

I checked ours for

• the Enchanted 3/10/22 - disappeared for our group of 6.  When re-establishing the reservations, the original MDR we selected (Capri) no longer had private tables for 6 and the only choice is Amalfi which is deck 6 aft and was, IIRC being used for crew.  I've confirmed it twice and nothing was updated.
  • the Caribbean 7/2/22 - disappeared for a group of 8.  We had a private table in the Coral MDR and now the only selection is the Palm Dining room which I know has been being used for crew. I confirmed it but it didn't update.
  • the Coral 4/2/23 - disappeared for a group of 8 and lost all the other members of my party.  I've got a year to get that straightened out.  I did notice that early times for a party 2 only offered shared tables.  Later times (after 7 pm) offered the option of private or shared tables for 2.

All I can conclude is that trying to make updates (adding available MDRs) has screwed up existing reservations.  I shouldn't be surprised but I am especially annoyed about the cruise leaving in 10 days.

Thank you for the heads up!

You have more serious issues than I do considering the time frame and number of people involved.  Let's just hope it's still all in the System and something is keeping the data from displaying.

I do not see any new DR being offered.  We have only had one listed to-date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jvaka said:

My reservations are gone and when try to add it says error

You're not alone.  I spent sooooo much time over several days getting my 15 nights of reservations set, and now, nothing.  Ugh! 

If the IT department is only making minimum wage, they are being grossly over paid!

9 hours ago, capriccio said:

I checked ours for

Hoping against hope that Princess had done an update last night and corrected their latest debacle, I just logged in.  Nope (I really wasn't surprised).  It was exactly the same experience as last night.  For the first time in 29 cruises it looks like I may have to stand in line to discuss this with the Maitre'd after boarding.  That's definitely not the way I planned to start our cruise.

• Like 1

No change from last evening for me this morning.  Any reservations (if they still exist) are invisible.

ETA - I'd say something still exists since I am seeing only Split tables offered in several time slots for a party of 4 on the one voyage.

Edited by Steelers36

Just checked mine also for Enchanted 3/30 cruise. Dining all gone and I set it up quite a while ago. Plus only show me and not my DW. Can't they just stop this madness and go back to what they had! My app was working fine until this AM. Hoping they are making a change and all my info (and my DW) will show back up today!

• Like 1

Well, NOW my DW is back when I check the app but dining still not there. And I was so glad how well mine has been working...until now. Guess I'll just look later and see if things are back. Had Private Table for 2, 7PM in Amalfi all cruise...now gone. Princess is not making friends with this it would appear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turk1 said:

Capriccio,

Did you say the Amalfi on the Enchanted was being used for the Crew?

Given the relatively small numbers of cruisers sailing pre-Covid, it has been noted on a number of 'live from' threads on various ships that the deck 6 aft MDRs have been closed to passengers and are being used as a crew mess so they can socially distance much better than is possible in the crew mess.  I was on the CB in early January and I know that was the case and believe (hence the If I Remember Correctly comment) I have read the same for the Enchanted since she began sailing. 

20 hours ago, capriccio said:

If the pre-Covid past is indicative of the post-Covid future, on a fully booked cruise you may have to wait if you are choosing to eat between 6:30 and 7:30 when the early bird diners are eating. 

We were in Club Class in early January on the Caribbean Princess and liked to eat around 7 pm at a table for 2 not in extremely close proximity to another table for 2.  They have that set up with a number of 2 tops so they can easily convert them to a 4 top but we were uncomfortable not being further distanced during the height of the Omicron wave.  A couple of evenings those tables were the only ones available around 7 - 7:15.  We told the greeter - who was very apologetic - that it wasn't a problem and we would return in half an hour.  We then proceeded to Vines - which was empty - and had a lovely pre-dinner glass of wine.

Just an aside.

We were the table of 5 in the corner on your cruise (we brought our daughter and granddaughters) so always had that "space" around us.

And we preceded dinner with a glass of wine from an empty Vines so we must have passed you going to and from.

1 minute ago, chamima said:

And we preceded dinner with a glass of wine from an empty Vines so we must have passed you going to and from.

I'm sure we did!  That was our first CC experience and we enjoyed it and the staff very much.

Just now, capriccio said:

I'm sure we did!  That was our first CC experience and we enjoyed it and the staff very much.

Ours also but it definitely won't be our last.

I don't love the location of the mini suites on many of ships (we like a covered balcony) but we are now definitely Club Class converts!

• Like 1

Just now, chamima said:

Ours also but it definitely won't be our last.

I don't love the location of the mini suites on many of ships (we like a covered balcony) but we are now definitely Club Class converts!

Those are our favorites whether traveling with immediate or extended family.  This was a last minute cruise for just DH and me and I decided it was worth trying it out.  We would definitely consider it again when it is just the 2 or us but I did miss the covered balcony.

• Like 1

Just finished with Chat on Princess.com about the reservations not showing on the app. After going back and forth for a bit this was the last few replies. 

Harl with Princess 8:50:52 AM
Thank you so much for waiting. According to our technical team, this is a known issue and they're still working on it. You can check DineMyWay at a later time.

Jeff me
Are my reservations still in the system and not showing or do I need to redo them again

Harl 8:52:41 AM
For now, you can just check if your reservation will re-appear since you already created it.

Jeff  8:53:39 AM
Do not understand your last message, how do I check

Harl 8:55:51 AM
Sorry. You can visit DineMyWay regularly to check if your dining reservation will re-appear.

So I guess I may or may not have reservations and need to wait to find out. Also no ETA on it being fixed
Edited by jvaka
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jvaka said:

Just finished with Chat on Princess.com about the reservations not showing on the app. After going back and forth for a bit this was the last few replies. 

Harl with Princess 8:50:52 AM
Thank you so much for waiting. According to our technical team, this is a known issue and they're still working on it. You can check DineMyWay at a later time.

Jeff me
Are my reservations still in the system and not showing or do I need to redo them again

Harl 8:52:41 AM
For now, you can just check if your reservation will re-appear since you already created it.

Jeff  8:53:39 AM
Do not understand your last message, how do I check

Harl 8:55:51 AM
Sorry. You can visit DineMyWay regularly to check if your dining reservation will re-appear.

So I guess I may or may not have reservations and need to wait to find out. Also no ETA on it being fixed

So, sounds like no answer would have been better than this double-speak.  How can you check if it "will" appear?  Seems like more appropriate wording would be to check "when" it appears, or not, as the case may be.  Ugh...I sail in 10 days and I'm not holding my breath this gets fixed by then.

Good luck to everybody!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, capriccio said:

Given the relatively small numbers of cruisers sailing pre-Covid, it has been noted on a number of 'live from' threads on various ships that the deck 6 aft MDRs have been closed to passengers and are being used as a crew mess so they can socially distance much better than is possible in the crew mess.  I was on the CB in early January and I know that was the case and believe (hence the If I Remember Correctly comment) I have read the same for the Enchanted since she began sailing. 

Have read that as well, but also that two DR's have been open recently - the two on Deck 6, with Deck 5 being closed.  Seems like in at least some cases, crew is back to their usual dining area?

1 hour ago, jvaka said:

My dinner reservations have now reappeared on the app.  😀

Mine are back for the Enchanted March 10th cruise in the original MDR and time!  No reappearances yet of the Caribbean Princess July 2nd and Coral Princess April 2, 2023 reservations. 

Thanks to everyone who provided their own updates and especially to Steelers36 for calling attention to the latest issue!

• Like 2