Sailing out of NY

That is a tricky answer to give, on a fairly simple question to ask in normal times - odds are changing all the time, all hands on the Delta and Lambda. 

Having the NY Excelsior Pass / Pass Plus (with additional vax details/info) with matching photo ID's should help / be a bonus to be shown upon request (as we do) ... the requirements are in line with NCL's commitment.  For those eager, can't wait to sail and wanted to use be pioneers in the early stages of pandemic recovery toward normality - different sectors in NY are working cooperatively together on best efforts to make it happen.  

Allow extra time for air, ground travel and transportation as taxis, car services and other forms of for hire vehicles include Uber & Lyft are hard to find during periods of peak demands.  BTW, it is still a requirement to wear a mask while riding the buses, subways, ferries, shuttles & other means of transportation here in NY, and you will likely be denied services if you choose otherwise.  Good luck and happy cruising to those already booked, passed final payment and bidding for the Upgrade Advantage. 

I started this topic , so now My opinion, I don't think so, I think the Mayor of NYC Will want anyone coming to the city to stay in the city and go out to dinner and go to Broadway shows , not coming to the city and getting on a cruise ship, yes most people do stay a day or two before and after, also with the limited  countries allowed here now (who knows what Will happen Down the road with COVID-19 and variants) I'm really leaning to no cruising out of NYC In 2021, I hope I'm wrong, I live  ny and usually do 3  or 4 cruises out of ny And nj each summer, like most of you I do have a bunch coming up, If they sail.🛳️🛳️🛳️ 

Well if it doesn't happen I guess I take what they offer and see if the cheap ticket lotto is running for the shows that have reopened.  It's likely more risky to go to NYCC which is the same week my cruise is and that's still moving forward.  

42 minutes ago, yamiangie said:

Well if it doesn't happen I guess I take what they offer and see if the cheap ticket lotto is running for the shows that have reopened.  It's likely more risky to go to NYCC which is the same week my cruise is and that's still moving forward.  

Good for you.go for it, but I hope All of us are onboard cruising..🤞🤞🛳️🛳️🍀🍀

I’ve been to NYC several times, so if it wasn’t for my upcoming cruise in the Gem I wouldn’t be staying over a holiday when hotels are at their highest price or going to three shows before our cruise. Thus, if they don’t have the Gem sailing from the city, then I won’t be spending my money there and I think they’ll miss out on a lot of hotel tax revenue and support of businesses and theaters from other cruisers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

I think a bigger question is will they have enough workers manning the pier 

I think those workers manning the pier are paid well...they'll be there.

The (soon to be ex) mayor and the (even sooner to to ex) governor are trying to get the city back to normal...they won't block the sailings unless something really unexpected happens.  Keep in mind, NCL requires 100% vaccinations...so no fear of "the unvaccinated" coming here.

The earliest sailings are to Bermuda....and it's Bermuda that has strict requirements.  As long as people are willing to comply, those ships will sail.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

The earliest sailings are to Bermuda....and it's Bermuda that has strict requirements.  As long as people are willing to comply, those ships will sail.

if they can not sail to Bermuda and they can still sail out of NY, i would not mind an itinerary change to the Bahamas or somewhere. i just wanna go on a cruise this year

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

The (soon to be ex) mayor and the (even sooner to to ex) governor are trying to get the city back to normal...they won't block the sailings unless something really unexpected happens.  Keep in mind, NCL requires 100% vaccinations...so no fear of "the unvaccinated" coming here.

Bermuda posted its Cruise Passenger Travel Authorization requirements today and they are strict! I think the mayor or governor would have a hard time making a case as to why cruising wouldn't be allowed out of NYC. Bermuda is requiring a negative PCR test 4 days prior to embarkation, full vaccination for anyone over 12,  both NCL and Crystal (the two lines sailing out of NYC soon-ish) require antigen testing at the pier, and Bermuda requires another negative PCR test upon arrival in Bermuda before getting off the ship. All that testing, vaccination requirements, and the fact that Bermuda itself is ahead of the US on vaccination really make it clear that cruise passengers would be some of the safest travelers to have in the city!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, luvsboozecruises said:

I started this topic , so now My opinion, I don't think so, I think the Mayor of NYC Will want anyone coming to the city to stay in the city and go out to dinner and go to Broadway shows , not coming to the city and getting on a cruise ship, yes most people do stay a day or two before and after, also with the limited  countries allowed here now (who knows what Will happen Down the road with COVID-19 and variants) I'm really leaning to no cruising out of NYC In 2021, I hope I'm wrong, I live  ny and usually do 3  or 4 cruises out of ny And nj each summer, like most of you I do have a bunch coming up, If they sail.🛳️🛳️🛳️ 

I don't believe the NYC mayor has any say in the matter.  The Port of New York is administered by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, a bi-state public commission.  Essentially, the PANYNJ is governed by the Governors of New York and New Jersey.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Hope your right, we cancelled our January Oceania cruise and will be booking the Gem for January or February

14 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Hope your right, we cancelled our January Oceania cruise and will be booking the Gem for January or February

I hope I'm right too....booked, canceled, booked, canceled, booked, canceled....booked for end of March right now!

As far as I'm concerned....if all I need is the antigen test at the pier....and no masks on the ship....I'll be happy if it's a "cruise to nowhere"!

• Like 3