FDR

Jancruz

Frank was just on Mad Money with Jim Cramer and he was amazing. of course the he said the Governer of New York went to a higher court but Frank is not going to give in..its 100% .vaccinated on his ships..ornosail..no children under 12 until they can be vaccinated ..it was a great and informative interview if you can get it on demand..

Jancruz1

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I am glad to see this from FDR - but it looks like it’s not actually going to be true if they allow unvaccinated for health and religious reasons. It would be useful to have a really definitive answer on this. 

I do applaud FDR for standing up and pushing, I just want to be sure,

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Frank was just on Mad Money with Jim Cramer and he was amazing. of course the he said the Governer of New York went to a higher court but Frank is not going to give in..its 100% .vaccinated on his ships..ornosail..no children under 12 until they can be vaccinated ..it was a great and informative interview if you can get it on demand..

Jancruz1

Thank you for sharing!  Good interview

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/11/norwegian-cruise-line-ceo-says-hes-disappointed-by-lack-of-government-covid-vaccine-mandates.html

• Like 2

Interesting to note that Oceania's SailSafe site of Aug 9 2021 stated that those with valid medical or religious reasons could avoid the required Covid vaccination requirements but the current ("updated"?)

SailSafe site has removed that statement (though the original asterisk is still there).  Hopefully this means that 100% vaccination will be a real requirement.

Now if the mixed vaccination (eg. Pfizer/Moderna as in our case) issue could be resolved we may be able to cruise again.  Florida rejoining the real world would certainly help.

One step at a time.....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Brentwood Bay said:

Interesting to note that Oceania's SailSafe site of Aug 9 2021 stated that those with valid medical or religious reasons could avoid the required Covid vaccination requirements but the current ("updated"?)

SailSafe site has removed that statement (though the original asterisk is still there).  Hopefully this means that 100% vaccination will be a real requirement.

Now if the mixed vaccination (eg. Pfizer/Moderna as in our case) issue could be resolved we may be able to cruise again.  Florida rejoining the real world would certainly help.

One step at a time.....

I agree that it is good news that the medical and religious exemptions appear to have been removed. 

Whilst it is unfortunate that there are those who will not be able to resume cruising due to these exemptions, I cannot go on a holiday mountain climbing due to a medical condition and I choose not to travel to places where my beliefs would not meld with the accepted and legal culture. This is a new set of rules for cruises and if you are now not eligible or cannot due to a belief system then - sad as it may be - that is how it is. Apart from anything else the loss of revenue from those who would insist on fully vaccinated trips far outweighs the loss of revenue from the people who are unvaccinated for whatever reason. It’s not discriminatory, it is a new reality. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Queen of DaNile said:

"The Supreme Court allowed Indiana University on Thursday to require students to be vaccinated against the coronavirus."- NY Times. 

Good news for FDR. Bad news for DeSantis.

I saw that and I am so please!

I agree with you!

Denise😊

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I saw that and I am so please!

I agree with you!

Denise😊

Even better: 

(CNN)Justice Amy Coney Barrett declined a request to block Indiana University's vaccine mandate, signaling that similar policies going into effect amid a Covid-19 surge could pass legal muster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Queen of DaNile said:

Even better: 

(CNN)Justice Amy Coney Barrett declined a request to block Indiana University's vaccine mandate, signaling that similar policies going into effect amid a Covid-19 surge could pass legal muster.

🌺I saw that on my CNN APP!! Was very surprised and so happy👍

Have a great evening!

Denise😊

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 12:35 PM, Brentwood Bay said:

One step at a time.....

I spoke to the cruiseline a few weeks ago and they said if we are sailing from European ports mixed vaccines but not accepted from US ports.