Anyone getting denied exemptions for cruises?

heath1414

I've seen several come on in various groups saying they've gotten approvals, seemingly all for children. But haven't seen anyone say they were denied an exemption. Anyone gotten denied? And if so, was it for children or adult? 

• Like 1

Since DeSantis won the injunction against the cdc conditional sail order, they no longer are actually requiring 95/5. They are denying exemptions for adults and approving all exemptions for children even if it pushes them above 5% unvaccinated. 

overall I’m very happy with that. It keeps the cruise safe, making sure everyone who can vax is vaxxed, but without imposing ridiculous requirements on those that can’t even have a vax if they wanted one. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, croix153 said:

Since DeSantis won the injunction against the cdc conditional sail order, they no longer are actually requiring 95/5. They are denying exemptions for adults and approving all exemptions for children even if it pushes them above 5% unvaccinated. 

overall I’m very happy with that. It keeps the cruise safe, making sure everyone who can vax is vaxxed, but without imposing ridiculous requirements on those that can’t even have a vax if they wanted one. 

We are in the Horizon at the end of the month and just today a family was denied an exemption for their grandchild (under 12).  Several others are still waiting to hear.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, imluvncruzn said:

We are in the Horizon at the end of the month and just today a family was denied an exemption for their grandchild (under 12).  Several others are still waiting to hear.  

Oh no, then maybe my info is not correct. So sad 😞

• Like 1

So one of the groups I'm in; last week a women was concerned that should would not get an exemption for her family of 7; neither her, her husband or her 5 kids are vaccinated (or will be) and 3 members of her family currently have covid......and this person thinks her entire family should be allowed on a cruise. Pretty sure she was denied lol

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, matymil said:

So one of the groups I'm in; last week a women was concerned that should would not get an exemption for her family of 7; neither her, her husband or her 5 kids are vaccinated (or will be) and 3 members of her family currently have covid......and this person thinks her entire family should be allowed on a cruise. Pretty sure she was denied lol

🤨😲😣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, croix153 said:

I'm wondering where this information came from, since we've seen several cruisers here on the boards report adult exemptions.

4 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:

I'm wondering where this information came from, since we've seen several cruisers here on the boards report adult exemptions.

Ive seen multiple places that the kids will be approved first. Then they move onto adults if its under 5%. Maybe some of the adult exemptions you're seeing are on cruises with not alot of kids. I know alot of families have cancelled because of restrictions. I'm sure after school starts, more adults will get exemptions.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, matymil said:

Let’s hope they were all denied ! 

• Like 10

Yes there are denials. They are far more denials than approvals. The cruises are going out with less than 3,000 passengers. That is less than 150 children under 12. You can quickly see how many are being rejected. Once school starts across the nation this month, more exemptions for adults may happen leading up to Thanksgiving and then again until Christmas. 

4 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

At this point, there should be zero exemptions for adults even after kids go back to school. Grow a pair and get the vaccine …..

You do realize, don't you, that there is a small percentage of adults who are medically unable to partake in the vaccine? I don't know, but that could legally fall under discrimination.

And whether it's adults or children, you're still on a ship where 95% of the people are vaccinated - and I'm thinking that would not be true in a crowd of 2000 people anywhere else.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

You do realize, don't you, that there is a small percentage of adults who are medically unable to partake in the vaccine? I don't know, but that could legally fall under discrimination.

Maybe but I doubt that would be grounds for discrimination  ….. and I nor most everyone else’s health should not be compromised on the ship or in port because of another adult individual who supposedly can’t be vaccinated. They should vacation somewhere else where vaccines aren’t required. Their problem should not be the problem of everyone else. 

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 13

14 hours ago, croix153 said:

I hadn't heard this anywhere! That's awesome news if it's true. Can I ask where you saw this? 

13 hours ago, matymil said:

That's kind of crazy. There are 5 of us, 4 vaccinated and then my 5 year old. No way I would try if I had to get that many exemptions. Waiting to hear on my October 2nd cruise

7 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Yes there are denials. They are far more denials than approvals. The cruises are going out with less than 3,000 passengers. That is less than 150 children under 12. You can quickly see how many are being rejected. Once school starts across the nation this month, more exemptions for adults may happen leading up to Thanksgiving and then again until Christmas. 

I'm taking my cruise with my 3 kids (2 vaxed teens and one unvaxed 5yo) in October. I'm hoping since there will be less kids I'm more likely to get an exemption for my little one

6 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Maybe but I doubt that would be grounds for discrimination  ….. and I nor most everyone else’s health should not be compromised on the ship or in port because of another individual who supposedly can’t be vaccinated. They should vacation somewhere else where vaccines aren’t required. Their problem should not be the problem of everyone else. 

I fail to see, if one is on a 95% vaccinated cruise, why it matters how old the 5% are. We shall agree to disagree on this one.

1 hour ago, heath1414 said:

I hadn't heard this anywhere! That's awesome news if it's true. Can I ask where you saw this? 

I'm doubting the legitimacy of this claim.  The CDC has already said if the lines aren't voluntarily following the CSO in Florida (and Carnival chose the 95/5 route), then there are other restrictions the ships will be subjected to.  I'm thinking Carnival isn't pushing the 95/5.   I've seen one post in my cruise group regarding applying for adult exemptions.  Interested in seeing them report, but they have already been told it could be a really close to sailing decision as in days

by their TA. 

1 hour ago, ScottsSweetie said:

I fail to see, if one is on a 95% vaccinated cruise, why it matters how old the 5% are. We shall agree to disagree on this one.

It matters because those under 12 did not choose not to get vaccinated. Adults made their decision and should be prepared to live with the consequences of their decision making. JMHO

• Like 7

16 hours ago, croix153 said:

August 9th a judge just overturned it again.  Cruiselines can require guests to show proof of vaccination.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

It matters because those under 12 did not choose not to get vaccinated. Adults made their decision and should be prepared to live with the consequences of their decision making. JMHO

Totally agree. The unvaccinated are the 97% that are getting the virus now. Should have no effect at all on the cruise industry. I personally would be very happy if only the vaccinated can book a cruise. 12 and under exempt.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Totally agree. The unvaccinated are the 97% that are getting the virus now. Should have no effect at all on the cruise industry. I personally would be very happy if only the vaccinated can book a cruise. 12 and under exempt.

Slight correction. They are the 97% who are getting it bad enough to need to be hospitalized. I heard a doctor, I believe she was a medical director in Arkansas, say today while interviewed on the news that the unvaccinated are overwhelming the hospitals in her state while the vaccinated who catch Covid could just go home and recover.

• Like 2

Another thing about requiring all passengers to be tested before boarding I think is totally unnecessary. If a vaccinated tests positive you say they cannot take the cruise. WHY?. So what. It does not indicate that that person would pass it on to anyone. Especially if there are no symptoms. No coughing, no sneezing etc. The only ones that might get effected by it are the unvaccinated. So I say it again. Only allow 100% vaccinated on the ship. Those under 12 are at a super low risk of getting covid19.

16 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Yes, I get that you and some others are morally opposed to allowing unvaccinated people to cruise. Carnival (along with the other cruise lines) has made their stance clear so you'll either have to come to terms with that or not. And I again point out that, from a safety standpoint, you cannot be in a crowd of 2000 people anywhere else and be assured that 95% of that population is vaccinated.