Medallion Booked Arrival Times

gmcwalker

1 hour ago, gmcwalker said:

Eureka, Success!! The Arrival times just became available an hour ago! I was able to pick the first Group A embarking at noon! 10 Days out! 

Thank you so very much!  I find it humorous to discover that you can pick your boarding time through Cruise Critic.  I tried earlier today and got the sorry message.  Read your post.  Immediately tried and got Group A.  Cheers...and gratitude.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I see that this is an old thread, but I am 18 days from embarkation and still do not have an arrival time.  We are on a princess land tour prior to the cruise. Would this be the reason I can’t get an arrival time?

26 minutes ago, KYwoman1962 said:

I see that this is an old thread, but I am 18 days from embarkation and still do not have an arrival time.  We are on a princess land tour prior to the cruise. Would this be the reason I can’t get an arrival time?

Possibly, but just show up for check-in when you usually do or when convenient for you.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KYwoman1962 said:

We have also done a land tour and we just boarded when Princess dropped us at the pier. I think in those days boarding was by deck however even with the newer Medallion times,  it wouldn't matter if you are on a land tour.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KYwoman1962 said:

Tried to book an arrival time on my iPhone but couldn’t get it to confirm, after mentioning it on our Roll Call someone advised to try it on a different phone, which I did on Mrs Chippy’s Android, and it worked. Maybe give that a go?

On 5/1/2022 at 3:34 AM, Jimmys Chippy said:

Tried to book an arrival time on my iPhone but couldn’t get it to confirm, after mentioning it on our Roll Call someone advised to try it on a different phone, which I did on Mrs Chippy’s Android, and it worked. Maybe give that a go?

May I ask how many days out from sailing you were?

12 hours ago, cruisecouple7 said:

May I ask how many days out from sailing you were?

This was with under a couple of weeks to boarding, we had noticed though that others on the Roll Call for our cruise had already selected their embarkation time. Currently on our second “Medallion” cruise, it is working better than the first, but there’s still always inconsistencies between my phone and my partners.

On 5/1/2022 at 3:34 AM, Jimmys Chippy said:

Thanks.  Our traveling partners have a different type of phone and they are also unable to choose an arrival time.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Question....I have an upcoming cruise on the Grand Princess leaving Vancouver and was able to book my Arrival time for Group A (10:30-11:00am) approx 60 days prior.

But I just received an email from Princess, which showed an itinerary that included 'boarding begins at 12:30pm' as part of the schedule.  I'm not in a super rush, but I would like to start my vacation as soon as possible 😉 The port is about 25 min drive from home so was wondering which is 'more likely' to be accurate so I can better time when to leave.

Thanks 🙂 

39 minutes ago, taylor_99b said:

Question....I have an upcoming cruise on the Grand Princess leaving Vancouver and was able to book my Arrival time for Group A (10:30-11:00am) approx 60 days prior.

But I just received an email from Princess, which showed an itinerary that included 'boarding begins at 12:30pm' as part of the schedule.  I'm not in a super rush, but I would like to start my vacation as soon as possible 😉 The port is about 25 min drive from home so was wondering which is 'more likely' to be accurate so I can better time when to leave.

Thanks 🙂 

The email is boilerplate like info and also on the conservative side.  I suppose it can avoid a lot of complaints if they under-promise and over-deliver.  Also, unpredicted things can happen.

Go by the published Arrival Group times.  Just because you may be checking in at 10:30am, doesn't mean you are walking right onto the ship.  You will be in a waiting area until general boarding is opened, but you will be ahead of others who check-in after you.  Boarding begins when the ship is ready to take on new guests and is not set in stone and can be quite variable.  That said, the early arrivals for check-in can generally expect to be on board before noon.

16 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The email is boilerplate like info and also on the conservative side.  I suppose it can avoid a lot of complaints if they under-promise and over-deliver.  Also, unpredicted things can happen.

Go by the published Arrival Group times.  Just because you may be checking in at 10:30am, doesn't mean you are walking right onto the ship.  You will be in a waiting area until general boarding is opened, but you will be ahead of others who check-in after you.  Boarding begins when the ship is ready to take on new guests and is not set in stone and can be quite variable.  That said, the early arrivals for check-in can generally expect to be on board before noon.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have only been on a handful of other cruises (pre-covid, none on Princess) and have never been able to check in prior to 11am, so a 10:30 check in seemed early. But will show up on the earlier side and see what happens 🙂.  Thanks!

On 9/15/2021 at 12:47 AM, gmcwalker said:

Eureka, Success!! The Arrival times just became available an hour ago! I was able to pick the first Group A embarking at noon! 10 Days out! 

It makes zero difference, no one checks and no one turns uo when it says