Best Plan for Booking Cabin on Vista

aaaaa

11 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

There is a significant change on Deck 5 .. Where you used to leave Jacques and go to end of hall to elevator and stairs, that has been replaced by the Medical center.

Read the fine print on that. It say's Medical Center, Located on Deck 4, not shown. What I don't see is the stairs and Elevator that is on the O ships there. 

6 minutes ago, ORV said:

Read the fine print on that. It say's Medical Center, Located on Deck 4, not shown. What I don't see is the stairs and Elevator that is on the O ships there. 

The stairs/elevators are probably still there or you could not get to the medical centre after dinner  😉

9 minutes ago, ORV said:

Maybe they are using that space on Deck 5 for quarantine rooms??? but entrance may only be on Deck 4

• Haha 1

Just now, cruisingxpert said:

Maybe they are using that space on Deck 5 for quarantine rooms??? but entrance may only be on Deck 4

I could be wrong but I think that big white area on 5 is the galley, which is located right under the GDR. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ORV said:

I could be wrong but I think that big white area on 5 is the galley, which is located right under the GDR. 

Maybe but it was there on the O ships on the port side because we couldn't get to that elevator and stairs from the Red Ginger side.  Possibly they expanded the galley.

48 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I guess you did not get my point

On the ships now they ask you not to leave the balcony doors open  because it affects the A/C in some cabin blocks

So with the french Balcony where the doors can open I can see some issues  unless they have a cut off switch  to shut A/C off  when they are open

Just my opinion

I was not aware that they asked this, tho I have never left my room with the veranda doors open. Thanks for the info.

7 hours ago, KS&JW said:

You will need to book at least a concierge level cabin or go way up front to get an extended balcony.

It appears all of the balconies at the stern of the ship from decks 7 to 11 will be extended. All penthouse (decks 7 and 11) or concierge (decks 8 - 10) as you say. Those on deck 7 seem to be a little more extended than those on decks 8 - 11.

So not as much overlooking of the extended balconies compared to those on deck 7 of Marina/Riviera because the balcony above will also be extended. But on the other hand possibly more of a tunnel effect and less sunlight making it into the room itself.

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I guess you did not get my point

On the ships now they ask you not to leave the balcony doors open  because it affects the A/C in some cabin blocks

So with the french Balcony where the doors can open I can see some issues  unless they have a cut off switch  to shut A/C off  when they are open

Just my opinion

In addition to the river ships that have been using this design for years, Celebrity introduced it on Edge (2018) and has kept it on Apex (2020) and Beyond (2022) [they call it the 'infinite veranda']  So it must work.  There have been criticisms on Celebrity that it is not a real replacement for a true veranda, but it is clearly a huge upgrade from an oceanview.

5 hours ago, ORV said:

I also see that now there is a Conference center that didn't exist before. I guess this replaced the Board room that was deleted to make room from the expanded Baristas/Bakery area. 

Is the “board” room a room with tables/chairs to play cards or board games? I’d hate to lose that. 😔

11 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Is the “board” room a room with tables/chairs to play cards or board games? I’d hate to lose that. 😔

Yes, they also have a bunch of games in there. I'm sure they'll have something similar. 

From today's Oceania press release:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oceania-cruises-new-ship-owners-suites-and-top-of-ship-library-to-be-styled-exclusively-in-ralph-lauren-home-301364748.html

"Vista's Inaugural Season
Vista's Inaugural Season itineraries will be available for previewing on September 9, 2021, and will open for sale on September 15, 2021. Her 18 Inaugural Season voyages begin in April 2023 and will span more than 24 countries across four continents, from the ancient sands of Asia in the east to the glittering hills of Hollywood in the west."

1 minute ago, RetiredLifer said:

"Vista's Inaugural Season
Vista's Inaugural Season itineraries will be available for previewing on September 9, 2021, and will open for sale on September 15, 2021. Her 18 Inaugural Season voyages begin in April 2023 and will span more than 24 countries across four continents, from the ancient sands of Asia in the east to the glittering hills of Hollywood in the west."

So maybe traveling Europe. Asia, Australia  to North America? (four continents)

Mauibabies - Trans-Atlantic will be Southampton to New York.  After that, NY to Montreal, then down to Miami, followed by Miami - LA, then LA back to Miami for the winter in the Caribbean.

RetiredLifer - Substitute Africa for Australia and you'll have the 4 continents. 

7 minutes ago, golfguyhhi said:

Mauibabies - Trans-Atlantic will be Southampton to New York.  After that, NY to Montreal, then down to Miami, followed by Miami - LA, then LA back to Miami for the winter in the Caribbean.

RetiredLifer - Substitute Africa for Australia and you'll have the 4 continents. 

How sure are we about the transatlantic from Southampton to NY? I think Vista would remain in the Med and depart from there. 

On 8/29/2021 at 7:00 AM, LHT28 said:

I would  say it is incorrect

You have to watch some 3rd party sites as they do not always have the correct info  even the itineraries can be wrong 😉

Just saying

Speaking of “incorrect”:

FWIW: There appears to be an error in the cabin numbering on deck 9 starboard beginning after cabin 9011. It then jumps to cabin 9019. Normally number “13” is eliminated. By on this deck plan, 9015 and 9017 are missing.

1 hour ago, RetiredLifer said:

So maybe traveling Europe. Asia, Australia  to North America? (four continents)

I'd bet Europe, North America, Africa, and western Asia (Ephesus, Mitilini, Bodrum, Antalya, etc) to comprise the four continents.

Looking at the accessible cabins it seems there are very few. There are some in most cats on deck 7 but looks like for the most part you'll need to book Concierge or higher for them. 

Also as someone else mentioned, the big balconies are now starting at Concierge level, no more B3's. I guess they've reasoned balcony size is more important in value than location. It'll be interesting to see how that works out. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ORV said:

Looking at the accessible cabins it seems there are very few. There are some in most cats on deck 7 but looks like for the most part you'll need to book Concierge or higher for them. 

Also as someone else mentioned, the big balconies are now starting at Concierge level, no more B3's. I guess they've reasoned balcony size is more important in value than location. It'll be interesting to see how that works out. 

The big balconies at the rear of the ship have both size and location in their favor.  I'm surprised this wasn't done before.

2 hours ago, JVNYC said:

How sure are we about the transatlantic from Southampton to NY? I think Vista would remain in the Med and depart from there. 

Likely a Barcelona to Southampton cruise, then the NYC run.  The full TA from Barcelona to NYC as an extended/grand voyage (or whatever the current title) is also very likely.

10 minutes ago, golfguyhhi said:

Likely a Barcelona to Southampton cruise, then the NYC run.  The full TA from Barcelona to NYC as an extended/grand voyage (or whatever the current title) is also very likely.

How do you know this? 

1 minute ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The big balconies at the rear of the ship have both size and location in their favor.  I'm surprised this wasn't done before.

Well, location is a debatable subject. For those affected by movement it's not that desirable. For others like myself I prefer it. Historically if you look at Oceania's category plans on the O ships, other than the big rooms, Owner's, Vistas, & OC suites, the cheaper categories have been at the front and the back of the ship. 

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Just like  when the larger balconies were B 4's  then they became  desirable  so went up in price & category 

Same as the ones between the suites  they were cheaper then more people wanted them so now A cat

Supply & demand drives the prices 😉

18 minutes ago, JVNYC said:

How do you know this? 

I could be mysterious and say I have second sight and divined this.  Or I could say I have a good Travel Agent who attended Oceania's webinar about Vista that was broadcast to Travel Agents last week.  By the way, there will likely be a 2 or 3 day break in Miami before the Mia-LA trans-canal cruise so O can host some large number of travel agents to get familiar with the new product.  Same thing on the LA end.

18 minutes ago, golfguyhhi said:

I could be mysterious and say I have second sight and divined this.  Or I could say I have a good Travel Agent who attended Oceania's webinar about Vista that was broadcast to Travel Agents last week.  By the way, there will likely be a 2 or 3 day break in Miami before the Mia-LA trans-canal cruise so O can host some large number of travel agents to get familiar with the new product.  Same thing on the LA end.

Ah ok! Then I trust your info! Do you happen to know the date and number of nights?