another change I noticed

Knickearth

for those of us who have gotten the Princess Visa thru Barclay Bank there is a change. For 40,000 points we were able to get $500. shipboard credit.  Now it is 50,000 points for $500. shipboard credit.  All these changes to elite benefits as well as this visa thing, really makes it enticing to look at other cruise lines.  I feel they are cutting away at items that made us loyal all these years.

2 hours ago, Knickearth said:

for those of us who have gotten the Princess Visa thru Barclay Bank there is a change. For 40,000 points we were able to get $500. shipboard credit.  Now it is 50,000 points for $500. shipboard credit.  All these changes to elite benefits as well as this visa thing, really makes it enticing to look at other cruise lines.  I feel they are cutting away at items that made us loyal all these years.

I dumped that credit card for one that gives cash back. The cruise line and airline cards are always changing and they limit you. I found that I can get better rates that save me more money in the long run by not being loyal to one brand.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I dumped that credit card for one that gives cash back. The cruise line and airline cards are always changing and they limit you. I found that I can get better rates that save me more money in the long run by not being loyal to one brand.

Remember that these type of cards are not "owned" by the cruiselines. They get paid a "fee" for associating the name.

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I feel that way also about most banded cards.  One or two good cash back cards, or a card that at least has more than one way to redeem points is much better for us.  We use 3 different cruise lines, and do not want to have 3 cruise credit cards to worry with. 

3 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Ditto on the cash back cards.  We like the freedom they gives us.  And as Yogi B more or less once said cash is almost as good as money.

9 hours ago, rbtan said:

Remember that these type of cards are not "owned" by the cruiselines. They get paid a "fee" for associating the name.

I realize that but they really don't benefit me when I'm not loyal to one line. I cashed in any points I  earned for Amazon gift cards.