RCL Website/RCL support not worth the cruise

So I booked a cruise on the Allure for November earlier this year. On June 15th, I asked to reprice my cruise. The agent had to cancel the original booking, and I received a new invoice showing that the money I applied to my excursions for that booking was applied to my new booking.

I questioned the agent about this and asked him to check with hi supervisor, and confirmed the money was applied.

I then signed on July 24th and paid the balance of my trip. The site seemed to confirm I was paid by stating no further balance was due.

At the a couple days before the 90 day mark, I saw the link activate again. I thought this was just another RCL IT issue. I then received an email stating I owed 800+ dollars.

I called RCL and asked what was going on. The agent stated I received a refund earlier on my excursions and needed to pay the balance. I requested a list of transactions so I could match against my accounts. I had repriced several of my excursions, so I wanted to verify. I was upset at this point due to the assumption I was paid, and I did not trust their system.

I also requested a manager so I could report the issues I experienced with the site, including the fact I was fully paid when I paid at the end of July. The agent started to argue with me about the transactions, not listening to the fact I wanted to report the IT issues so the next person would not experience the same issues.

At that point, I had enough and asked for a full refund. He stated I would lose my depoit. I asked again for a manager. He finally relented and advised my Resolution would contact me.

They called while I was working, so I could not pick up. After work I called the number listed for them. I got an agent who assured me he would he someone. I was place on hold.  After twenty minutes, he came on again, to tell me it would be a couple more minutes, Here I am waiting,  and it has hit an hour since the call was started. I am done with RCL at this point.

Would you be done with cruising if all major cruise lines have long hold times right now? Cuz they do. Everyone is calling because everyone is confused with cancellations, mask requirements, test requirements, etc.... Switching to a smaller ship line might help get you on the horn with someone quicker,  Seabourn, SilverSea, SeaDream Yacht Club, Azamara.

If you think Carnival, Princess, etc are any better right now, I would like to say, you're wrong.

I am surprised they don't have a call back system for long hold times.

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 1

I feel your pain! I’ve had an awful time with the RC agents today.

I called because I saw a JS that I wanted to upgrade to pop up at a price I was willing to pay. After holding for 15 minutes it rang just to have silence so I hung up after a few minutes and called back. On hold again another 15 minutes or so and start to explain what I wanted to do and was disconnected! I really think the agent didn’t know what he was doing and just trying to get rid of the call. I call a third time, hold again, get another agent who just keeps putting me on hold saying they’re working on it yada yada…after 30 minutes of this I just hang up and cool off for an hour or so because I’m pretty annoyed by now. Call back hold another 15 minutes or so the phone rings and silence again. After a few minutes of silence I hang up and call back. Hold again and this agent reads notes in my booking and says the last agent had me holding to tell me the cabin I wanted was booked but couldn’t tell me because we were disconnected 😳Sooo after all that crap I just wasted my time and RC loses on my upgrade because they’re more JS available just none that I’m good with location wise. I have no idea why the agent didn’t hold the cabin while he put me on hold to figure out how to do what he needed to do?

I’m just so annoyed with RC customer service right now!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Ah, I misread "the agent"

Still, not sure why the cruise had to be canceled to reprice.

Either it's standard or something new.  As an example. I repriced my Jan. 22 Allure sailing from FLL.

When I got the invoice, some of the billing was a bit  funky.  It was repriced as a solo and the D+ BD was only $113 rather than either $250 or half of the amount.  Called customer service and the agent that I spoke to was so helpful.  He did not understand why and talked to someone.  He came back with the following explanation.

Since the repricing occurred less than 6 months, the BD is reduced by $25 or $225.  Half of the $225 totals $113 R/U..

So in essence they cancelled the original and rebooked under the  same booking number.  Whether right or wrong it made sense.

Ps:  Not crying as the repricing saved me $390.😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Moltar said:

Would you be done with cruising if all major cruise lines have long hold times right now? Cuz they do. Everyone is calling because everyone is confused with cancellations, mask requirements, test requirements, etc.... Switching to a smaller ship line might help get you on the horn with someone quicker,  Seabourn, SilverSea, SeaDream Yacht Club, Azamara.

If you think Carnival, Princess, etc are any better right now, I would like to say, you're wrong.

Didn't really want to comment on the thread....Was just impressed with the "Moltar" avatar! 😁👍

Carry on..

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I feel your pain! I’ve had an awful time with the RC agents today.

I called because I saw a JS that I wanted to upgrade to pop up at a price I was willing to pay. After holding for 15 minutes it rang just to have silence so I hung up after a few minutes and called back. On hold again another 15 minutes or so and start to explain what I wanted to do and was disconnected! I really think the agent didn’t know what he was doing and just trying to get rid of the call. I call a third time, hold again, get another agent who just keeps putting me on hold saying they’re working on it yada yada…after 30 minutes of this I just hang up and cool off for an hour or so because I’m pretty annoyed by now. Call back hold another 15 minutes or so the phone rings and silence again. After a few minutes of silence I hang up and call back. Hold again and this agent reads notes in my booking and says the last agent had me holding to tell me the cabin I wanted was booked but couldn’t tell me because we were disconnected 😳Sooo after all that crap I just wasted my time and RC loses on my upgrade because they’re more JS available just none that I’m good with location wise. I have no idea why the agent didn’t hold the cabin while he put me on hold to figure out how to do what he needed to do?

I’m just so annoyed with RC customer service right now!

I called early in the morning on Friday, and the agent that I got could not have been more helpful.  I only had to wait a few minutes to get a satisfactory answer.  along the way, he apologized that I had to be placed on hold. 

I guess it depends on the agent.

I don’t wait on hold.  That’s my travel agent’s job.  When everything goes smooth, you can do it yourself.  But when it goes sideways, a good TA is worth their weight in gold.  Since you can never tell when sideways might happen, I always use a TA.

Just to clarify, I booked through the site. There are pluses and minuses with using a TA, and this time I thought I would go through the site since I had no t had issues before. 

About the call I was on:

The original agent who placed me on hold finally answered at 1 h 34 minutes. I was transferred to a manager. I told them I was trying to reach XXX of Resolutions, but I would speak with anyone with them. I was placed on hold again. At 1 h 47 minutes, I was disconnected. I am giving up for the night and hope their Resolutions department doesn't call during my work time.

Edited by OverBored62
Spelling

Well, finally got Resolutions Department and reported the IT problem. Given the choices of canceling the cruise for future cruise credit or pay the balance and reeive some OBC, after a full minute, I decided to take the OBC. Hoping no further issues. Did get an answer that pleased me that since I am taking back to back cruises that start within 3 days of each other, I would not need to test between them.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Moltar said:

Unfortunately I Agree, what I've seen/read all Major Lines having same issues. That said was fortunate for 5yrs had same Royal PVP. I'd shoot him an email and he'd respond same day. I miss him... Little more work now but except for right after 9/11 still finding some of cheapest Cruises ever paid for and these are all SOLO. Got another $300 reduction on one Booking yesterday. Called and took total 28 min wait/talk with Royal, mission accomplished. Had a Missing one FCC from April, called and that one took 12 min inc wait time. My Daughter also had missing FCC same Cruise, she called last nite and they created it while she was on with them. Refunds? 5 Canceled Cruises, took total 7days and 6hrs money was back in my acct. Wish everyone was having same Luck we are...

Edited by ONECRUISER