Jamaica

bobbismith

3 hours ago, Bermuda C said:

Yes I am just off the Sunrise. We ported in Ochos Rios on Monday.  You could

do Carnival Excursions and other “approved” taxis. We just went to the Margaritaville and hung out on beach

Did they have the Bob Marley bus excursion? That was the highlight of our Carnival cruise that included Ochos Rios, Jamaica. I was told by the Carnival excursion person on the phone when I pre-booked it for us that it always sells out.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, re-re said:

Going to Ocho in November and no Bob Marley excursions listed. 😔 

I'll repeat that would be  a shame if it is no longer available. It was a wonderful excursion (and the reason I picked that cruise). I was also told by the excursion person on the phone when I pre-booked it for us that it always sold out.

45 minutes ago, solocruzin said:

If Carnival is not offering it you can always book independently with a  reputable tour company. I see quite a few on Viator.  

It really is the type that you feel safer getting back to the ship with a ship's tour as it goes far into the interior of Jamaica.

• Like 1

We cruised to Montego Bay on the Dream in 2019 and booked independently to St. Ann's, the birth parish and final resting place of Bob Marley. Our driver shared our concerns that we be returned to the ship well before departure and came through without ever rushing. We enjoyed this very much and it made for warm memories.

Marley Home Vista.jpg

Marley Guitar.jpg

45 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

We cruised to Montego Bay on the Dream in 2019 and booked independently to St. Ann's, the birth parish and final resting place of Bob Marley. Our driver shared our concerns that we be returned to the ship well before departure and came through without ever rushing. We enjoyed this very much and it made for warm memories.

Marley Home Vista.jpg

Marley Guitar.jpg

Good to know, and thanks for the pictures. But, I would still worry on an independent trip that far from the port.

When I first read other posters saying Carnival does not have this excursion listed, my immediate thought was the attraction was closed at this time. Now with others saying there are still private excursions listed, I am baffled why Carnival would not have an excursion that is so popular that it always fills.

56 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Good to know, and thanks for the pictures. But, I would still worry on an independent trip that far from the port.

When I first read other posters saying Carnival does not have this excursion listed, my immediate thought was the attraction was closed at this time. Now with others saying there are still private excursions listed, I am baffled why Carnival would not have an excursion that is so popular that it always fills.

Worry all you like, to each their own life.