Does anyone remember…………………..

pthjudy

A few months before COVID closed down cruising, we took a 7 day cruise on Anthem. I remember we had decided not to buy an internet package but a few days in, we changed our mind. I know there was a package at that time. Does anyone remember what a 4 day end of cruise package might cost? We are booked on this same itinerary in March and since the first port is Port Canaveral, we can do without internet for the first 2 days. I’m trying to decide if waiting will save money over ordering ahead of boarding. (I wish we could still pay by the minute. I only want for checking email and by reading and responding offline, I used just a minute or two each session.)

Unless there is a internet special package offered, which is usually offered mid cruise, you pay a daily rate for the number of days left in your cruise which includes the day bought but not the disembarkation or last day.

On our last cruise, which was on Explorer in Dec.2019 that daily rate was $22.99 per day.

DW and I are D+ C&A members so typically one of us uses our two free internet days spaced out by one day on the first part of the cruise and start this on the second day as we have shore based internet available before embarking. We use the other's two free days as a two days credit to pay for a rest of the cruise special offer package which typically gets us at least another free internet day.

If no special priced internet package is offered onboard your cruise you can buy individual days spaced out by a day as these are for full 24 hours periods so one can use it right at the start and again the next day just before the 24 hours period ends.

Edited by robtulipe

We are on Allure and once we boarded we think it was $139., then dropped about $24.95 per day. With 2 days free add on was $19.95 for last 3 days. We often use his free 48 hrs followed by my free 48 for 4 free days.

41 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

With RCI's dynamic pricing, you never know when something will be available for purchase or how much it will cost.

VOOM availability and pricing has been fairly steady compared to other items. 

1 minute ago, footzz said:

I hope you don't feel the same about Smart Phones now that RCI is requiring the download of the mobile app prior to sailing.

While perhaps more inconvenient, one can still cruise without a mobile device. 

34 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

While perhaps more inconvenient, one can still cruise without a mobile device. 

Yep, for now. But, in the not too distant future, we'll be waxing poetic about the good old days when we actually took a cruise without one.

1 hour ago, jsf said:

We cruise to get away from the Internet!

I basically need it only to keep in touch with my children. So it’s basically email. I may also check weather and headlines.