Saint Greg's Mardi Gras - LIVE - August 28th-September 4th 2021

Saint Greg

I guess this is the closest you have to a sports bar. There’s a tv on one end and a tv on the other end and the people in the middle are screwed. Plus there’s probably going to be

some solo guitarist or karaoke going on.

Not a fan. Very happy I’ll be on Panorama and Vista when real games are happening.

6EF23259-1AAF-4225-9D6B-B0BAD159E055.jpeg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I guess this is the closest you have to a sports bar. There’s a tv on one end and a tv on the other end and the people in the middle are screwed. Plus there’s probably going to be

Not a fan. Very happy I’ll be on Panorama and Vista when real games are happening.

Turn around, behind you over in the Heroes lounge there are a couple of screens, big ones, and they were (silently) running various matches on them throughout our journey.  Apparently Heroes was originally going to have its own bar with its own signature drinks and then they must have decided the Parched Pig was adequate for the space (along with the outdoor Watering Hole adjacent) and then replaced it with the Army Jeep themed Swirls station instead. 

Edited by KmomChicago

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Try the Hero's bar?

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Pig &Anchor is open. They have the best bloody Marys but it was an issue on panorama because they didn’t open till 10 or 10:30.

I asked for spicy and boy is it!

F1EE953E-1141-4662-9880-4E5DC53892A9.jpeg

Awesome!  My favorite way to start the day on a cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

In my review I constantly raved about the Deck 8 aft, Summer Landing area of the Smokehouse (which has a breakfast buffet, though I didn't try it), the Parched Pig bar, and the somewhat underused (compared to Lido) outdoor pool area.  There is a soda machine there in the Smokehouse that is hardly noticed or used. Same dynamic, one at a time, but it's rare anyone else is standing there with you waiting. We had Bottomless Bubbles for the first time on MG in an effort to stay hydrated in the heat.  Also, Parched Pig was the only bar where they didn't run us a tab to sign for plain juice. Just looked at my BB sticker on my S/S card and handed us the juice.

See i noticed it is this morning because two people were getting soda before me.

so it was a few minutes standing there

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

See i noticed it is this morning because two people were getting soda before me.

so it was a few minutes standing there

Yeah, that's annoying and it's not like there are multiple stations at any given location. 😞

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Turn around, behind you over in the Heroes lounge there are a couple of screens, big ones, and they were (silently) running various matches on them throughout our journey.  Apparently Heroes was originally going to have its own bar with its own signature drinks and then they must have decided the Parched Pig was adequate for the space (along with the outdoor Watering Hole adjacent) and the replaced it with the Army Jeep themed Swirls station instead. 

Yeah I know. It’s just chairs and couches. And two big screens. No bar no bartender no sound and still have to listen to whatever the entertainment is in here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just sitting here I’ve had two people come up next to me in last 15 Minutes asking about sports. One in a browns jersey wanting to see the browns game at noon…another wanting to see a college game tonight. They aren’t going to get either of those games. They’re telling everyone they only have espn and espn2. Now unless something has changed they should also have SEC network.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Pig &Anchor is open. They have the best bloody Marys but it was an issue on panorama because they didn’t open till 10 or 10:30.

I asked for spicy and boy is it!

F1EE953E-1141-4662-9880-4E5DC53892A9.jpeg

I plan on having lots of those! I hope it's not too sweet (but definitely like the spicy). It's hard finding lowish sugar drinks on a cruise (or any vacay spot really!)

• Like 2