Saint Greg's Mardi Gras - LIVE - August 28th-September 4th 2021

Saint Greg

26 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah I know. It’s just chairs and couches. And two big screens. No bar no bartender no sound and still have to listen to whatever the entertainment is in here.

Yes. Honestly I had the same thoughts. You could have put a, you know, WALL in here to separate this Heroes space from the restaurant / lounge / bar / multipurpose space of the Smokehouse with its (good but intrusive) live music and then the Heroes bar could have rather easily doubled as a true sports bar. 

Why these people don't ask for our opinions is beyond me!  What do you bet they do eventually enclose the space?  You would think along with Burger Joint and certain other staples that a dedicated or at least, semi-dedicated sports bar would be an absolute requirement on any newbuilds or refurbs.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Interesting. The QR code is for the watering hole outside. I wonder if that means you don’t get pig & anchor service here.

623E6BD3-63E1-4A4B-9428-CD2AF9880377.jpeg

There was a dedicated Heroes bar menu with themed signature drinks floating around (I think it is in operation in one of the Vista class ships?) but as far as I could tell they are not using it on MG.  Minor grumbles of course but it's slightly frustrating when they have a great idea and then they don't follow through on it.

13 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

There was a dedicated Heroes bar menu with themed signature drinks floating around (I think it is in operation in one of the Vista class ships?) but as far as I could tell they are not using it on MG.  Minor grumbles of course but it's slightly frustrating when they have a great idea and then they don't follow through on it.

It’s on panorama only. That was the start and end of the hero’s bar. Too bad I really liked it. I’ll be watching some football there the last week of October so check that review.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

I feel bad for the bartenders on the 9/11 Panorama cruise I'm going on. Week 1 of NFL. Can I bet on the O/U of how many times they'll be asked for a specific game? They need to put this in the daily planner. It'll eliminate so many headaches.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matt1119 said:

I feel bad for the bartenders on the 9/11 Panorama cruise I'm going on. Week 1 of NFL. Can I bet on the O/U of how many times they'll be asked for a specific game? They need to put this in the daily planner. It'll eliminate so many headaches.

If they really wanted to do something cool they could put some of the bigger events on the screen in Grand Central. There is not much going on in there during the day.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Just sitting here I’ve had two people come up next to me in last 15 Minutes asking about sports. One in a browns jersey wanting to see the browns game at noon…another wanting to see a college game tonight. They aren’t going to get either of those games. They’re telling everyone they only have espn and espn2. Now unless something has changed they should also have SEC network.

The Browns don’t play til 8 pm

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

If they really wanted to do something cool they could put some of the bigger events on the screen in Grand Central. There is not much going on in there during the day.

So does MG not have a “showroom”? Is GC where the shows are performed?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, matt1119 said:

well it sounds like they have Sunday ticket this year so they should be able to put multiple games on. I’m trying to remember how many screens they have. Two big ones behind the bar and one big one in the seating area. I can’t remember if they had some smaller ones or not but they should at least be able to put 3 games on. I purposely planned it when my game is on Monday night so I know itll be on.

Edited by Saint Greg

I stopped

by guest services because it looks like I’m missing the OBC I got for not canceling a few months ago. She says it’s all there it’s just listed weird. I’ll monitor it as the Charges add up

Edited by Saint Greg