Saint Greg's Mardi Gras - LIVE - August 28th-September 4th 2021

Saint Greg

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

After dinnner I walked to the grand central station and the juggler is doing his repeat and he’s at a part I’ve already see so I will get to see what I missed earlier 

Well was Rudi’s life altering or all show and no Go?

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

There are a lot of alchemists on this ship working in other bars. I think Maria said 16. I just heard someone ask about Kat. They were were told she isn’t working in the alchemy this week. She’s in the limelight. That makes me wonder if it’s the same kat that was an alchemist on my glory cruise two years ago. If so that makes….at least 5 of my former alchemists working in other bars on this ship. 

Different Kat onboard.  The one you're thinking of (LIberty/Glory) is still in Minsk. 

Also, since you enjoy the extra-spiciness of the Bloody Mary beverages . . . later in the week while at Alchemy, ask Natalya to create something with the same lever of 'kick'.  Good chance it will be very memorable.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Towel Critter quote of the day: "Oh good God here comes stumblin' "saint" Greg again, gonna flatten me like a pancake when he plops down"...

No towel animals have been harmed while making this blog.

EBDADEC1-2A05-4BBB-9E0F-A99D84775D93.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 7
  • Haha 10

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Milli Vanilli has done more singing than I have dancing. But I know the perfect person to ask. 

If you can fake it that good I’ll be your dancing 💃🏻 partner any day. Thanks 🙏🏻 so much Greg! As long as you know a guy that knows a guy I’m a happy dancer in a camper! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Compliments of the chef

Carboniated tomato with kiwi spear

DD3A122D-2869-4CE7-987A-FF857B0674D2.jpeg

I wonder what the odds are that I could make away with that awesome bowl?... I can't wait to try Rudi's, I've got two reservations...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I wonder what the odds are that I could make away with that awesome bowl?... I can't wait to try Rudi's, I've got two reservations...

Again deferring to 18+ Comedy Host Andy, on the last night he advised us there are only ten security guards onboard vs. 4,000 guests. Just don't get off the ship tomorrow, and if you do, take anything that's not nailed down, what are they gonna do? 

Yes MG has their A team on this ship - this applies to the Fun Crew and from what I could tell, all departments. As others have noted with all the talk of Alchemy, I think the best of the best were recalled for these first redeployed ships, and some may have taken jobs a notch lower than their resume qualifications to get back to work one contract earlier. In theory by the time the rest of the fleet resumes operations, this talent will be reassigned to the best jobs on the smaller ships.

Yet another of the unique benefits for those of us brave and lucky (or whatever adjective you want to place on us) enough to get on these first historic voyages in this new normal world of ours.

More seriously, hello Carnival. You make a lot of collateral profit from merch, time to sell that stuff in the gift shop, helllloooooooooooo!!!!  John Heald, pass it to the top brass.

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Did you eat any?... That cheese is sooo good when you're "feeling good"...

You know how I feel about that. What do they do when you’re done. Do they throw it away or take it to the back and bring It back out for someone else? How do I know that cheese wasn’t already tainted by someone who was

picking his nose in the comedy club?

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

15 hours ago, bdever said:

Please Greg if you could cover the Salsa scene in San Juan and the joints the locals frequent for live salsa & reaggeton music that would be amazing. It’s my dream some day to visit PR and I’m really interested in the Salsa & Reggaeton scene. 

I think the ship leaves at 4P so, doubt any salsa or reggaeton clubs will be open. But if you're there at night look into La Cubanita on Calle San Jose, or La Factoria .  Best places for locals like Los Almendros are south of San Juan across the bay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1