Toiletries question for anyone who has sailed this summer

nowornever

Just now, nowornever said:

Are they still putting the make-up remover pads in the bathroom daily?

Good morning😀they are in packets

Just speak with your Butler about how many you want.

I once asked for hypo-allergenic toiletries … to avoid the extra packing … they said they did supply them but when they arrived they were heavily scented. Unimpressed. Will take my own …. in 34 days ………. eek!

13 hours ago, nowornever said:

Thanks...one less item to pack.  I was afraid they might be a victim of cost cutting.  Enjoy your cruise, Lois.

YES, Lois, enjoy your Silver Muse cruise in Alaska.  For this summer, is Silversea still offering these Bvlgari products as shown below?  I especially love the green, round soap.  Or, have the corporate "bean-counting, pinch-pennies" cut-out this nice, luxury perk?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

IMG_3523.thumb.jpeg.f7eb994e2373d44ee345e677cf96d411.jpeg

6 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

I especially love the green, round soap. 

Curious.  Is that soap a pure glycerin soap?  HAL used to offer such a soap; its color was yellow, however.  Many Mariners loved that soap and it was lost due to "cost cutting".  

7 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

YES, Lois, enjoy your Silver Muse cruise in Alaska.  For this summer, is Silversea still offering these Bvlgari products as shown below?  I especially love the green, round soap.  Or, have the corporate "bean-counting, pinch-pennies" cut-out this nice, luxury perk?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

IMG_3523.thumb.jpeg.f7eb994e2373d44ee345e677cf96d411.jpeg

Yes, the Bulgari Green Tea is still offered. I can’t recall if the translucent one is 100% glycerin, but it certainly looks like it. The hypo-allergenic is a German brand called Seba Med. 

I can tell you that it felt like no expense was spared on the Moon, so there was no feeling of “bean counting or penny pinching.” In fact, it felt like the experience was elevated relative to pre-Covid.

I have come across these Bulgari toiletries over the years in many hotels (as well as airlines kits).  Some must collect them for resale:  there is no shortage of people peddling them on eBay.

FYI, most of these items are manufactured by the same few global suppliers who make products for hotels and other institutions at all levels, from no to 5-star.

These Bulgari ones, in particular, are very heavily scented.  We thought there is a non-scented hypoallergenic option, but it turns out to be Sebamed, with a sweet generic institutional scent.

So if you prefer non-scented toiletries, better bring your own. 

We were on a LAN flight from LA to Santiago & the swag bag had Bulgari products.  By the time we landed, the entire front section of the plane smelled so strongly of THAT scent that I never want to smell it again..  A couple of years ago there was a salesperson in Costco giving away samples of Seamed shampoo.  Other than that, I've never seen it anywhere around our area.  We too, take our own unscented "stuff."