It's Been Awhile...

Terre

since we've sailed on Norwegian.  Our last cruise on NCL was 2008 and we have a 7 night booked for January, so tell me, how's the food in the MDR, entertainment, cabins?  Do you still get prime rib and lobster in the MDR?

Anything else I need to know, good and/or bad? 

it has been a while. sorry, no lobster. maybe tails in cagneys for a upcharge, but last time we sailed on the jade and epic (haven both times) there was no lobster offered.

also cole thornton is correct, different ships have different amenities,  and it's important to know which ship and which category cabin you are booking but , ive sailed with ncl 18 times since 2010 on at least 8 different ships, and most cabins are standard throughout the fleet. i.e. they all look more or less the same. again, different ships offer different entertainment and theater shows. i for one, do not take the entertainment into consideration when i book a cruise (frankly scarlett, i dont  give a d**n).

itinerary and price are the ultimate reasons i book,

while i have nothing bad to say about the food in the mdr, with the dinner package, and the extra 2 (we are platinum +) i prefer the specialty restaurants,

i dont  know if these were available in 2008, but cagneys(steakhouse) is excellent, as is moderno (brazillian style) teppanyaki (japanese just like beni-hana) la cucina (italian which ive always found to be just ok) and le bistro (french restaurant that is good, but i dont like to go there even when we get a freebie. to snooty for me).

some other newer ships offer different venues, but you wont go wrong if you wish to stick with mdr.

i believe that o'sheehans offers prime rib. since i'm not a big fan of prime rib, i really can't comment on who may serve it.

all that being said, if you're already booked, log on to your reservation, click dining and all the restaurants will appear and you can check their menus.

above all, have a great cruise and "BON VOYAGE"!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terre said:

since we've sailed on Norwegian.  Our last cruise on NCL was 2008 and we have a 7 night booked for January, so tell me, how's the food in the MDR, entertainment, cabins?  Do you still get prime rib and lobster in the MDR?

Anything else I need to know, good and/or bad? 

A peek at some recent MDR menus and Specialty Dining menus. Not all of the specialty restaurants will be on the Epic, Gem, and Getaway. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 10:44 PM, ColeThornton said:

Which ship?

Sorry, in January it's the Epic, May is the Gem, and September is Getaway, all 2022.  Right now that all depends on the Delta variant...

Edited by Terre