Fire on Iona?

Slugsta

Friends are currently on Iona and I had a message to say that there was a fire at 4.30am - they said that they didn't have to leave their cabin but could smell smoke through the aircon. I hope this means that it was easily dealt with . . .

Just now, Dorset cruise fan said:

Nothing to do with fire. There was an issue with the azipod. We are underway now

Thanks for the info. The last I heard from my friend was that you were not moving - but I have been out for a few hours so haven't had a more recent update.

39 minutes ago, Slugsta said:

Thanks for the info. The last I heard from my friend was that you were not moving - but I have been out for a few hours so haven't had a more recent update.

Currently doing about 16kts going NE.

Fires on cruise ships are not all that rare and are thankfully usually very minor. We have been on a few where fire calls have gone out, one was very similar where you could smell smoke in corridor and all it was was a rubber belt on a motor burnt out and was soon dealt with.

I also should have mentioned the ship couldn't weigh its anchor this morning. Computer says no! All fixed and nothing missed from the itinerary.  We are having a fab time and everything else bar the app works well.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Cathygh said:

I also should have mentioned the ship couldn't weigh its anchor this morning. Computer says no! All fixed and nothing missed from the itinerary.  We are having a fab time and everything else bar the app works well.

Yes, my friends are very unimpressed by the app (especially as the husband is a software engineer)!