How to meet testing reqs (Allure, FL, Sep)?

Hi all,

I was reading through the official paperwork RCL shared with us...

"Pre-Cruise: Within 3 days of your sailing’s departure date and before your arrival to the terminal, all guests 2 years and older are required to present a negative COVID-19 Test Result (antigen or PCR.) Proper documentation like, printed negative test results or negative test results presented on your phone from an accredited laboratory"

So if the cruise departs at 7pm on Sun 12th, what does 'within 3 days' exactly mean? After 7pm Thu? Last we did a test in Walgreens it arrived in 2 business day which will be Monday in this case.

Do other forum members have plan B? Like making an extra appointment for rapid tests ($190 each, sigh)? Also not sure what qualifies for 'accredited laboratory'

Anytime on Thursday.  Also the NAAT and Rapid Antigen are your best bet to get it back in time.  As long as it isn't a at home test that isn't proctored you should be fine.

Edited by mauraoel

When are you cruising? My sister and her immediately family are on Allure right now. Their tests were taken at 9am Thursday and they boarded at 1:30 pm Sunday-so 3 days not literal 24hts was allowed. One did not have results back (PCR)so the back up plan for all had been the rapid antigen at MCO $65 each. The ones that already had results were able to cancel their appointments at MCO for no charge and the one that needed it was able to walk right up (they were the first tests of the day) and be out with the result in ten minutes. Things may still change. I too was to be on the ship with my immediate family but with the testing, our schedules, and some pet illnesses we chose cruise with confidence and moved to Harmony  next May.  

Edited by canyoncam
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, cruiser101_1 said:

Cruise departs at 7pm on Sun Sep, 12th - from Orlando 

If you are flying in I’d definitely make the antigen reservation at MCO. That’s pretty close so things should be about the same, but we all know it changes quickly. 

Just now, cruiser101_1 said:

Cruise departs at 7pm on Sun Sep, 12th - from Orlando 

So Allure, there are quite a few options,  depending on when you travel to the Florida or if you are in Florida.  Walgreens, CVS or local health depts can administer tests, most of these will be free.  Canoncam mentioned the MCo that would be a great fall back but with the added cost.  there is a thread going on right now about the home proctored tests that you can also do they are permitted by Royal.

Also you may want to say hello to your fellow cruises here:

• Like 3

Just now, ADunk said:

We are on the same sail and will be scheduling our tests tomorrow for 9/9! 

Gotta get Erin scheduled for a test on the 9th just before she leaves Virginia Jeff and I are doing the Telemed ones since we will already be in Florida.

• Like 1

Based on Symphony checkin on August 21 they look for name of passenger, NEGATIVE, nasal, ANTIGEN or PCR, the fact the test was done by some kind of lab, and within 3 calendar days.  They could care less about brand of test.  Our antigen tests from urgent care center were "signed" by a PA.  No idea if person coming to our car was that PA.  Results were emailed before we even got home from the center.  Person checking test and vaccination record to get in the building appeared to be a normal port worker, not a medical person.

I have PCR/NAAT scheduled for wife and I in the am 3 days prior to our. Will head to RX store in afternoon to get rapid test, just in case results do not come back in time.

Not leaving anything to chance.!

• Like 1

I'm sailing out this Saturday, and scheduled a PCR test for yesterday with CVS as soon as the appointments opened up.  But once Walgreens opened their appointments for Rapid Tests, I grabbed an appointment with them for the same day, and cancelled the PCR.  Well Walgreens called me yesterday, just a few hours before the rapid test to say that they would have to cancel because they didn't get their test kits in and there is a nationwide shortage!  I couldn't get a PCR test at Walgreens or CVS yesterday, but through my state's health department website, I found a free test site close by.  I went in around 11:00am and they promised a 24 hour turnaround.  But just in case, I booked a backup test for this afternoon at Walgreens.  I was able to cancel the backup appointment last night when my results came in.  So I'd recommend checking all resources for tests so that you have a backup plan just in case!

• Like 4

This 3 day testing results reports are only going to get worse   Cruise lines are going to have to relent on the short timeframe. Now everyone is making double and more appointments "just in case"  and it will be harder and harder to find a test available.  

1 hour ago, TheInnocentAge said:

If you have a CVS pharmacy near you, they are pretty quick.

I had a Rapid Test done at 12:05 PM this afternoon, before I even got home they texted me at 12:17 to tell me it was negative, then emailed me the 'official' result and website link at 1:08 PM. 

Yeah, unless they cancel your appt the day before, then you are forced to take the long test and wait 1-4 days, as I sit here making myself sick over this, supposed to cruise on Sunday. Too late to make other appts now, they are all booked, I don't know how all these people are getting tested, been on computer now for hours trying to schedule something. I hate having to put in all my personal info, set up account, password etc, then they say sorry no appt available.

1 hour ago, TheInnocentAge said:

If you have a CVS pharmacy near you, they are pretty quick.

I had a Rapid Test done at 12:05 PM this afternoon, before I even got home they texted me at 12:17 to tell me it was negative, then emailed me the 'official' result and website link at 1:08 PM. 

But go online and check to see WHICH CVS will do the Antigen.  More do the PCR which is longer return times and not good for cruising if you have to fly.

Map out a plan for a 25 mile radius of which stores and get on line early in the day like 6am.

I monitored 4 stores and 3 of the 4 are easier to get appointments even 8 days in advance.

Also don't forget about the BinaxNOW/eMED/NAVICA self test option RCCL is now accepting .

There is a great thread posted about real life application's. Ordering mine now for a just in case scenario.

Edited by alexgtp
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, alexgtp said:

Also don't forget about the BinaxNOW/eMED/NAVICA self test option RCCL is now accepting .

There is a great thread posted about real life application's. Ordering mine now for a just in case scenario.

I heard those have to be virtually supervised to be accepted by the cruise line, but that the tele appointments are hard to get.  What have you  heard?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, alexgtp said:

Exactly!!!

12 minutes ago, JsMom2 said:

I heard those have to be virtually supervised to be accepted by the cruise line, but that the tele appointments are hard to get.  What have you  heard?

That is correct...it HAS TO BE the proctored version. Think maybe that was a while ago....I just hear of someone who posted they called in the morning and had someone on in 1 minute.

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 2

On 8/27/2021 at 7:30 AM, JsMom2 said:

Correct.  eMED/Navica is a supervised test, hence the lofty price tag. They include the price of televisit into test.

And to throw another wrench into everything…..CDC is now “recommending” the cruise lines reduce their testing window from 3 days prior to 2 days prior.

Hoping and praying they don’t elect to do this as it puts too much burden on us….but I am afraid it is coming.  They want to implement this as soon as Sept. 13th!!!

70636220-5B1B-436C-BE0C-8785F745F38F.png

Edited by GTO-Girl