RAPID Antigen test...

Shippy

I have the Abbott Binax Now Rapid test kit at home.

I know MSC says home test kits are not acceptable.

I was just on a Walgreen's site to check out their tests.

Apparently this is the test they use for their Antigen test.

We are vaccinated & MSC says an Antigen test is OK for vaccinated.

Do you think that this is then acceptable since it is administered by the drugstore & not ourselves.

We are sailing on a Saturday but flying out to Miami on Thursday.

I was hoping to get a quick test done on Wednesday afternoon so it is taken care of before we go.

Any opinions ??

I do NOT believe they will accept it.  The notice clearly states that you must have a "Provider" documented on your results.  Home tests do not have a Provider.  Review previous posts and I think you will hear others say no.  There is also a news story about a couple that were turned away on NCL for home kits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kjenaz said:

I do NOT believe they will accept it.  The notice clearly states that you must have a "Provider" documented on your results.  Home tests do not have a Provider.  Review previous posts and I think you will hear others say no.  There is also a news story about a couple that were turned away on NCL for home kits.

The provider & administrator  would be Walgreens that is why I was hoping it would be OK.

12 minutes ago, Shippy said:

The provider & administrator  would be Walgreens that is why I was hoping it would be OK.

Antigen test administered by Walgreens is acceptable for fully vaccinated guests on MSC . It must be administered 3 days before cruise embarkation. Make sure you bring original vaccine card.

. You are lucky to find a Walgreens that has the antigen tests. With school starting and uptick in cases, Rapid Tests ( Antigen) are experiencing a shortage. 

Edited by phissy

1 hour ago, kjenaz said:

There is also a news story about a couple that were turned away on NCL for home kits.

Currently NCL is sailing 100% vaccinated. I believe , in the US, they are only sailing out of Seattle currently. There is no prior test requirement for NCL. They test everyone prior to embarkation here at pier. Rapid test , no cost to passengers. 
There is a story online of RCL passengers denied boarding. 
Self administered tests not accepted by any cruise line, in the US.

The Binax Now AG , eMed monitored rapid test is accepted by other cruise lines.  NOT MSC, currently.

Trying to get a boarding pass for MSC Meraviglia August 30, 2021.  Has anyone else had a problem getting a boarding pass this close to their cruise from MSC?  We are paid in full and vaccinated.  I do not know why they have not issued the boarding pass yet.  The pass is supposed to have an assigned time to arrive at the port.  Without the pass will we be let in the terminal?

advise

Kelly

1 hour ago, ksibla said:

Trying to get a boarding pass for MSC Meraviglia August 30, 2021.  Has anyone else had a problem getting a boarding pass this close to their cruise from MSC?  We are paid in full and vaccinated.  I do not know why they have not issued the boarding pass yet.  The pass is supposed to have an assigned time to arrive at the port.  Without the pass will we be let in the terminal?

advise

Kelly

I think there is another current thread about boarding passes......

Sorry, just trying to stick to the topic.

AND, I am confused by the answers....

IF I get an antigin test administered by Walgreens, is it good enough no matter which test it is ?

1 hour ago, ksibla said:

advise

Kelly

- click on Web Check in

- select one of the passengers 

- click next until you reach a screen that should have a link for your documents and your boarding pass

I also had trouble getting my boarding pass for our sept 3rd sailing. The only way to gain access to it was by following the steps listed above. 

Self administered home tests have a higher frequency of being inaccurate.  Even if it is the same test bring administered at Walgreens ( or CVS, WALMART etc).trained personnel are doing the actual specimen gathering.  ANd the results are being done along with daily quality assurance controls.  Plus the drugstore is backing the results by official letterheads.  Less likely for it to be inaccurate.

3 hours ago, phissy said:

. It must be administered 3 days before cruise embarkation. 

Just wanted to correct that statement. It must be administered “no more” than 3 days before embarkation.  You are fine doing it 3,2,1 days before the cruise or even the day of.

• Like 1

Ok...

Cruise is Saturday 9/25.

Just booked a COVID-19 RAPID ANTIGEN TEST at a place called On Point testing for noon on Wednesday 9/22.  Results within 1 hour.....$59.00

At this point I could care less about the price. Does the rest of my testing appointment look OK to  you  ?

Thanks for opinions

4 hours ago, bafinegan said:

Even if it is the same test bring administered at Walgreens ( or CVS, WALMART etc).trained personnel are doing the actual specimen gathering.

I've been stuck in the drive-through line at Walgreens enough to know the specimen is gathered by the person being tested.

• Like 1

Yes, your testing time is in line with msc requirements- boarding Saturday earliest test is Wednesday.  My msc cruise boards Friday and have my test set up for Tuesday.

Also, by the results in one hour- sounds like it is an Antigen test which works if you are vaccinated and plan to show your card at boarding.  I am vaccinated and my test is an Antigen as well.

36 minutes ago, Shippy said:

Ok...

Cruise is Saturday 9/25.

Just booked a COVID-19 RAPID ANTIGEN TEST at a place called On Point testing for noon on Wednesday 9/22.  Results within 1 hour.....$59.00

At this point I could care less about the price. Does the rest of my testing appointment look OK to  you  ?

Thanks for opinions

56 minutes ago, Shippy said:

Ok...

Cruise is Saturday 9/25.

Thanks for opinions

Timing and test look good, for fully vaccinated.
wow, $59 is a great price for test. 
Have a great cruise!

MSC just updated page on Health and Safety.

I just looked at cruises after Nov 1, 2021, so far.

Telehealth monitored rapid Antigen Covid tests are now accepted . There is one that is not acceptable listed.

Thanks to all who submitted comments to MSC requesting they accept this type of test. I submitted all the names of the other major cruise lines that currently accept this type of test.

For fully vaccinated guests cruising in the Caribbean, after October 31, 2021.

Edited by phissy

4 hours ago, phissy said:

MSC just updated page on Health and Safety.

I just looked at cruises after Nov 1, 2021, so far.

Telehealth monitored rapid Antigen Covid tests are now accepted . There is one that is not acceptable listed.

Thanks to all who submitted comments to MSC requesting they accept this type of test. I submitted all the names of the other major cruise lines that currently accept this type of test.

For fully vaccinated guests cruising in the Caribbean, after October 31, 2021.

to bad that does not start this month !