Have you ever been on a cruise with zero children?

savannahcouple

Well, anyone that is sailing with NCL between now and the end of the year is your chance. I just received word that the NCL policy is that no children will be allowed on board due to the 100% vaccination policy. If you have booked a cruise and are planning on bringing your children your about to receive a phone call from NCL letting you know you need to find a sitter, or get ready to cancel your trip.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, savannahcouple said:

Well, anyone that is sailing with NCL between now and the end of the year is your chance. I just received word that the NCL policy is that no children will be allowed on board due to the 100% vaccination policy. If you have booked a cruise and are planning on bringing your children your about to receive a phone call from NCL letting you know you need to find a sitter, or get ready to cancel your trip.

I read none under 12 since they can be vaccinated at 12.

I did a 2 week med at the start of the school year that only had 5 children on board the ship and they were all relatives of the entertainment. Cruise director announced it the first day. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, savannahcouple said:

Ok so perhaps the wrong terminology was used, there will be no one under the age of 12 will be on the ships until at least 2022. 
I was just extremely excited because I won’t have to wait for my soft serve ice as long as I’m accustomed to.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Of course, if the FDA / WHO / etc. approve the vaccines for the under-12 cohort shortly, as rumoured, then they would presumably be allowed to sail before the end of the year... That said, I'm looking forward to a mostly-child-free cruise in October.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, savannahcouple said:

Ok so perhaps the wrong terminology was used, there will be no one under the age of 12 will be on the ships until at least 2022. 
I was just extremely excited because I won’t have to wait for my soft serve ice as long as I’m accustomed to.  

I am excited because there shouldn't be 92 kids in one hot tub!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I was on the Jade last month. It was weird when we saw kids (12+ only), but because the kids clubs weren't open, I actually find it more annoying. Not that they were a problem, just they seemed so out of place that it annoyed me.

Nice thing was ping pong tables were almost always available. Sports Court was almost always empty, but it closed at 5 so we never actually used it.

Between the lack of kids and the lowered capacity, pools & hot tubs were almost never crowded (though it was too damn hot for the hot tub).

1 hour ago, Nataly1982 said:

What other reasons pls? 

There was not a lot of on board entertainment during the day. It was a 15 day cruise with 8 sea days. Usually I love sea days but one can only learn to hula so many times. It was on a smaller ship but I was so bored. I don't plan on sailing Princess again.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, karmamule said:

One the main features that has us looking w/interest at Virgin Voyages is their 18+ restriction. But, we don't have anything booked w/them yet.

They have very basic destinations, last I checked.  I'm more interested in places like Greece, Italy, Spain, Antarctica, Ireland, etc.  I would be all over a Virgin Voyage if the destinations were more diverse

Our 13 yr old will be going with us in October. She is excited there won’t be kids under 12 on the ship. Also, Encore will be open for the teens, which will be good as well. I’m guessing there will only be a small handful of teens to the whole ship. However, she will be preoccupied with part of her day doing school work. Unless I can get her to do it all before during the weekend. Then again, I don’t want her getting bored. 

1 hour ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

I would be all over a Virgin Voyage if the destinations were more diverse

Only so much they can do with one ship in service (I guess maybe two now?).  They're just getting their feet wet (sorry), it will take time to get things organized in different places as they need to sort out provisioning and port space for anywhere they're home-porting and sailing to.

That said - I can't say it was ZERO 'children' but there were very few on my April 2019 cruise.  It was refreshing...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, savannahcouple said:

Lots of young teens running around the ship in packs,,, including kids as young as 12 ( ot younger if the are vaccinated).