Problems After downloading Latest Ocean Medallion Update on 8/25/21?

Shelly97060

My MedallionClass app was working fine up until  I downloaded the latest update to the MedallionClass app yesterday.  Now I cannot get past the password entry screen.  I am not sure if it’s a server issue or a programming issue with the latest update .  Today is 8/26/21 - is anyone else having trouble logging in to MedallionClass today?  

Thank you, 

shelly 

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Like 1

• Shelly97060 changed the title to Problems After downloading Latest Ocean Medallion Update on 8/25/21?
1 minute ago, CineGraphic said:

I can't sign in either...app updated last night.

Thanks for letting me know, this is helpful information, so I know it’s not just me. My update was last night too...Hopefully  a fix is in the works.

I’m having trouble also.  Early evening last night it was fine.  Today is Aug. 26 .  I’m getting they are have problems with the server, try again later .

What else is new . iPhone & iPad.  It’s making me sign in. Did not have to before today. 

• Like 1

it signed me off, had trouble to sign in with email/password, was able to get in with booking number, got to travel checklist, clicked on arrival group, screen became white and app got frozen. re-start the phone, unable to sign in (Samsung)

1 minute ago, manunia said:

it signed me off, had trouble to sign in with email/password, was able to get in with booking number, got to travel checklist, clicked on arrival group, screen became white and app got frozen. re-start the phone, unable to sign in (Samsung)

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate knowing the  issue is broader than just me. Hopefully they will figure it out soon.

I just called 1-844-5250942 .After waiting 37 minutes, was told they  are having a problem & things are down right now .  I told them why don’t they post this & that I find out more from CC than them .  
     I also told her that thousands are checking their boarding, even when they are all set & in the Green Lane. If it was not for that not that many people would even be concerned, know or care.  
       She said, her note says , “check back later, so it should be fixed soon.”

Yeah right!!!!!!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:
16 minutes ago, Ronnieslady said:

I just called 1-844-5250942 .After waiting 37 minutes, was told they  are having a problem & things are down right now .  I told them why don’t they post this & that I find out more from CC than them .  
     I also told her that thousands are checking their boarding, even when they are all set & in the Green Lane. If it was not for that not that many people would even be concerned, know or care.  
       She said, her note says , “check back later, so it should be fixed soon.”

Yeah right!!!!!!

i did the same thing, talked to very nice lady (after a loooong waiting), she said the same about app problems, but she was more down to earth when she recommended to check it tomorrow

• Like 1

I just logged in an everything is working again.  thanks to all who responded! 

it’s a good thing many of us have the drink package on our upcoming cruises because this app is going to drive us all to drink! 😂

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Haha 6

It's working for me, but it still won't let me enter my travel info. Apparently my husband is flying and I'm just going to wiggle my nose and "poof" I'll be in Seattle - lol. The info is in the cruise personalizer, so I'm not too worried about it. 

3 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Same here, the app is going CRAZY!  Oh well, I'll give it a few days and hopefully they will correct the issues.

Isn't that what they did last night?  One of my coworkers before I retired joked, "If it ain't broke, I haven't worked on it yet".  With these guys, it isn't a joke, it is a way of life.  I'm a retired elevator mechanic.  Aren't you glad that these guys don't work on elevators?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

6 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

I just logged in an everything is working again.  thanks to all who responded! 

it’s a good thing many of us have the drink package on our upcoming cruises because this app is going to drive us all to drink! 😂

Maybe Princess needs to offer a pre-cruise drink package for those who use the app pre-cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

This app and the support for it is tragic, I’m due to go mid September on Sky and for me it’s unusable on Android and the iPad and I’ve been fed the same diatribe as everyone else. Delete the app and try again or leave it a few days and check to see if it then works. Been doing this for the last two months. The only thing consistent is it’s performs similarly on both of my devices which’s to me points to some form of data corruption on their servers, which they obviously don’t seem to be able to fix, probably because they’d bring the whole network down if they do! However the biggest frustration is the lack of information from the technical team. Your contact is with a member of the front office, who tell you to try the same thing over and over again. I’ve even tried emailing the Oceans tech team direct as well with no real joy, although they have said they sorting problems as your cruise gets closer, but so far I see no evidence of this, nor am I receiving any updates to the problems affecting my account. Someone at Princess should just issue a statement admitting they have a problem and they can’t fix it for many in the short term and will advise when it’s finally functioning and roll back in the meantime to the earlier way of inputting your data, via the web browser. I’d then be happy to live a peaceful life…

Edited by Zippy99
  • Like 5

I'm sailing tomorrow. App a busted flush still. QR code states blue lane, document information green.  The health questionnaire is still unavailable. 8 hours on telephone over past 72 hours gets me nowhere. One line email offered to state no need to fill in health questionnaire before travel is the only thing I've gotten from Princess.  We are two bookings travelling in one car yet have two different times to arrive 2 hours apart. Its fine they say....

On top of that the last rep on telephone assured me I'd already completed the health questionnaire according to her screen, I haven't ever been able to access it! My husband is shown as a Ruby club member, neither he or I have ever been near a Princess ship before and based on this fiasco are very unlikely to do so again.  Quite simply a detestable company to deal with I'm afraid.

I feel your pain. If it doesn't work and they unable to fix it, they should just say so and not have everyone chase there owns tails. Obviously the front office staff are just given a script, so I don't blame them for this farce, but do blame the  management responsible for the implementation of the Medallion App rollout and those that are  responsible for the Tech teams developing it and probably the migration of the data on their servers. They all need to take a project management, Information Technology and customer relations course! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Mine has updated itself and is still working. I'll count myself lucky and try not to annoy the app.

Good.  I'm glad it works for you!

And, I'm sorry others keep having problems.

Unfortunately, there seem to be some lucky few posters here for whom the app works,

and act like anyone who is having a problem is an idiot.

The only saving grace is when it is their turn for a problem!  🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

Unfortunately, there seem to be some lucky few posters here for whom the app works,

and act like anyone who is having a problem is an idiot.

The only saving grace is when it is their turn for a problem!  🙂

I've seen that too, and I hope I've never come across as thinking that. I don't think that at all. I've had my own problems with it from time to time, and as I said, I'm counting myself lucky that it's still working for me after the update. 😀

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I'm sailing tomorrow. App a busted flush still. QR code states blue lane, document information green.  The health questionnaire is still unavailable. 8 hours on telephone over past 72 hours gets me nowhere. One line email offered to state no need to fill in health questionnaire before travel is the only thing I've gotten from Princess.  We are two bookings travelling in one car yet have two different times to arrive 2 hours apart. Its fine they say....

On top of that the last rep on telephone assured me I'd already completed the health questionnaire according to her screen, I haven't ever been able to access it! My husband is shown as a Ruby club member, neither he or I have ever been near a Princess ship before and based on this fiasco are very unlikely to do so again.  Quite simply a detestable company to deal with I'm afraid.

I'm sorry you're taking your first Princess cruise during this debacle. I can certainly understand why you wouldn't want to sail with Princess again. All I can say is that, over the years, Princess has been great for us. 

• Like 1