Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

2 hours ago, adamnoone said:

Well this is odd. This morning my HC-Aft Haven upgrade now shows "Unable to Upgrade" but my offer for an H5-2 BR Haven Lrg Balcony is "Processing".

Has anyone had this happen before?

This literally just happened to me too, for the Bliss Jan 21st sailing. Was confident I got the Spa Balcony (said processing) and then it said Unable to Upgrade and now all are back to pending.

I've been nagging my husband to put in a bid for a Haven for our upcoming cruise. FINALLY today he did...now I'm crossing my fingers it's accepted. This will most likely be our last cruise as a "family" since my youngest will be off to college next year and with all the unknowns on board I said "just do it. We should take advantage while the offers are low". 

Now I'm bouncing from foot to foot waiting to hear...🙏🏻

1 hour ago, crystlvylt1 said:

This literally just happened to me too, for the Bliss Jan 21st sailing. Was confident I got the Spa Balcony (said processing) and then it said Unable to Upgrade and now all are back to pending.

I got confirmation today that I won the 2BR Family Villa. I was hoping for the Aft, which was processing yesterday, but I'll take it!

• Like 3

We're booked on Breakaway for January 30. This is only my second cruise on NCL and The Haven and bidding for upgrades didn't exist several years ago when I last sailed NCL. We are in an aft facing balcony next door to room 9916 which is The Haven Aft Facing Penthouse.  9916 is available as of right now.  I have the ability to bid for an upgrade on it.  When does the upgrade bidding end?  I want to check closer to when we leave to see if the minimum bid decreases.

Edited by aimee0715
found answers to my original 2 questions

15 minutes ago, aimee0715 said:

We're booked on Breakaway for January 30. This is only my second cruise on NCL and The Haven and bidding for upgrades didn't exist several years ago when I last sailed NCL. We are in an aft facing balcony next door to room 9916 which is The Haven Aft Facing Penthouse.  9916 is available as of right now.  I have the ability to bid for an upgrade on it.  When does the upgrade bidding end?  I want to check closer to when we leave to see if the minimum bid decreases.

It usually ends anywhere from 14 to 2 days prior. Based off of what's been happening lately, I'd say the 24th for you

• Like 1

I just booked 1/29 Getaway cruise last week. Received offer to upgrade next day and three hours later got the email that I won upgrade on 2 bedroom Haven. That was really fast. Now hoping that one isn’t canceled. There were 20 Haven rooms available that morning and there were 5 Haven cabins left that afternoon so looks like they did the upgrades pretty early on this one.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mmgibbs7 said:

I just booked 1/29 Getaway cruise last week. Received offer to upgrade next day and three hours later got the email that I won upgrade on 2 bedroom Haven. That was really fast. Now hoping that one isn’t canceled. There were 20 Haven rooms available that morning and there were 5 Haven cabins left that afternoon so looks like they did the upgrades pretty early on this one.

congrats

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mmgibbs7 said:

Do you. I don’t me asking where you pitched your bid? Thanks

It's Monday, so a helpful reminder to all that are getting their upgrades....

If you don't mind please put the ship, date,  cabin you are upgrading from, upgrade you got, price PP you bid, and where it fell on the meter.

Thanks all!!

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, n4w said:

do the upgrade minimum bids change?

Yes. About 3 weeks before my Jan 16 Breakaway cruise (since cancelled 😢) I was checking the rooms offered for bidding (email received 55 days out) and noticed 3-4 rooms were “on sale” and minimum bids were lowered to half. Max bid remained the same. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, n4w said:

do the upgrade minimum bids change?

Yes they do!  I was surprised to see a new email come through last week for a few categories that were lowered (“sale”) on our upcoming February Joy cruise. They were for a limited time as well. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2022 at 11:23 AM, TNcruising02 said:

I guess I typed too soon!  We won an upgrade from a regular balcony cabin to a haven courtyard penthouse with balcony  with a bid slightly above minimum. ($610 per person)  Our cabin is on deck 18, which is the same deck our friends are on.  So yay!

We just received a upgrade as well on escape 1/29 sailing. Also deck 18. Enjoy

Scheduled to sail on 1/29/22 Dawn from Tampa.  We got our upgrade bid accepted this morning, so that's (9) nine days out for anyone wondering about time frame of bid notifications.  We went from OV to club suite using a "good" bid on the meter.  Probably would have got it for much less but on reflection, wanted the open air.  Still very happy.  Dawn will resume sailing on this cruise after several weeks off, so it looks like a good possibility hopefully.  Prospects are improving for cruising.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Moby Dick said:

Scheduled to sail on 1/29/22 Dawn from Tampa.  We got our upgrade bid accepted this morning, so that's (9) nine days out for anyone wondering about time frame of bid notifications.  We went from OV to club suite using a "good" bid on the meter.  Probably would have got it for much less but on reflection, wanted the open air.  Still very happy.  Dawn will resume sailing on this cruise after several weeks off, so it looks like a good possibility hopefully.  Prospects are improving for cruising.  

Congrats! Have fun safe cruise

21 minutes ago, Moby Dick said:

We are scheduled to leave from Tampa on February 9th on the Dawn. We are bidding on a club balcony suite from an OV as well. Just curious what your “good” bid was? Thank you!

28 minutes ago, ragdoll39 said:

Just received an upgrade on the February 29th sailing of the Norwegian Gem from an aft facing club balcony suite to a forward-facing penthouse! Minimum upgrade bid was 450, bid 600. 39 days out. I'm so excited! 😃

Congratulations! I think that's the farthest out I've heard of a upgrade offer being accepted