Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

On 8/26/2022 at 10:10 AM, Daddywrbucks said:

Really no more stressful (or cheezy) than bidding with the traditional method.  You're still bidding on an upgrade , but only if you want to and you can cancel the bid anytime you wish. If you get it, Great!  And if not, that's Great too!  You still have a room to travel in and you're still going on a beautiful vacation either way.

I'd rather bid once and be done vs. competing and watching the bids. No thanks.

• Like 1

I have bids placed on our first NCL cruise in November on the Epic. Prices have dropped, so I called today (well after final payment). I now could get a guaranteed balcony for close to the the inside fare I paid in June, and I’d be willing to pay a bit more to choose my cabin. The representative put in a request with the “resolution team” who will email me directly; she said that is a necessary step before purchasing an upgrade. I don’t know how long that will take. I am curious to see if they approve it, if I will be able to choose my cabin, and whether I still will be able to bid on another, possibly better, upgrade if I secure this upgrade. I’ll keep you posted how it works out.

Edited by DebA2

Update: I called NCL again because I did not hear back about my request to pay for an upgrade at the new, lower price without penalty. The rep did not see a record of my call yesterday. This time, she placed me on hold while she reached out to the “RD” and I was able to get the upgrade and choose my cabin over the phone.  I canceled my bid for this specific, secured upgrade (which was about the same as I ended up paying). My upgrade offers have not (yet) changed to reflect my new cabin category, but I’ll watch over the next week or so. I lowered my existing bids for club and spa categories so that if they are accepted, the total would still be a great deal.

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2022 at 7:34 PM, UKstages said:

it's been said many times, many ways, but NCL reserves the right to choose whatever bid it likes. as far as i know, it does not have to be the highest bid.

sometimes, the deciding factor may in fact be the room you're vacating, not the one you're moving up to.

if they can upgrade somebody to the room you're vacating, that kills two cabins with one stone. they get the upgrade revenue from you, plus upgrade revenue from putting somebody else in your cabin. this is why category upgrades from already desirable rooms are more likely to succeed, in my opinion.

nobody knows for sure how this works.

NCL reserves all rights. and they can do whatever the heck they want. and usually do.

BINGO!

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 7:53 AM, rbxlady said:

they took the $686 I paid toward Free at Sea Plus and applied that to the upgrade, thus removing FASUP from my reservation

Good reminder for everyone! I think this happens often and I'd hate to think people are getting on their cruises before realizing it and then it's possibly too late to add back in. It happened to us a few months ago, but fortunately I noticed it a week or two before our cruise and had to do the same as you to add it back in.

• Thanks 1

On 8/27/2022 at 11:08 AM, wolft927 said:

Give it a few days, I paid to upgrade from balcony to courtyard haven, my bids still showed me in balcony for about 3 or 4 days, then showed me in courtyard and only cabins I could upgrade to was the owners suites and 2 bedroom haven. Minimum bids also went down substantially for the owners and 2 bedroom. 

You must have said the magic words because this morning, I checked my upgrade page, and it has updated my cabin assignment. It only took 13 days 😆

It is now only allowing me to bid on two cabins (from 2BR Haven suite), the DOS and the DOS with large balcony. Minimum bid is $750 on the former and $800 on the latter. IIRC it was $1500 and $1600, respectively, from club balcony w/large balcony.

I won't be bidding because with two kids the 2BR is preferable but am glad to see that it did finally update!

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 12:17 AM, CaliMom05 said:

Yes I did a mock booking and cruise price would have been over twice what we paid so the bidding process would have been the less expensive option.  But calling in and getting this fantastic deal made our day!

Congrats!  By any chance, are you booked with a Travel Agent or solo?  I'm tempted to try this, but not sure if they'll direct me to my TA instead.

We bid on suites for the 9/4 star cruise.  All my bids say expired except for the family suite which says pending.  I am unable change the status so i’m hoping it means we won. Our cc hasn’t been charged yet.  My ncl still shows original cabin.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 12:00 PM, cruiseny4life said:

Whoa! I've gotta go take a look at this...let me guess, by suite this means Club Balcony, not Haven. 😞

4 minutes ago, ronheg said:

We bid on suites for the 9/4 star cruise.  All my bids say expired except for the family suite which says pending.  I am unable change the status so i’m hoping it means we won. Our cc hasn’t been charged yet.  My ncl still shows original cabin.

You are Golden!!!!!!! give it an our or so and you will then say processing and then your cabin will change! Congrats!!!!!!

2 hours ago, ronheg said:

Pending just means that your bid is still active.  Processing means you won.

1 hour ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Pending just means that your bid is still active.  Processing means you won.

Not true, when all your bids go to expired and one stays pending you have won just hasn’t processed yet. I have multiple time and this is exactly what happens 

I have an inside cabin for my TA on the Dawn in November. Interesting that the minimum bid for Club Balcony Suite just dropped from 250 to 225. Keeping an eye on it, hopefully it'll go lower! (Traveling solo, so have to pay double that amount for myself.)

4 hours ago, wolft927 said:

Not true, when all your bids go to expired and one stays pending you have won just hasn’t processed yet. I have multiple time and this is exactly what happens 

Once it goes to processing it is 100% official.  Until then not.

I’m new to NCL so I have some questions about the bidding process.

1. Does NCL contact you or do you go online?  

2. How soon before the cruise can you bid?

3. I understand that once you bid you can change it at any time. How does this work?

4. Do you have a choice as to which stateroom or location?

Any helpful tips appreciated!

Tom😀

(1)ncl contacts you. if you are eligible, when you log on, it will say "lets get  you upgraded"

(2) you can bid as soon as you get the message above. i dont think  there is any specific time prior to sailing

(3) same way, you can check  your bids once they are made by once  again clicking on lets get you  upgraded, and it will show you check you bid. just follow the prompts, to raise your bid, bid on a different cabin, or cancel if you wish. 

(4) only choice you have is to bid on whatever is offered. no choice as to actual cabin. we're leaving on the ncl star sept 9th we're in the 2bedroom suite, and the only choice offered me was the garden villa. also remember, the following, once your bid is accepted, you cant back out and whatever you bid gets multiplied by 2. the minimum bid (poor) for the garden villa was $1850 or $3700, at that was at the low end of poor.

hope this helps