Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

1 hour ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

If your bids were cancelled which probably happened when you got the free upgrade to inside just submit another bid, remember the bidding program is run by a third party upgrade advantage not ncl good luck

I just rebid & now it shows. Thanks for your help. 

Tom😀👏👍

• Like 2

We did in September, but it was right before they started opening to unvaccinated cruisers.  I think our ship was still running at partial capacity, so we went from an inside to a balcony for I think $120 per person.  It was really nice and affordable.  I am hearing now that they are ramping up capacity with unvaccinated guests, things are starting to sell out, so it's not that you wouldn't have gotten one, but there's a chance those rooms are just sold out.

• 2 weeks later...

We have 5 passengers with an upcoming cruise on the Joy.  We're in an O5 room and reading through this thread I see that there is a 2 category max on upgrade bids.  I don't believe there are any balcony or mini suite rooms that fit 5 in the Joy-- does this mean I won't have an opportunity to bid on other rooms that would fit us like an SP (Inside Family Suite) or Haven?  If so, that's a little disappointing.

57 minutes ago, ShadowRegent said:

We have 5 passengers with an upcoming cruise on the Joy.  We're in an O5 room and reading through this thread I see that there is a 2 category max on upgrade bids.  I don't believe there are any balcony or mini suite rooms that fit 5 in the Joy-- does this mean I won't have an opportunity to bid on other rooms that would fit us like an SP (Inside Family Suite) or Haven?  If so, that's a little disappointing.

You are correct.

I'm cruising Jan 14th on Escape and everything is still pending for me... and the same goes for much of my shipmates, per the many posts about it. Not even that many balconies have been processed yet... only a select few who have said they've been notified. 

Edited by romalley99
  • Like 1

@preston If you go back a few posts within this thread ... Getaway sailings in the latter part of next January upgraded "some" balconies & higher about 3 weeks ago (borderline fair/poor bids).   It is impossible to generalized with your non-specific questions (ships, itinerary/dates, and cabin categories, etc.)  Oceanviews were sold out within the past few days, Insides are still available.  

@ShadowRegent Joy has 30' something Family Insides Suites with 2 bedrooms that comfortably sleep 5 to 6, has 2 baths and a nice living room - 3 TV's  ... spacious & roomy, nothing fancy but square footage-wise, superior than many Haven suites.  You should be able to bid on those "SP" category cabins - unless they are all sold out.  When we're sailing her in May and September, they're available with "discounted" 50% off bid minimums.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DeniseGlecklerDicks said:

Is it unusual to be able to bid approximately 4 months before sailing?  We don't cruise until the end of April.  My husband and I chose an inside stateroom.  The bid options for us are OV and Balcony.  

While I am new to actually going through the upgrade process myself.... we were also able to put in a bid for a cruise approximately 4 months from now ( Prima April 30th) So my assumption would be that upgrade emails go out to some people shortly after final payment. 

I wouldn't think or expect to hear anything about the bid though until shortly before sailing. Wondering if anyone has had an experience where a bid was accepted more than a month or two before sailing?

Edited by Red-Sol

53 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Pretty sure outside would allow you to go to Club Balcony Level and Spa Balcony. Not sure Haven

Hi.

If I'm in a balcony, would I get to bid on Haven?
I've only ever booked Haven and this is the first year we have booked Balcony with Vibe, although

my dh and I keep trying to control ourselves and not just book Haven.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, js said:

Hi.

I've only ever booked Haven and this is the first year we have booked Balcony with Vibe, although

Thank you.

Yes, you can bid from Balcony to Haven. I've done it and won in the past.

3 minutes ago, js said:

Thank you so much and congrats!

I would be THRILLED!

Its wasnt cheap, but much less than booking Haven outright. Went from an aft balcony to a 2 bedroom suite w/ large balcony on Encore last year.

Edited by adamnoone

1 hour ago, js said:

Hi.

Thank you.

Yes but bidding has been crazy.

Last October on Encore our bidding went live 😮.

That was not cheap. 18 Haven's in 5 categories went for over $7500 a person. How do I know?  I bid that an I was eventually outbid. I did win a spa Haven at $4215 each. (21 night repo cruise)