Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

22 hours ago, CruiseAF said:

Anything is possible, but I doubt someone would cancel this close, unless it was same day because of a missed flight (which happens quite a bit) 

if this happens, obviously, you wouldn’t be able to book it online you would have to rely on the bid system, so push that last minute bid up high and you may get lucky. 

I'm on the escape this coming Saturday so if that’s the cruise your on, hope to see you in the Haven with us 😉

It happens on occasion. People cancel due to illness or emergencies. 

On 3/2/2023 at 8:26 AM, mscdivina2016 said:

Did the Spirit last October for the Alaska to Hawaii segment. 16 days.

Ship was full, there are only 18 suites I think. Chances of getting one of them , near zero as it's a long Cruise.

They lowered the price till it was a joke to fill the ship. We had a Balcony using points for $1210 total for two of us if my memory is correct.

We did get to bid but it was in case someone cancels. We bid max on everything we could to no avail.

We are on the Spirit this year in August for 16 days, still before final payment, and our cruise has already gone down 1100 dollars in price. We may or may not bid for the Courtyard suites, those prices right now are over the top.

49 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

Not all ships were called the Haven I believe that started with the Epic but for smaller ships it was the Courtyard and courtyard suites. 

Could you mean Penthouse Suites?  I am looking at the Spirit and see nothing called courtyard suite.

18 minutes ago, itsnotjustme said:

Could you mean Penthouse Suites?  I am looking at the Spirit and see nothing called courtyard suite.

No, again the haven in older smaller ships used to be called the Courtyard therefore the suites were in the Courtyard area. The name the Haven came later.

19 hours ago, KonkyWonky said:

We're on Jade March 21st (same itinerary).

Is your sailing full? What did you upgrade from/to?

Enjoy your cruise!

The NCL Rep means its allmost full. We did 150€ pP from inside to balcony 

On 3/3/2023 at 9:50 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

Your issue would be final.payment and penalty.

You are bidding on your own booking, not multiple ones.

Well, I wouldn't cancel any of the bookings since my bid would only include 3 ppl.  I've read where others can sleep in your cabin even if they aren't assigned to it.  If that was not the case, I'm sure there would be many "infractions" going on!🤣

I decided against bidding anyway.  I found another cruise that I'd much prefer to spend my money on, so I'll just cruise twice this year instead!

We are in a balcony suite (lowest "suite" category) on the repositioning Getaway leaving June 3. My agent reports that just a single Haven (category HF) suite is unsold. This being the case, it would seem my chances of getting any kind of Haven bid accepted is near zero - dependent upon cancellations. Is this a correct analysis? 

6 hours ago, CAL7 said:

We are in a balcony suite (lowest "suite" category) on the repositioning Getaway leaving June 3. My agent reports that just a single Haven (category HF) suite is unsold. This being the case, it would seem my chances of getting any kind of Haven bid accepted is near zero - dependent upon cancellations. Is this a correct analysis? 

No, if only one is left many will bid and it may go live.  It may go expensive until.someone.just pays it.

8 hours ago, CAL7 said:

I would ask the agent how much it would be to just upgrade and see if that number works for you. 

3 hours ago, js said:

I would ask the agent how much it would be to just upgrade and see if that number works for you. 

I did. It was about $2200/pp which is more than I paid for the suite I have.

Hi all, just a little bit of feedback following our cruise on Norwegian Star Feb 26 2023. Our low bid was eventually rejected (did not get the final email until after we set sail). Our friends whom had bid a lot more had their bid accepted pretty much straight away. All things being equal I was more than happy to save the money and very much enjoyed our picture window (perfect for spotting whales!). I hope this helps anyone thinking about where to pitch their bid 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Has anyone been involved in the "real time bidding" yet?  I just received and I'm currently the highest bidder, anyone have it experience on how long it lasts before they finalize?

I didn’t know there was such a thing as real time bidding. We’ve always made a bid, and had to wait about 7 to 2 days before the cruise to find out if we got it

1 minute ago, angere1 said:

I didn’t know there was such a thing as real time bidding. We’ve always made a bid, and had to wait about 7 to 2 days before the cruise to find out if we got it

It's something they started doing in 2022, though not all the time.  You receive an email saying you've been outbid with the chance to increase your bid.  I rebid incrementaly until I was the highest bidder, it has been showing that way since yesterday.  I'm just curious how long they'll leave open before the close and award to the highest bidder. My sailing leaves in a week.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

It's something they started doing in 2022, though not all the time.  You receive an email saying you've been outbid with the chance to increase your bid.  I rebid incrementaly until I was the highest bidder, it has been showing that way since yesterday.  I'm just curious how long they'll leave open before the close and award to the highest bidder. My sailing leaves in a week.

When does your cruise leave

2 hours ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Has anyone been involved in the "real time bidding" yet?  I just received and I'm currently the highest bidder, anyone have it experience on how long it lasts before they finalize?

Yes I was last October for a 21 night panama canal sailing on the Encore.

Brutal the last 2 weeks bidding for Haven's. I was awarded mine at 5 days out.

Was bidding on 7 Haven categories.

Some of the rooms $7500 per person was not enough.😮

31 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

30 March

Interested to see if or when you get notified. I have a DOS bid on my April 8th cruise, says sold out but hey why not, already in an aft facing haven so no big deal 

6 hours ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Did you also participate in the regular Upgrade Advantage (not real time bidding)?  I am wondering if they give both options, or just pick one option or the other per cruise. 

2 minutes ago, Thebigtone24 said:

Did you also participate in the regular Upgrade Advantage (not real time bidding)?  I am wondering if they give both options, or just pick one option or the other per cruise. 

It was upgrade advantage, I then received an email weeks later saying it was now real time bidding, said I’d been outbid showing the number of other bidders.

6 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

It was upgrade advantage, I then received an email weeks later saying it was now real time bidding, said I’d been outbid showing the number of other bidders.

Interesting. Maybe if they don’t like the numbers they are seeing from the regular process, they switch to real time to squeeze people harder. 

• Like 1