Price Drop Adjustment

jet228

Hey all,

Sorry if this is being talked about elsewhere but I couldn't find it.  As I understand it, RCL will honor price drops for your cruise.  My questions are two:

Is there somewhere to see the itemized list of what you paid for your cruise? All I got was a 'total paid' email from RCL, including taxes, port fees and gratuities.

If the price drops, what's the best way to get the difference back (I'm guessing it's an onboard credit).

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The only way is to call  - before final payment, would be an adjustment to money owed - after, it will be OBC.

Clarification on this -- it's based on Final Payment Due Date, not just if final payment has been made.

So if you pay in full before the Final Payment Due Date (so no money is owed) and there is a price drop before the Due Date, you get a refund to your method of payment.  

It's only given as OBC if it's actually after the official Final Payment Due Date

• Thanks 1

Fun fact, if you book with FCC and get a lower rate after final payment, you get it back as OBC per normal policy (rather than what I assumed they would do...give back more FCC)

We booked and since FCC couldnt be applied to taxes/fees, we ended up getting about $400 back, which unfortunately we know we will have to forefit. However, about 2 weeks later we found that our rate had dropped by $1400 and that was given to us as OBC which is so much more valuable to us than an unusable (to my family) FCC. It felt like a little loophole to use up most of our original FCC!

1 hour ago, Kjr5155 said:

Fun fact, if you book with FCC and get a lower rate after final payment, you get it back as OBC per normal policy (rather than what I assumed they would do...give back more FCC)

We booked and since FCC couldnt be applied to taxes/fees, we ended up getting about $400 back, which unfortunately we know we will have to forefit. However, about 2 weeks later we found that our rate had dropped by $1400 and that was given to us as OBC which is so much more valuable to us than an unusable (to my family) FCC. It felt like a little loophole to use up most of our original FCC!

Normally obc from the cruise line is no refundable meaning use it or lose it.