Hot Off the Presses...... Nov Dec sailings

groundloop

We are scheduled out of NOLA for Thanksgiving but I will be cancelling and moving all the money to our June '22 booking.  I tried to do this a few weeks ago but was told I had to wait for Nov protocols to be announced so now I get to play the listen to the loud music and ads while on hold forever game again! Ugh.  We are vaxxed, which I thought would make things easier, but there are so many hoops to jump through AND having to wear masks just make it a trip we don't want to make at this time.  I just PRAY '22 will be better!!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, groundloop said:

John Heald just announced the following start dates:

Valor - Nov 1st

Legend - Nov 14th

Pride - repositioning from Baltimore to Tampa Nov. 14th

Radiance - Dec. 13th

Conquest - Dec 13th

Sensation - January 2022

ALSO..... starting with cruises leaving Sept. 11th or later the Covid test must be done within 48 hours of cruising.

Don't freak people out.  Pride start date is Sep. 12.

10 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I wouldn't risk anything at this point if I had a cruise next week. I would make sure to document what is in writing, triple check it, and triple verify it. Then, I would still probably move the appt to 2-days prior instead of 3.

Agreed.  Sometimes John Heald mucks things up when he attempts to be redundant, which is too often.  He'll read the official Carnival text, then try to clarify or provide an example.  But he's about 50%!

13 hours ago, snowballs mom said:

Regarding testing - from their website:

Effective with sailings as of September 13, 2021, the CDC requires pre-cruise testing for vaccinated guests to be taken within two days prior to the sailing date. If the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken on Thursday and Friday, and as late as Saturday, if you are guaranteed to receive your results in time for check-in.

Not sure if anyone in here mentioned this yet but the two day testing rule is for all vaccinated guests. Since kids need a PCR test they can still get it done 3 days in advance so dont panic parents ❤️

• Like 2

On 9/2/2021 at 7:52 PM, stellarose said:

yeah I am trying to think who will be open for a rapid test on Christmas Eve. 

or Christmas day for that matter!

Basically, it leaves us with having to get tested just before embarkation in a city we're unfamiliar with.

I don't think this cruise is going to happen for us (Dec 26, 2021 - Jan 2, 2022).

On 9/2/2021 at 11:18 AM, groundloop said:

John Heald just announced the following start dates:

Valor - Nov 1st

Legend - Nov 14th

Pride - repositioning from Baltimore to Tampa Nov. 14th

Radiance - Dec. 13th

Conquest - Dec 13th

Sensation - January 2022

ALSO..... starting with cruises leaving Sept. 11th or later the Covid test must be done within 48 hours of cruising.

Umm  we are on cruise 9/12 covid test is 72 hours. New protocols start on 9/13. We received a call yesterday from carnival confirming this.

On 9/2/2021 at 12:25 PM, mrak said:

Somewhat related, I asked John Heald if ships will continue to sail at reduced capacity and got a non-answer. He said they are currently at ~70% but it is too soon to say for Nov/Dec. 

I think if they can fill up the Thanksgiving and Christmas cruises they will do so. There is no mandate to sail at reduced capacity and they are in this to save their business.