Hot Off the Presses...... Nov Dec sailings

groundloop

16 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I think you meant unvaccinated.

Vaxxed people only need the one test.  Unvaxxed are tested twice - one is a PCR test prior to arriving at pier, and then a quick-test at the pier (and again before debarking if > 4 day cruise), for the fee of $150.

They don't - see above.

Correct... forgive the typo. Unvaccinated are tested twice. Vaccinated only receive the 1 rapid (or PCR) test on the now shorter deadline. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

The two statements are made at different times.  If I want a test because I may have been exposed, but the test comes back negative, why not change my opinion that I have not been exposed?  I have new data, so I change my conclusion.

I understand your assertion, I would recommend against lying in general. Even if there is legal wiggle room. 😉

1 hour ago, edgeman61 said:

So.......

DW and I have a cruise that departs on Sunday December 26, based on the new 48 hr (2 day) guidance, we would have to get tested on Dec 24th (Christmas Eve)?

I'm about ready to call B.S. on all of this and kick the can down the road (move my cruise to next year sometime).

I had allot of optimism earlier in the summer that things would be getting back to normal soon... guess not.

which is why they are looking into setting up on site testing for people in this sort of situtation that cannot get an appt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brkintx said:

And if you're planning on submitting it to your insurance... You might take a look at the coverage before doing so. I am unaware of any insurance company that covers tests that are not medically necessary. Many (mine included) specifically call out 'return to work' and 'for travel' as not medically necessary (and provide no coverage). 

I am curious if ours will be covered.  They have been covered so far.  My boys had to be tested before some summer camps.  

Just now, farler05 said:

I am curious if ours will be covered.  They have been covered so far.  My boys had to be tested before some summer camps.  

Some are covering the tests regardless of reason. Check with your plan is my best advice. (Mine aren't, but my travel partner for the next cruise checked and her insurance covers them no matter what.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kdr69 said:

Guess im losing money on my disneyland tickets which are non refundable as well as the 500 OBC I had with this booking offer (best offer i can get now is only 200 dollars OBC).  Flights cancelled, Hotels cancelled, Cheers and excursions refunds to wait for.  Held out hope but after it dropped to 67 days with ship still in Cadiz and no word about sailing i kinda was resigned to the fact it wouldnt happen.  Just sucks to lose money on this. Whelp off to check out what sailing i can move to now that might not get cancelled.

You could spend some time on the coast in California. It's really pretty.

• Thanks 1

I am grateful that John Heald gives us information so quickly. I saw his post 35 minutes after he wrote it re: Nov/Dec updated sailings.  I promptly went to my booking for the Conquest on Dec 6, 2021 and it showed no changes.  However, I am not one to wait, so I called CCL.  The rep (who answered phone within 15 minutes!) didn't even know about the changes.  However, she was able to move us to Dec 13 sailing with no penalty, which is now the inaugural sailing for the Conquest's return to service.  We have all the same amenities, a better stateroom (but same category), and our fare was actually lower.  Feeling confident that this cruise will sail, our ship will be ultra-clean (after all...first sailing), and we will have a wonderful vacation.  These are trying travel times for everyone, but there is light at the end of every tunnel.  Good sailing!

1 hour ago, Brkintx said:

And... it goes without saying that selecting "I have a possible exposure" on the claim form to make it medically necessary, whilst also clicking 'I have not had an exposure' to travel is about the easiest insurance fraud case ever to prosecute...  (The tests are cheap in the context of a vacation... just plan on paying for them IMO.)

This is why I love covid symptoms being so vague. Between headache, muscle soreness, and fatigue, my body always has at least one. If it doesn't, I just thump myself in the head and all the sudden my head is aching. No reason to lie! You have one symptom, you're covered.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stellarose said:

48 hours? so if we fly on a Saturday am and sail out sunday- we must must have a test Friday only????? oh its Christmas too.

We sail the Sunday after Thanksgiving and are going to have the same kind of issue. We are going to have to get tested on Black Friday, we fly Saturday and sail Sunday.  🤞🤞🤞

• Like 2

Well, well, well....

I was going to loose my mind with worry over trying to get tested/and results on 12/23 for my 12/26

cruise from Miami... but now lets take away a day and make it Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Wonder if my FTTF will help us be first to get tested at the pier or if nothing else first the have a breakdown?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Received our e-mails re: the 2 day testing for vaxxed earlier today.  At least CCL is allowing lift and shift if you contact your PVP or TA w/in 2 weeks of receiving the email.  Good luck to all regardless of what you decide to do!  This new protocol is certainly NOT making things easier, but I guess CCL is doing what they feel they need to do.  And if this is our only problem right now then we are all SO BLESSED!  Happy cruising! 🤗

4 hours ago, DGP1111 said:

Within the chat by J Heald, or any official CCL press release today, is there any specific mention of either cancellations or return-to-service for Carnival Elation??  Those are [seemingly] still being sold for later this year.  

Elation was already scheduled to return in October.  These are the (new) Nov/Dec sailings - if a ship already planned to sail before then, then nothing has changed unless specifically noted.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

It specified two days, not 48 hrs.  And they gave the example of if your cruise leaves on a Saturday, you can get tested any time on Thurs or Fri (or even Sat).

going to be fun finding a test place open on thanksgiving  and with us flying in on Friday wipes that day out too pretty much too. this could be a deal breaker for us.

I just got the e-mail. We drive 10 hours to Galveston. Always a day or two early in case of travel issues.

We had the 3 day testing figured out, now this 2 day mess. I can just imagine someone at CDC saying " Hold my beer and watch this". Now everyone in the room is laughing, 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, edgeman61 said:

So.......

DW and I have a cruise that departs on Sunday December 26, based on the new 48 hr (2 day) guidance, we would have to get tested on Dec 24th (Christmas Eve)?

I'm about ready to call B.S. on all of this and kick the can down the road (move my cruise to next year sometime).

I had allot of optimism earlier in the summer that things would be getting back to normal soon... guess not.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall at the CDC.......why on earth are they so over reactive to cruisers

• Like 1

My DH and I have booked two cabins for Magic Dec 26. He, I, and our 6 yo granddaughter will be in one room. Her parents in the other. All adults vaxed.

‘But the guidelines indicate there will be a limit in the number of unvaxed, including kids under 12, Unfortunately, we won’t know if our granddaughter will make the cut until after our final payment due date. 
How are any adults with under 12 kids supposed to be able to finalize this cruise?

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Elation was already scheduled to return in October.  These are the (new) Nov/Dec sailings - if a ship already planned to sail before then, then nothing has changed unless specifically noted.

Aha, that does make perfect sense.  Thanks. I guess when I noted the 'specifically noted' October details concerning Conquest and Sensation, I anticipated something said about Elation . . . but they truly didn't need to, as you described.  That Duh falls squarely on me.  Thanks, again! 🙂

Edited by DGP1111