GREAT NEWS IF YOU ARE FLYING INTO MIAMI & NEED A COVID TEST !

Shippy

I just spoke to a lady at the clinic in Miami airport.

There are 2 clinics. One is for departures & one for arrivals.

The one we need is for arrivals. They are actually located in the baggage claim area so you can just get your luggage & head over there. They

do NOT take appointments & are open 24 hrs. She said she was confident that even without an appointment, we could probably be out of there WITH OUR RESULTS in about 1 hour.

They offer several tests. The one I asked about was the rapid Antigen.    $79.00

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for posting this info! I won't be flying - driving in, but good to know there is a backup to my backup plans. I hope someone will post their experience at this particular location. Testing before leaving home is not an option for everyone, including me.

Edited by NRWPA

1 hour ago, Lisichka said:

And then if you test positive you are stuck in a Miami hotel in quarantine for 10 days.

Better to test at home before you go.

That would be ideal but we are not able to do that. We were going to test at home on Wednesday.

Now they changed the rule to 2 days in advance instead of 3.

We leave at dawn Thursday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NRWPA said:

Thanks for posting this info! I won't be flying - driving in, but good to know there is a backup to my backup plans. I hope someone will post their experience at this particular location. Testing before leaving home is not an option for everyone, including me.

According to the Airport's website (https://news.miami-airport.com/covid-19-testing-available-daily-at-mia-starting-may-21/)

On-site COVID-19 testing at Miami International Airport is now available to passengers, employees and visitors at two convenient locations

If planning to get tested there but NOT arriving on an incoming flight, make sure you contact them first (305-869-1161) to see if you are eligible as a 'visitor.'  I know the testing site at the Fort Lauderdale airport requires proof [valid airline ticket, boarding pass, or confirmed (paid) flight itinerary] that you are an incoming or outgoing passenger.

2 minutes ago, capriccio said:

According to the Airport's website (https://news.miami-airport.com/covid-19-testing-available-daily-at-mia-starting-may-21/)

On-site COVID-19 testing at Miami International Airport is now available to passengers, employees and visitors at two convenient locations

If planning to get tested there but NOT arriving on an incoming flight, make sure you contact them first (305-869-1161) to see if you are eligible as a 'visitor.'  I know the testing site at the Fort Lauderdale airport requires proof [valid airline ticket, boarding pass, or confirmed (paid) flight itinerary] that you are an incoming or outgoing passenger.

Thanks for details on FLL.  From what I've seen they are not 24 hours for anyone coming in late the night before.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shippy said:

Same! Car service picks us up early on Thursday, we sail on Saturday. Had it all figured out when it was a 3-day test thing. Maybe good idea to still do the freebie test at Walgreens a day or so ahead of our flight on Thursday. 

Really good news about the testing at MIA though. Sounds like that's what we'll be doing. 

It would be great if they could still offer testing at the pier. What about people who get tested at Walgreens or CVS and their results are delayed?