Go Port

MalleyCat

We are waiting for a refund from a cancelled cruise in April 2020 from them. We’ve realized we’ll never get that money-even though they guaranteed we would. We’re looking to book something for our April 2022 cruise and hotel prices are sky high. We talked to Go Port and they said we could book with them and they would apply what they owe us. We swore we’d never do business with them, but we’re considering it. Has anyone used them since the restart? Are they actually running? 

I wouldn't have booked with them in the first place...I priced out their options for my 2020 cruise in 2019 and opted not to...so glad I did not. I would wait for my refund and if needed file with my credit card. JMHO

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

I wouldn't have booked with them in the first place...I priced out their options for my 2020 cruise in 2019 and opted not to...so glad I did not. I would wait for my refund and if needed file with my credit card. JMHO

We booked early because we’re over planners and it was Spring Break. The charges on the credit card were made 15 months before the cancellation-nothing they could do. Their prices weren’t that high at the time. we used them once before and didn’t have any problems. They’ve basically said now that they aren’t refunding. Rebook or lose it totally. 

4 hours ago, MalleyCat said:

We booked early because we’re over planners and it was Spring Break. The charges on the credit card were made 15 months before the cancellation-nothing they could do. Their prices weren’t that high at the time. we used them once before and didn’t have any problems. They’ve basically said now that they aren’t refunding. Rebook or lose it totally. 

Call your credit card company...You didn't get the services you paid for...don't take no for an answer...escalate this dispute with your cc company above the usual CSR....Not returning your deposit is fraud.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, MalleyCat said:

We swore we’d never do business with them, but we’re considering it.

Yours is not a world class thought.  As other posters have said, not refunding what you are owed is fraud/theft.  Escalate your situation with your credit card company and don't take "No" for an answer.  As a fellow Ohioan, I suggest that you might also seek the assistance of our State's Attorney General.  I am fairly sure that Mr. Yost has a Consumer Protection Section within his Office.  

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 7:22 PM, MalleyCat said:

We are waiting for a refund from a cancelled cruise in April 2020 from them. We’ve realized we’ll never get that money-even though they guaranteed we would. We’re looking to book something for our April 2022 cruise and hotel prices are sky high. We talked to Go Port and they said we could book with them and they would apply what they owe us. We swore we’d never do business with them, but we’re considering it. Has anyone used them since the restart? Are they actually running? 

The "restart" is EXTREMELY limited thus far. Not a great chance of a good set of responses. 

12 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

We are waiting for our refund from when we booked in 2019 for March 2020 cruise. They are thieves and the PoS owner acting all High and Mighty for publicity on YouTuber channels.

Sorry to hear...Have you tried to file with your credit card...I certainly would have by now !!!

This company is playing a dangerous game !!!