Labor Day Sale/ Yacht Club internet question

Adian80

I just booked the YC as part of the Labor Day Sale.  The YC comes with internet for 2 devices and the Labor Day sale includes the 2 device internet package.  There's 4 of us (2 adults 2 teens) in our room,  so will we each be able to have a device connected to the ships internet? Thank you so much for answering!

1 hour ago, Adian80 said:

I just booked the YC as part of the Labor Day Sale.  The YC comes with internet for 2 devices and the Labor Day sale includes the 2 device internet package.  There's 4 of us (2 adults 2 teens) in our room,  so will we each be able to have a device connected to the ships internet? Thank you so much for answering!

LOL, I think you just broke MSC.

My guess is 3 devices will work 🙂 

Seriously, I don't think anyone can answer that...and even if they did you'd have to wait until you got on the ship to see if you got the same result they did.

That being said, I would definitely talk to the concierge when you get to the YC and explain this to them - calmly and nicely. There is a good change they'll let you connect all 4 devices. I have found that is you talk to the people there - not "demand", just talk - you can pretty much get whatever you want.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Adian80 said:

There's 4 of us (2 adults 2 teens) in our room,  so will we each be able to have a device connected to the ships internet?

According to the terms, no....

• Yacht Club staterooms do not receive an additional Beverage package and/or Wi-Fi package as they are already included in the Yacht Club experience

55 minutes ago, alexkrn46 said:

I am on the YC right now, my husband and I both got 2 device access a piece, it was for surf no stream, Inpaid to upgrade to stream which was about $20.

Are you using the old 4GB plan which was standard in the Yacht Club or the newer "Browse Internet Cruise Package" which has unlimited data? 

Also, if anyone is booked and hasn't made final payment, it might be worth it to re-price your current cruise if the sale price is lower. I'm going to try to get my 5%+15% cruise lowered even further with today's sale. 🤞

13 hours ago, Adian80 said:

so will we each be able to have a device connected to the ships internet?

I'm less sure of MSC, but when Celebrity says your package includes Internet for two devices, they mean at the same time. It has to do with DHCP reservations .. if they say you get two devices, you really are getting two simultaneous IP reservations. But in theory you could use a hundred devices over the course of a week.

So my guess is that yes, you can use four devices, but it will be two at a time. I don't think the sale and YC benefits will stack.

7 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

• Yacht Club staterooms do not receive an additional Beverage package and/or Wi-Fi package as they are already included in the Yacht Club experience

Are you using the old 4GB plan which was standard in the Yacht Club or the newer "Browse Internet Cruise Package" which has unlimited data? 

Also, if anyone is booked and hasn't made final payment, it might be worth it to re-price your current cruise if the sale price is lower. I'm going to try to get my 5%+15% cruise lowered even further with today's sale. 🤞

Well shoot.  I guess I will have to preorder an extra 2 devices for them or will it be cheaper to do it onboard?  I'm guessing I will get them the streaming version.

10 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

I'm less sure of MSC, but when Celebrity says your package includes Internet for two devices, they mean at the same time. It has to do with DHCP reservations .. if they say you get two devices, you really are getting two simultaneous IP reservations. But in theory you could use a hundred devices over the course of a week.

So my guess is that yes, you can use four devices, but it will be two at a time. I don't think the sale and YC benefits will stack.

From what I've read the answer to this is no.  Whatever you login with the fist time the your device for the trip. From my understanding they upgraded the system and that ability changed.

2 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

I'm finding that the Labor Day sale prices are higher that they have been recently.. esp with the Free Balcony promo a few weeks ago.

You're right. It seems to depend on stateroom type. 

My booking is actually more expensive with this "sale". 

Oh, well. It was worth a shot. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2021 at 10:40 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

what 

Looks like MSC changed internet package in YC.  
When we booked it was Premium Internet 4 GB.

Labor Day Sale has 2 device Internet- Browse.

Hoping someone reports on cost to upgrade internet.
Labor Day sale is 2 devices for internet. 

1 hour ago, phissy said:

Looks like MSC changed internet package in YC.  
When we booked it was Premium Internet 4 GB.

Labor Day Sale has 2 device Internet- Browse.

Hoping someone reports on cost to upgrade internet.
Labor Day sale is 2 devices for internet. 

We had the two device browse.  I did look but don't think I have pictures of plans.  They had several options for browse and stream then by how many devices.  They had a one day stream that was in the upper $20 range.

• Like 1

...as to the number of devices, we were permitted two devices PER PERSON on the included "browse" internet.  Each passenger created an onboard internet account using the ID printed on their room card.  Each account was permitted to connect two devices. The system did say you would NOT be able to switch devices (and their was no way to manually de-register a device).  However, I noticed about every 48 hours our devices would de-register and we'd be asked to login again...we only ever used the same 4 devices, so I don't know if possibly when logging in again if you could switch the device.

Browse was sufficient for us so we didn't upgrade.  We had no problems with messaging, news and email apps.  Anything "streaming" related was completely blocked.

• Thanks 2