Family Traveling in Princess Grill AND Queens Grill

ClwtrBoi

Thinking of booking a two way transatlantic for next year and had a question about booking my family in both the Queens Grill and Princess Grill rooms. We prefer connecting rooms but there seen to be limited options. I've seen one Queens Grill suite that connect to a Princes Grill suite and was wondering how Cunard handles that? Do all 4 of us eat at the Princess Grill or do we have to split up into 2 different restaurants? My only other option is 2 adjoining but not connecting Queen Suites or Princess Suites. Any thought and advice are welcome. Thanks! 

Re your dining question;

I expect you would have to elect to dine in Princess Grill if you want to stay dining as a family.

A QG guest can always elect to dine in a lower category ( subject to space being available and arrangements being made via the Maitre'd)  However, I never known anyone being able to dine in higher category for a 'full length of their voyage'. 

I believe this may something you'll need to manage on the day with the senior Maitre'd.

5 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Re your dining question;

I expect you would have to elect to dine in Princess Grill if you want to stay dining as a family.

A QG guest can always elect to dine in a lower category ( subject to space being available and arrangements being made via the Maitre'd)  However, I never known anyone being able to dine in higher category for a 'full length of their voyage'. 

I believe this may something you'll need to manage on the day with the senior Maitre'd.

Thanks, this is what I imagined, was wondering if anyone had any experiences to see 8f maybe we could dine un Princess Grill every night except 1 or 2 night in Queens Grill. 

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Personally if it was me I would book 2 adjoining Princess cruise suites and save a lot of money.

I'm leaning towards this too, can't really see much difference except the priority disembarkation. Would save us about $6k each way.

Yes, I've done this quiet often, actually my friends and I,  (five of us between three PG Cabins - 2 couples and myself a solo)   did this  just the other week ( 13th August UK staycation cruise) 

Just need to remember,  keep the curtains closed when dressing for the evening 😅

Speak with the suite Steward who will arrange for crew maintenance to unlock the dividers.  

Just to pick up on your comment about priority disembarkation . Should you decide  to go ahead with a Mix of QG & PG there will be no problem arranging all the family to be in the 'same disembarkation lounge area'  ....... I've managed to arranged  this my self with friends or family members . 

2 hours ago, ClwtrBoi said:

Thanks, this is what I imagined, was wondering if anyone had any experiences to see 8f maybe we could dine un Princess Grill every night except 1 or 2 night in Queens Grill. 

I'm leaning towards this too, can't really see much difference except the priority disembarkation. Would save us about $6k each way.

QG cabins quite a lot larger, but PG ones on QM2 still very nice, more extensive menu with more opportunity for off-menu ordering, free booze and canapés in cabin, but the saving is very worthwhile.

Life would  be much simpler in two PG cabins. Either together and one very big balcony.  Or as said above one either side for permanent sun.

PG menu very very similiar to  QG,  slightly smaller a la carte , no off menu , but only a minute  sacrifice.  Rooms plenty  big enough. As to free drinks, for what you save can buy your own and have lots of money leftover. 

• 2 weeks later...

I know for sure (because we just this week went through this).  We wanted to book a specific cruise (only one that matched everyone's work/school schedules) for summer family reunion requiring 4 staterooms.  Not enough availability in Princess for all, so we thought we'd book 2 Princess and 2 Queens--and "dine down" to Princess Grills.  Nope.  Only option was to all  "dine down" to the Britannia Dining Room.  So ended up with 4 Queens Grills rooms.  And everyone will have a really good time.

3 hours ago, harpy3 said:

I know for sure (because we just this week went through this).  We wanted to book a specific cruise (only one that matched everyone's work/school schedules) for summer family reunion requiring 4 staterooms.  Not enough availability in Princess for all, so we thought we'd book 2 Princess and 2 Queens--and "dine down" to Princess Grills.  Nope.  Only option was to all  "dine down" to the Britannia Dining Room.  So ended up with 4 Queens Grills rooms.  And everyone will have a really good time.

We ended up booking 1 Princess Grill on the way out for 2 and two Queens Grills on the way back for 4 of us. That's simpler. However, I think the only 2 available adjoining suites do not connect via the balcony 😨 11128 and 11130 can anyone confirm this? 

On 9/17/2021 at 7:58 PM, ClwtrBoi said:

However, I think the only 2 available adjoining suites do not connect via the balcony 😨 11128 and 11130 can anyone confirm this? 

Not absolutely certain, but I think you're right. This certainly looks like a non-opening partition.