Trips for unvacvinated

Lovestotravel81

Hello I'm.wondering on people's thoughts on the under 12 ruling of not being able to go ashore unless in  trip. Having 2 young children and travelling to the caribbean and not being able to go to the beach would be upsetting for us all.  We are flying into Bridgetown in December I know things could change by then but msc seem to have given into upto 31st December for US epartures. Just wondering on others thoughts as its very hard to gain any information from msc. 

1 minute ago, Morgsmom said:

Ocean Cay is technically in the Bahamas and still subject to the Bahamian rules (which change quite frequently.)  

Have not found if it says they can't leave the ship if under 12.
I would assume they can since nothing says they can't but this is for the Bahamas 
still searching for Caribbean info

Children between the ages of 2 and 11 will be required to upload their negative Rapid Antigen Test or PCR test results.

I'm sure I have read that under 12's can get off in Ocean Cay as its a private island and they wouldn't come into contact with others not off the ship.  I am also interested in the rest of the Caribbean as I'm sure I did read that Barbados treat unvacvinated children as vaccinated providing both parents are vaccinated. 

I do not follow rules for under 12 since we are too old to have any direct interest. But, Ocean Cay may be called a private island, but it is not as private as one may expect. Most of the service staff on the island actually live there in what looks like apartments, and the people are Bahamians. The COVID rules for the Bahamas are the same at Ocean Cay as any of the other islands in the Bahamas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, codeyell0 said:

Children between the ages of 2 and 11 will be required to upload their negative Rapid Antigen Test or PCR test results.

Children under 12 must have negative Covid test results . Either , PCR or NAAT. 
Rapid Antigen Test not accepted for 2-11 year olds.

7 hours ago, Lovestotravel81 said:

Hello I'm.wondering on people's thoughts on the under 12 ruling of not being able to go ashore unless in  trip. Having 2 young children and travelling to the caribbean and not being able to go to the beach would be upsetting for us all.  We are flying into Bridgetown in December I know things could change by then but msc seem to have given into upto 31st December for US epartures. Just wondering on others thoughts as its very hard to gain any information from msc. 

If you are sailing out of Bridgetown Barbados does your cruise actually have a stop at O.C ?

Looking at my cruise which is in 2 weeks,

you can all go to the private island.

HOWEVER, for the other islands, it says you can all go ONLY on an MSC excursion. You cannot get off the boat by yourself or leave your MSC excursion. Unbelievably, it says if you do so, you will NOT be let back on the boat !.

Here is the catch....when I look at the MSC excursions for the other islands, some of them will not let ANYONE not vaccinated on them. So, your choice will be limited.

23 minutes ago, Shippy said:

Looking at my cruise which is in 2 weeks,

you can all go to the private island.

HOWEVER, for the other islands, it says you can all go ONLY on an MSC excursion. You cannot get off the boat by yourself or leave your MSC excursion. Unbelievably, it says if you do so, you will NOT be let back on the boat !.

Here is the catch....when I look at the MSC excursions for the other islands, some of them will not let ANYONE not vaccinated on them. So, your choice will be limited.

Thanks for this i was curious as to what trips would actually be avaliable and appropriate to take children on.

29 minutes ago, Lovestotravel81 said:

Possibly as I just said Caribbean and not specific islands.

Yes I know where we should be visiting I was just wondering in my question what other peoples thought were that are travelling with children under 12. 

Might be worth checking out the regulations for your port stops, could be there are no restrictions for the kids.

Yes I have had a quick look but doenst seem to be much info on cruises to some islands ive managed to find out for barbados so far. I suppose we will just have to wait until UK guest guidance is issued as msc seem to be sticking to from age 12 to be vaccinated even for UK guests in Europe. 

If it is a US cruise to the Bahamas and anyone is not vaccinated in your cabin your are required to book excursions through the cruise ship itself for a non-vaccinated excursion or "ALL Allowed". You can go to the private island with not restrictions. If you are vaccinated but a child in the cabin is not you are considered unvaccinated for the purposes of all excursions excluding the private island. 

Cheyshe:  That is what we have been told.  We are sailing on the Seashore Nov. 20-27 with our granddaughters age 2 & 4.  All the adults are vaccinated.  We understand the girls may not be able to get off the ship except on the private island.  I booked suites with a whirlpool tub on the balcony for the girls to "play in".  We had hoped the vaccine would be approved for the toddlers prior to Nov., but doesn't look like it.  Then, again, the rules can change.  They have already changed once since I booked the cruise.