Jewell refurb

Nextholiday?

The search feature is the best way to find posts/threads that you are interested in. While we aren't supposed to point out spelling errors, FWIW you are saying "Jewell" when it is actually "Jewel"...make sure you use the correct one in the search.

Another way to find posts is at the top of the page. There is a feature "Find Posts About" and then you select the ship from a dropdown.

As to the teenager question, it depends on the teenager and what they like and what they don't like. Without knowing what interests a particular teen, it is difficult to say whether or not they will be bored.

• Thanks 1

We were on a cruise on the Jewel in February 2020. It is a great ship. Part of the refurbishment included removal of the water slide, so that might be a factor in your teen activity question. 

In case you didn't know, NCL does offer a teen program for 13-17 year-olds.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nextholiday? said:

Hello

When the Jewell was refurbished just before COVID someone put some amazing photos/review of the ship 

can anyone help with the link please 

also would you say teenagers would get bored on the Jewell?

thank you 

Having sailed her several times, I would say teens would not like it. Its an old ship without the bells and whistles of the newer ships.

Like another poster stated, it also depends on the teens.  If I still had teens I would choose a newer mega ship instead.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shellbelle28 said:

We were on a cruise on the Jewel in February 2020. It is a great ship. Part of the refurbishment included removal of the water slide, so that might be a factor in your teen activity question. 

In case you didn't know, NCL does offer a teen program for 13-17 year-olds.

Just as well it was removed ... it was useless! It was a novelty when the Jewel class ships came out in 2006-8 but they were more suited for young kids (think playground plastic). After some years the surface got roughened up and they became much slower to slide down.

I never saw teens on those slides.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Just as well it was removed ... it was useless! It was a novelty when the Jewel class ships came out in 2006-8 but they were more suited for young kids (think playground plastic). After some years the surface got roughened up and they became much slower to slide down.

I never saw teens on those slides.

I agree. Very old slides on those ships, suitable for small kids imho, but no older. Although I have to say, we stayed aboard the ship once at GSC (I think it was the Gem), and had a lovely, quiet day around the pool. At some point, since there were no kids around, some of the adults decided to try out the slide. It was fun to watch. (I didn’t try, having already nearly gotten stuck on the Jade’s slide, which did not have enough water or incline to get me to the bottom. Fortunately, it was a grey, winter day in the Med, and no one was around to witness this.)  🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2