Just took my Binax AG Card test...SO EASY!!!

bajathree

7 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Quick question.................the new CDC guidance is taking the test 2 days before you embark...........you took the test today on Wednesday and the Odyssey sails on Saturday - isn't that 3 days? I'm trying to figure out the timeline for my 10/1 cruise which is on a Friday.

Thanks

Like mentioned above....the change doesn't take place till Sept 13. Your 10/1 sailing will require the 2 day rule....so earliest you can test would be the Wed prior to your Fri departure.

2 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Thank you Biker19 and bajathree....................looks like I have some rescheduling to do locally. I will buy the test kit as plan B.

I  originally bought the tests from eMed as back up but decided to cancel my PCR and did the Binax as my primary....there honestly wasn't any reason not to. 

Edited by bajathree

12 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I  originally bought the tests from eMed as back up but decided to cancel my PCR and did the Binax as my primary....there honestly wasn't any reason not to. 

We are "seniors" and MediCare covers our testing. Our CVS Minute Clinic does the testing but it is difficult to an appointment and just last week the Minute Clinic was closed down with no info on if or when it will reopen. I am not sure if MediCare will cover the at home tests.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

My cruise is on 10/1 which is a Friday - does taking a test on Tuesday September 28 qualify?

Thanks

I posted this on a couple of the other numerous threads, so I will post it here also for the newcomers. Simple and doesn’t require math.

Depart (cruise)   Test (no earlier than)

Fri                         Wed

Sat                        Thur

Sun                       Fri

Mon                      Sat

Tue                       Sun

Wed                      Mon

Thur                     Tue   

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I posted this on a couple of the other numerous threads, so I will post it here also for the newcomers. Simple and doesn’t require math.

Depart (cruise)   Test (no earlier than)

Fri                         Wed

Sat                        Thur

Sun                       Fri

Mon                      Sat

Tue                       Sun

Wed                      Mon

Thur                     Tue   

Thank you - I have made a note and will keep it with my cruising files.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

We are "seniors" and MediCare covers our testing. Our CVS Minute Clinic does the testing but it is difficult to an appointment and just last week the Minute Clinic was closed down with no info on if or when it will reopen. I am not sure if MediCare will cover the at home tests.

I remember something from eMed saying that some medical coverage will cover the costs of the tests since they are considered a prescription or something. I think I also remember someone saying they submitted the cost of the tests to their insurance and they covered it. Something you may want to talk to eMed and Medicare about. From the sound of it CVS hasn't been consistently reliable and I don't know of any that have rapid tests available...all I have been seeing is PCR and there is no way I would gamble on a PCR test with a 2 day testing window.

2 hours ago, bajathree said:

Exactly what I did too!  I cancelled two different appts at a CVS and local urgent care.  It's hard for me to believe that people don't want to do this option at all or "learn Zoom to cruise".  It's literally one of the easiest things I've ever done on a cell phone.  Oh well, good luck to them at CVS 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Hubby & I did the standard test a few wks ago prior to visiting our unvaccinated 9 y/o granddaughter.  It took 3 days to get results.  However, I am going on a Reunion weekend starting tomorrow and I went to CVS for their "quick" test.  I had results by phone and email in 1/2 hour.  

We have a cruise booked for 1/29/22 and always fly in a day early.   We are hoping the 3 day limit still applies so we can do the test before we leave home.

7 hours ago, shofer said:

We are hoping the 3 day limit still applies so we can do the test before we leave home.

Not sure where you are leaving from, but the testing changes to 2 days prior after Sept. 13 from at least Florida,  so may want to double check yours.  

8 hours ago, shofer said:

Hubby & I did the standard test a few wks ago prior to visiting our unvaccinated 9 y/o granddaughter.  It took 3 days to get results.  However, I am going on a Reunion weekend starting tomorrow and I went to CVS for their "quick" test.  I had results by phone and email in 1/2 hour.  

We have a cruise booked for 1/29/22 and always fly in a day early.   We are hoping the 3 day limit still applies so we can do the test before we leave home.

It switches from 3 days prior to no more than 2 days prior on Sept 13

Great post. We don't sail until April 2022 but were investigating these kits at our local CVS yesterday. Expirations were Jan 2022 (I'm pretty sure this includes extension) so we have to wait on getting our kits. Hopefully plenty are available in Jan/Feb.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, georgemoe said:

Great post. We don't sail until April 2022 but were investigating these kits at our local CVS yesterday. Expirations were Jan 2022 (I'm pretty sure this includes extension) so we have to wait on getting our kits. Hopefully plenty are available in Jan/Feb.

I don't believe CVS sells the "proctored" test...you need the one that say Binax COVID AG CARD on the front.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I don't believe CVS sells the "proctored" test...you need the one that say Binax COVID AG CARD on the front.

Thanks. It was the BinaxNOW test at CVS. Will have to find the other one locally if possible. Who knows what the protocols will be in 6 months.