Platinum latitude meals

kenzie

47 minutes ago, kenzie said:

We are sailing the Getaway next month - one of our party is platinum for first time, how does she obtain the benefits such as 2 nights speciality dining and choc strawberries? 

As long as the Latitudes number is associated with the person's cruise booking, it happens automatically. Certificates for the meals are in your room and the strawberries are usually there on arrival as well.

BTW...Congrats on the milestone! This is where the real loyalty perks kick in. 

Also, I suggest that you seek out the concierge on the ship. Many people do not utilize them nearly enough. We will always introduce ourselves to them. Even if we do not need their services, it is always nice to have another point of contact for any issues that may arise. We have had them pull some rabbits out of the hat for us. 

Edited by Rummblestrip
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Rummblestrip said:

Also, I suggest that you seek out the concierge on the ship. Many people do not utilize them nearly enough. We will always introduce ourselves to them. Even if we do not need their services, it is always nice to have another point of contact for any issues that may arise. We have had them pull some rabbits out of the hat for us. 

I'm one of those people who never used them -- or knew where to find them.  I suppose I always thought they'd introduce themselves or maybe just a note in my cabin on embarkation day explaining who to call.  I'm pretty self-sufficient so usually OK doing things on my own but there have been times the perk would have come in handy.

The other Platinum perk that I sometimes enjoy is the "Behind the Scenes" tour.  I don't do it on every cruise but usually will the first time I'm on a ship.

Edited by phillygwm

6 hours ago, kenzie said:

Thank you Rummblesrrip, we ail all gain platinum status after this cruise so that is helpful, is there a concierge desk?

I am not sure on the Getaway. We have been in the Haven when sailing on the Getaway. There is a concierge in the Haven, not sure if that is the same or seperate. On some ships, we have found them by Cagney's (Mojito Bar). You can have them call 855-NCL-HAVEN (pre cruise concierge) and talk to them. If you are not in the Haven, that might be one of the great things to ask about when you get on the ship (tour of the Haven)!.

Have sailed as a Platinum Latitudes guest on a few cruises.  Not sure what or where the on board concierge is.  I've never been able to find him or her once I boarded.  Only Concierges I know of are in the Haven (which I've also sailed). And, non-Haven guests are not allowed in the Haven.

Maybe pre-cruise concierges are available?

The specialty restaurants "perk" will have coupons in your stateroom upon embarkation.

The only other "perk" that is worthwhile to me is the free bag of laundry.

2 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

I am Platinum with a single occupancy booking coming up.  I have a friend coming with their own separate cabin, who is not Plat.  

Am I right in saying I can bring them to the 2 Plat. meals with me?

Yes, that's exactly right.  You'll have two vouchers in your cabin which entitle you to a meal for you & a guest at [specified restaurant].  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

I am Platinum with a single occupancy booking coming up.  I have a friend coming with their own separate cabin, who is not Plat.  

I'm Platinum too and cruise solo now and I'll often offer another solo cruiser to dine with me on my Platinum Coupon.  Never had a problem at all, they're very happy to accommodate.  I've done it in both Cagney's and Le Cucina.  

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 9:20 AM, podgeandrodge said:

The benefit is dinner for two.  Their is no restriction on who your plus one may be.

On 9/8/2021 at 5:15 PM, negn said:

Coupons will be in your room for the dinners.   Strawberries are automatically delivered to your room

If you don't find the coupons in your room, just stop by the Cruise Next Desk and ask for replacements.  We did that on the Encore last week, then the originals arrived in our room the next day!

• Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 8:13 PM, Rummblestrip said:

I have never needed the certificates. When you show at the restaurant, they should ask you if you would like to use your latitudes or your free at sea option. If at Le Bistro or Cagney's it will matter if you get a bottle of wine that night. 

I have all three:  Platinum meals, 2 FAS nights, and I buy 3 more premium dining meals to round out the cruise.  I find it easier to bring the coupons along, just to avoid confusion.  But there are usually 2-3 cabins in my dining party so it's sometimes a challenge for waitstaff to keep things straight under the best of circumstances.

I wonder if I get my Latitudes bottle of wine in addition to my Premium Plus bottle?  That might not end well 🙂

• Haha 1

On 9/9/2021 at 10:24 AM, Old & Retired said:

Currently suspended as well as 'dinner with an officer'.  Purportedly due to covid.

Absolutely due to COVID.  CDC guidelines mean that NCL must maintain a level of separation, or "bubble," between the crew and the passengers.  They can't have unmasked officers and passengers in close proximity.  That means no meals together and no potentially contagious passengers venturing into the "crew only" areas of the ship.

2 hours ago, phillygwm said:

I wonder if I get my Latitudes bottle of wine in addition to my Premium Plus bottle?  That might not end well 🙂

Not sure, very rare that I drink the wine they provide. Not that I am a wine snob but the cheap ones they offer are never to my liking (at least the few I have tried). Just as the $1.99 convenience store "champagne" they have in the staterooms. I tell the room steward or butler to make them disappear. 

2 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

Absolutely due to COVID.  CDC guidelines mean that NCL must maintain a level of separation, or "bubble," between the crew and the passengers.  They can't have unmasked officers and passengers in close proximity.  That means no meals together and no potentially contagious passengers venturing into the "crew only" areas of the ship.

Except that's baloney.  There are 'potentially contagious passengers' all over the ship interacting with crew 24/7.  A 'crew only' sign doesn't stop covid germs.  Germs can't read.  Officers also interact with passengers constantly.  

Currently on the Encore it appears the crew are the 'potentially contagious' threat to themselves with dozens of them quarantined due to covid and close contact with one another.

On 9/8/2021 at 8:26 PM, Rummblestrip said:

Things change. If we have a Specialty Reservation and are Platinum, and find it you will miss something that is going on at that time, I always use the Concierge Service to change that reservation. Never had a problem.