Cheers RU2 rate question

Indiansbaseball

I booked our cruise for October 2021 back in early 2020 (March). I booked early saver rate. Along came Cheers pkg right before our payoff date (July2021). The rate for our cabin was just a small amount more than our original booking rate. Now the rate for our cruise is over $500. Cheaper.  Can I change my rate to the going rate and get a credit for the difference. I know I will lose Cheers pkg. But we don’t drink that much, we bought it because it was not that much more than we were paying. 

Thoughts please ?! 
Jen 

Edited by Indiansbaseball

My cruise partner tried to change her rate for the Mardi Gras cruise in October under the same circumstances. She was told that she was not eligible for the new rates because her current booking used the Cheers rate code. She would have to cancel and lose her money since it was after final payment.

9 minutes ago, Indiansbaseball said:

I booked our cruise for October 2021 back in early 2020 (March). I booked early saver rate. Along came Cheers pkg right before our payoff date (July2021). The rate for our cabin was just a small amount more than our original booking rate. Now the rate for our cruise is over $500. Cheaper.  Can I change my rate to the going rate and get a credit for the difference. I know I will lose Cheers pkg. But we don’t drink that much, we bought it because it was not that much more than we were paying. 

Thoughts please ?! 
Jen 

Possibly.  Early saver rates are different than all other rates

15 minutes ago, Indiansbaseball said:

Did you call your PVP ? How did you get this ? Did you keep your Cheers ? 

We called our PVP and at first he said he didn’t think we could get price reduction because we were past final payment and didn’t book early saver.

About 15min after we got off the phone with him we got an new invoice with the price reduction and the OBC (keeping our RU1).  Then the PVP called back to say he got it worked out…..

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Indiansbaseball said:

Do you have a PVP or just call the 800 number and talk to whoever answers? There are PVPs and then there are Elite PVPs. You can call Carnival 3 times and get 3 answers. We have RU2 code and our PVP has gotten us OBC when price has dropped.

1 hour ago, canes20 said:

Do you have a PVP or just call the 800 number and talk to whoever answers? There are PVPs and then there are Elite PVPs. You can call Carnival 3 times and get 3 answers. We have RU2 code and our PVP has gotten us OBC when price has dropped.

Mine always gets me the price changes,  but I have never tried after final payment. I am an easy to please customer and I watch prices frequently. I have had the same PVP for almost 10 years. I guess I will see if he is elite ! 

8 minutes ago, Indiansbaseball said:

Mine always gets me the price changes,  but I have never tried after final payment. I am an easy to please customer and I watch prices frequently. I have had the same PVP for almost 10 years. I guess I will see if he is elite ! 

It would be nice if CC would let us share PVP names and other web site names so we could all help each other more. Or they could make the message tab at the top of CC page so we could PM each other.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

You said that you booked Early Saver originally and then switched to the RU2 rate code.

The rule is once Early Saver, always Early Saver, so you're entitled to the price drop.

Just curious where you read the rules. I know ES gets the price drops up ubtil 2 days before sailing but did not know once ES always ES.

2 minutes ago, canes20 said:

Just curious where you read the rules. I know ES gets the price drops up ubtil 2 days before sailing but did not know once ES always ES.

Next time you speak to your PVP, ask him. If you booked Early Saver and then switched to a refundable deposit rate, the cancellation penalties still apply. Because once Early Saver, always Early Saver. 

29 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Next time you speak to your PVP, ask him. If you booked Early Saver and then switched to a refundable deposit rate, the cancellation penalties still apply. Because once Early Saver, always Early Saver. 

I could see the deposit part staying as nonrefundable when switching from ES and that can be what applies to the price drops continuing after final but several are saying they are not getting the price drop after final. It could be who they talk to at Carnival or you are correct on once ES, always ES. I will make a note to ask how ES works when switched to a different rate when I talk to him. I just do not want to shoot the gift horse in the mouth.

40 minutes ago, pinto18 said:

We booked under an RU2 cheers code. Our PVP said we couldn't upgrade or get OBC without losing cheers. But..since you booked early saver and dont care if you lose cheers, you should be able to get the price drop

we booked with the RU1 rate…..got a price drop…..the OBC….and kept our RU1 Cheers Package!!!

(see my post above)

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

we booked with the RU1 rate…..got a price drop…..the OBC….and kept our RU1 Cheers Package!!!

(see my post above)

Same with us.  I originally submitted an online request for a price match and was denied.  Then I asked my PVP and the price match was granted with OBC and keeping the Cheers package. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Indiansbaseball said:

Just called Carnival, dont bother my PVP unless it’s necessary. Yes, kept the cheers, it was under the RU code. 

10 hours ago, pinto18 said:

We booked under an RU2 cheers code. Our PVP said we couldn't upgrade or get OBC without losing cheers. But..since you booked early saver and dont care if you lose cheers, you should be able to get the price drop

You have to still have the RU offer in your offers. Price match with that code and get the price change in obc 

2 hours ago, pinto18 said:

Did you still have the RU code on your offers?

I originally did not have the cheers package. Our PVP offered it and I said I would think about it. We were booked only in the early saver category. Called back about a week later and asked for the cheers. Booked it for $220.00 dollars for the two weeks. When I called about the price drop I found out we were transferred to the RU catagory.