Cooking class reservations on Mardi Gras

d-train

Did anyone else notice that cooking class reservations opened up on the specialty dining list of reservations.

We are sailing June and July BTW...

Pizza Master Class

Morning Hustle Class

Cupcake Academy

Bake Shop and Pie Town Class

Sushi Making 101 Class

It's an Ice Cream Kind of Day Class

Cake Workshop

Tailgate Party Class

Pasta Masterclass

Pit Grill and Smoke Master Class

$30 pp for each class

Specific days and times within the week - none I noticed were offered more than one time.

Perhaps they are pre-planning for even more limited shore excursions, and the need for more activities on board?

I saw this yesterday as well for our Mardi Gras sailing.

Signed up for the Pit Grill Smoke Masters class and Teppanyaki lunch (it popped on the radar too). While I was at it, we decided to give the Chef's Table a try on Thanksgiving. 🙂

Tom 

Thank you!  We were on the MG last week and interested in the classes, but saw/heard nothing about it onboard and had too many other things to do to pursue it.  We are booked again for February 2022, and I just signed us up for the pasta master class, thanks to your post.

7 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Signed up for the Pit Grill Smoke Masters class and Teppanyaki lunch (it popped on the radar too). While I was at it, we decided to give the Chef's Table a try on Thanksgiving. 🙂

Tom 

sounds like something my hubby would love...if it's not just basics anyone with a smoker know. 

I'd be interested in a review of the experience, when you return 🙂

6 minutes ago, ARcruisin2 said:

sounds like something my hubby would love...if it's not just basics anyone with a smoker know. 

I'd be interested in a review of the experience, when you return 🙂

I hope that there's some sampling involved! (I'd assume so, but it does not explicitly state that)

Tom

Are these included or were they ever included on Carnival? What about other classes? My first few cruises were on a different line and I remember a ton of free enrichment classes, especially cooking and I thought that I vaguely remember them being on carnival 15-20 years ago. Every port included a history lesson the day before, for instance. 

It really could be my memory playing tricks on my and maybe I paid or but I really enjoyed stuff like this, I’d pay $30 but would think it is a bit steep in all honesty. 

• 4 months later...
On 9/15/2021 at 6:36 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom 

How were the classes? 

13 minutes ago, ARcruisin2 said:

How were the classes? 

We no-showed for the Pit Grill class. Because Emeril was onboard, they had to move around some of the dates/times of the classes. The new day/time just didn't work out. Should have probably cancelled it when they informed us of the new time (which was not done in anything resembling an efficient manner - but hey..) - we basically forgot about it.

Tom

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We no-showed for the Pit Grill class. Because Emeril was onboard, they had to move around some of the dates/times of the classes. The new day/time just didn't work out. Should have probably cancelled it when they informed us of the new time (which was not done in anything resembling an efficient manner - but hey..) - we basically forgot about it.

Tom

Life In The Fast Lane

• Haha 1

I'll be on Mardi Gras on 2/26/2022.  For me, vacation = relaxation = No Cooking.  I'd pay $30 for someone who is a trained chef to cook my meal and serve to me.  I don't want to pay $30 to possibly overcook, burn, or just mess up.  I can do that at home.

• Haha 2