Does MSC honor price drops?

FOXYDEBBY

Just take care to see if any of the "free" amenities that came with the original price are included in the new price. For instance, shipboard credit or the drinks/internet package. You might have something in the original price that is no longer included at the lower price.

Edited by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
  • Like 2

I just did this.  About a month before sailing, I had a price drop.  I booked through an online agency, so, I called them and they called MSC.  They're going to give me a $351.00 OBC and whatever I don't use, will be refunded after the cruise.  I fly out in four days! 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

I just did this.  About a month before sailing, I had a price drop.  I booked through an online agency, so, I called them and they called MSC.  They're going to give me a $351.00 OBC and whatever I don't use, will be refunded after the cruise.  I fly out in four days! 

That’s great. Had you already made final payment before the price dropped?

• Like 1

We had our cruises repriced 3 times. Each time there was new promo (5+15) or $400 OBC, I did a mock booking to see if it was a true fare reduction. Called TA and he dealt with MSC. One had to be escalated to “back” office but, finally came through.

This was before final payment. We have large OBC ($400) for each so, don’t want to mess with them now. From beginning to final, saved $2,000.

YC booking.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

That’s terrific!!!  Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phissy said:

We had our cruises repriced 3 times. Each time there was new promo (5+15) or $400 OBC, I did a mock booking to see if it was a true fare reduction. Called TA and he dealt with MSC. One had to be escalated to “back” office but, finally came through.

This was before final payment. We have large OBC ($400) for each so, don’t want to mess with them now. From beginning to final, saved $2,000.

YC booking.

Geez. I thought I was a savvy shopper saving $600.

I called today and got 5% but can’t get the 15% because I have healthcare hero discount and the two cannot be combined. I will call back tomorrow and see if they can do an adjustment if I see the price is lower with the same package. 

• Like 1