Check in times with priority boarding? How does it work?

Cruiser0987

My Fiancé and I are booked on the Symphony of the Seas departing on October 16th from Miami. We will need to fly into FLL and are curious how the check in times that we select when doing the online check in process works when we have priority boarding due to my diamond status. We aren't sure if the time we select when doing the check in will be the time we are allowed on board or how that works since our flight will be arriving mid morning. 

Thanks for all your help!

Unfortunately Crown and Anchor status means nothing right now when it comes to embarkation. They are strictly keeping you to the time window you select at checkin. With the exception of those in suites can arrive up to an hour before or after your window. 

Some have been able to get in before their time period, but others are told to wait outside the terminal until their time. 

Edited by smplybcause
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

Unfortunately Crown and Anchor status means nothing right now when it comes to embarkation. They are strictly keeping you to the time window you select at checkin. With the exception of those in suites can arrive up to an hour before or after your window. 

Some have been able to get in before their time period, but others are told to wait outside the terminal until their time. 

Does this include those in junior suites?  And what is the earliest check in time?  We’re scheduled for 12:30 currently. 

1 minute ago, mbjonsn said:

Does this include those in junior suites?  And what is the earliest check in time?  We’re scheduled for 12:30 currently. 

If your boarding pass says suites on it than yes. I think that includes JS but don't know. Earliest checkin time varies by ship I think? But most of the ones I've seen posted on here were noon or later. 

2 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

If your boarding pass says suites on it than yes. I think that includes JS but don't know. Earliest checkin time varies by ship I think? But most of the ones I've seen posted on here were noon or later. 

Perfect. Thanks. Our boarding pass says suite. Maybe we’ll try to arrive at noon and see what happens. 

7 minutes ago, mbjonsn said:

Perfect. Thanks. Our boarding pass says suite. Maybe we’ll try to arrive at noon and see what happens. 

I “believe” suites can check up to an hour earlier than their assigned time.

At least it is what I have read here on the board…..I have no first hand knowledge…

• Thanks 1

We are also in a Junior Suite on the Oasis in September and our Set Sail Pass does not mention suite.  I wonder if Bayonne and Miami treat it differently?

I just checked our Nov Symphony Set Sail Pass for those Junior suites and they do not mention suite either.

Edited by PigsCanFly
more info

12 minutes ago, PigsCanFly said:

We are also in a Junior Suite on the Oasis in September and our Set Sail Pass does not mention suite.  I wonder if Bayonne and Miami treat it differently?

I just checked our Nov Symphony Set Sail Pass for those Junior suites and they do not mention suite either.

I’m on the Liberty, which might be the difference. Bigger ships have bigger suites? 🤷‍♀️

29 minutes ago, mbjonsn said:

If there is no line, there will not be a problem getting in early. 

That being said, the "Suites can check in 1 hour early" has no basis. It is something someone made up and people on CC keep repeating. Suite guest are told like steerage guests that they must arrive within the selected check-in window. We were in a Grand Suite last week and were told that there was no such thing as a "1 hour" grace period. 

11 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

If there is no line, there will not be a problem getting in early. 

That being said, the "Suites can check in 1 hour early" has no basis. It is something someone made up and people on CC keep repeating. Suite guest are told like steerage guests that they must arrive within the selected check-in window. We were in a Grand Suite last week and were told that there was no such thing as a "1 hour" grace period. 

Here is a link to the RC website where “flexible arrival” is discussed for Pinnacle Club and Suite guests. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/crown-anchor-society/program-updates

I guess you were told wrong 

• Like 2