Move up question

barneymag

Hi All

We’re on Silhouette in the next few weeks, booked in in 1a veranda on the hump. Received the “move up” email and Concierge, Aqua, Sky suite, Celebrity suite and Royal suites are available to bid on.

TBH we would never normally even consider a RS option as full price for us would pay for 3 or 4 standard veranda cruises, but minimum bids are relatively affordable. Question is with the Royal Suite you would normally get lots of extra perks and in particular the unlimited specialty dining perk. T&C’s in true X fashion are ambiguous and state you keep your original perks and don’t receive new perks but do get the normal “suite amenities” such as luminae, retreat deck, retreat lounge …….. so has anyone been successful in a bid from veranda to RS in move up program and still received the “unlimited speciality dining” perk

if the dining option is included on top of standard suites amenities then we will probably try to bag one, if not we could try for a Sky suite at a much lower bid and just pay extra for specialty dining …. However really would love to try a Royal Suite once in our cruising life 

6 hours ago, jelayne said:

Unlimited speciality dining is considered a. Amenity of the RS and above so if you had a successful Move Up you would have that.  What you would not get is the Suite OBC, Premium Beverage package or Stream wi-fi

Thanks jelayne

whats got me confused is that they include “premium drinks” “unlimited specialty dining” and “unlimited internet” (and don’t mention OBC) in the description of the Royal Suite benefits in the move up bid page, see attached screenshot but the Celebrity Suite and Sky Suite purely mention standard Retreat amenities including luminae, retreat lounge and retreat deck which makes sense to the way I read it. 

I’m wondering whether all the above benefits are classed as standard for the Royal Suite and not for the lower suite options but as usual X is very ambiguous in how it’s T&C’s are worded ???

🤷‍♂️

1DFDDC4D-AAE5-432B-9D02-54EC8D62AE55.png

Another Move Up question...Sorry to jump on OP's thread.  But I'll just drop it here and see if anybody can chime in.  If my Move Up bid is accepted do I understand correctly that I will only receive Captain's Club points equivalent to what would be earned on my originally booked stateroom category?

54 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

If my Move Up bid is accepted do I understand correctly that I will only receive Captain's Club points equivalent to what would be earned on my originally booked stateroom category?

Yes. 

As for drinks and internet, it looks like those also are RS amenities. You probably could call the retreat line and confirm that with a Retreat Concierge. 

• Like 1

Having had a similar question when looking at the "move up" offers for our cruise on the 27th. I emailed Celebrity with no answer but was speaking to them on another subject today and so asked - The answer was you only get the perk that may or may not have been included in your original booked - ie we have Aqua with a Classic drinks package - they explained it as a way to see the room but not the perks - so even if we had been successful we would not have got those Restaurant , Internet or Premium drinks benefit 

When our move up bid from a sky suite to a royal suite was accepted in 2019, we received the unlimited specialty dining, 2 bottles of liquor and monogrammed robes.  I think maybe mini bar too.  I've heard they no longer provide these robes, unless it's the penthouse and then you get pj's instead of robes.  You should receive all the amenities that come with a royal suite.  I don't think this has changed.

1 minute ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

When our move up bid from a sky suite to a royal suite was accepted in 2019, we received the unlimited specialty dining, 2 bottles of liquor and monogrammed robes.  I think maybe mini bar too.  I've heard they no longer provide these robes, unless it's the penthouse and then you get pj's instead of robes.  You should receive all the amenities that come with a royal suite.  I don't think this has changed.

All I can only say is that after querying the following statement which you have to agree to 

I acknowledge that the upgrade does not include any additional promotions, that the stateroom will be assigned based on space availability, and that once accepted, the upgrade is final and non-refundable.
I acknowledge that I will keep the same amenities that I have on my current booking; no additional amenities will be added as a result of my upgrade.

Celebrity told me in a phone conversation this morning that you would not get those benefits - Maybe things have changed ? maybe She was wrong (although she did go away and check) ? 

I'd just be careful if you are considering based on the perks 

6 minutes ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

Yes the unlimited speciality dining, bottles of liquor, mini bar come with the RS, even if you book a guaranteed or sail only rate.  

The beverage package, wi-fi and OBC are perks for booking a suite at the rate including those.

2 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Personally I wouldn’t bother spending the extra, if you keep your 1A status. I like the balcony on 1A.

You could then spend what you have saved on Speciality dining.

Thanks

I don't actually intend to now - Thought I was just helping out by replying !

We did a move up on edge in July and went from sky suite to penthouse, we were celebrating a few things including our 30 anniversary, as already said if you are in royal suite or above perks are fantastic, we did a royal suite last year also , and on both cruises didn’t even open up our liter of single malt scotch since with drink package. We bid 3550 each for upgrade.

1 hour ago, TonyM99 said:

All I can only say is that after querying the following statement which you have to agree to 

I acknowledge that the upgrade does not include any additional promotions, that the stateroom will be assigned based on space availability, and that once accepted, the upgrade is final and non-refundable.
I acknowledge that I will keep the same amenities that I have on my current booking; no additional amenities will be added as a result of my upgrade.

Celebrity told me in a phone conversation this morning that you would not get those benefits - Maybe things have changed ? maybe She was wrong (although she did go away and check) ? 

I'd just be careful if you are considering based on the perks 

The amenities that come with the royal suite and penthouse are because of the type of accommodation, not because of a 'promotion'.  But I would not be surprised if they've taken that away.  However,  the move up offer posted by barneymag above does state premium beverage package, etc., etc. under the royal suite but not under the celebrity nor sky suite.  Seems they would have to provide these for the royal suite move up.

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

Yes the unlimited speciality dining, bottles of liquor, mini bar come with the RS, even if you book a guaranteed or sail only rate.  

The beverage package, wi-fi and OBC are perks for booking a suite at the rate including those.

Unless Celebrity has changed the amenities of the RS and above suites, the premium beverage package, and wi-fi are one of the amenities.  The OBC and gratuities are not.  

• Like 1