Is the fresh squeezed orange juice that Celebrity charges $4 really freshly squeezed or is it like the orange juice we buy fr

jameslee

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Unfortunately the ship moves too fast or I would be out there! 

How about in port?

Or would security frown on that?

And even if you can fish on the pier, you cant bring the fish onboard 🙂

Edited by fstuff1

3 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

How about in port?

Or would security frown on that?

And even if you can fish on the pier, you cant bring the fish onboard 🙂

I have not considered fishing from the ship.  I know that fishing from the pier is not permitted and there are usually signs to that effect.

a lot of the Caribbean ports are excellent for fishing if you can find an area that will allow you to fish.  I have tried to talk my wife into letting me wander off for a few hours to go fishing but she has not relented.  YET 

20 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

a lot of the Caribbean ports are excellent for fishing if you can find an area that will allow you to fish.  I have tried to talk my wife into letting me wander off for a few hours to go fishing but she has not relented.  YET 

so catch and release?

On 9/17/2021 at 3:34 PM, curtsfan said:

We got fresh squeezed OJ every morning & it wasn’t from a carton.

That is exactly my recollection from The Edge Thanksgiving sailing 2019...

There was a machine behind the bar at the entrance to OVC... either we could go personally and request a glass or have the wait staff bring a glass over.

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 3:24 PM, Bo1953 said:

That is exactly my recollection from The Edge Thanksgiving sailing 2019...

There was a machine behind the bar at the entrance to OVC... either we could go personally and request a glass or have the wait staff bring a glass over.

Cheers and bon voyage

Just back from Silhouette.

All juicing machines now removed.

The world class bar had fresh oranges that they squeezed by hand.

Manager of Tuscan confirmed no machines but fresh hand squeezed orange juice was available. I suppose if you are paying $4 ask to watch it bring squeezed and take a selfie.

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2021 at 12:22 PM, sasset said:

To me if it's in a can, it's not fresh. Same with orange juice. If' it's in a carton or has been frozen, it's not "fresh squeezed".

I had it explained to me very clearly one time from someone in "the industry." 

There is a difference between "fresh" and "freshly squeezed."  "Fresh squeezed" or "fresh" means that it has not been concentrated and reconstituted, but it could have been packaged and shipped and even frozen.  "Freshly squeezed" means it was squeezed on site.  The "ly" makes all the difference.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, the penguins said:

Just back from Silhouette.

All juicing machines now removed.

The world class bar had fresh oranges that they squeezed by hand.

Manager of Tuscan confirmed no machines but fresh hand squeezed orange juice was available. I suppose if you are paying $4 ask to watch it bring squeezed and take a selfie.

p you mean to say that you did not take the selfie to share with us here on CC??? LOL

Thank you and bon voyage

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2021 at 8:52 AM, Mark_T said:

We are on Silhouette at the moment so I had a chat with one of the F&B managers. 

The definitive answer seems to be that the juice machines have all gone, but for Luminae & Blu they have one of the kitchen staff manually producing a batch of fresh squeezed orange juice early in the morning.

For all other locations, including the Spa Cafe, the best option is the Premium Orange Juice which is of course prepared ashore. 

Hello,

When I looked at the 'small print' of the Spa Cafe Premium Orange juice, it contained carrot and ginger - though no mention of proportions.

Switch to Royal or MSC where the old orange 'squeezing' machines can be seen in abundance.

Regards.

Cublet

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

When I looked at the 'small print' of the Spa Cafe Premium Orange juice, it contained carrot and ginger - though no mention of proportions.

Switch to Royal or MSC where the old orange 'squeezing' machines can be seen in abundance.

Regards.

Cublet

Over OJ???

Sounds like a recommendation I would make... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

On 9/16/2021 at 3:14 PM, Mark_T said:

Best place to start looking is the Spa Cafe I think, if there is still fresh juice being produced onboard that is a prime candidate given their focus on juices and smoothies. 

You are correct..   I was just off Equinox and the only place with real fresh squeezed was the Spa Cafe.   They have it on the menu with Ginger but you can ask for it without any additives

• Like 1