Riverside Hotel in Fort Lauderdale

Annie43

4 minutes ago, Annie43 said:

We are considering this hotel pre-cruise in February.  Any recent reviews? Recommendations for brunch/dinner? Anyplace nearby to purchase wine /bottled water to take on board?  Thank you!

Link to previous discussions 

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2467565-riverside-hotel-fort-laudon-las-olas-liquor-store-or-a-store-to-buy-winechampagne/

26 minutes ago, Annie43 said:

We are considering this hotel pre-cruise in February.  Any recent reviews? Recommendations for brunch/dinner? Anyplace nearby to purchase wine /bottled water to take on board?  Thank you!

I purchase beer and wine at a CVS a few blocks away. As for dinner there are so many choices. My favorites are Big City Tavern and Royal Pig but there are loads of good restaurants. Breakfast I usually do at the Crepe place. I can't remember the name. 

I have stayed at The Riverside multiple times over the years and will be staying there again in December😀 as for restaurants, all you have to do is stroll up and down Las Olas and see what is appealing to you........there are many, many choices on both sides of the hotel......from French Crepes to BBQ to Italian to Fresh Seafood.

Charles, the Crepe place is called La Bonne Crepe.........it is wonderful😀 have eaten there many times.

• Like 1

We are staying there in February and went for the King room in the old part.  It’s not a micro room.  Since it’s only for a night I think it will be ok.  Prices are really high to what we are usually pay in Ft Lauderdale.  I know it can depend on the weekend or time of the year but pretty much everything was over $300/ night. We normally do a Hilton property but no way am I paying over $300 for a regular room.  We’ve had suites at less then that before.

We like the architecture of the old hotels.

My husband and I are regulars at the hotel and are there often.  We've also stayed there in past when our AC died.

The Boathouse is an excellent restaurant.  Great food and part of the hotel.

Get a room in the new building.  The older part is just smaller.

On 9/17/2021 at 6:08 PM, Charles4515 said:

I purchase beer and wine at a CVS a few blocks away. As for dinner there are so many choices. My favorites are Big City Tavern and Royal Pig but there are loads of good restaurants. Breakfast I usually do at the Crepe place. I can't remember the name. 

Royal Pig owners sold and it is now under new management.  No idea if the menu has changed or not.