Yet another MoveUp question

bjt3

My wife and I are taking our first cruise with Celebrity in just over a week on the Apex out of Athens. We are more than excited to experience all that a Celebrity cruise has too offer and we cant wait to just travel for fun again! We leave for Athens in just over 5 days!!

I searched a bit for the answer to my question but I was not able to find it and I have zero doubt that the brain trust in these forums will know the answer. If this has already been asked, I apologize for the redundancy.

We submitted MoveUp requests for multiple room categories. Nearly all that were available to us... We were excited! Until this afternoon, all of our offers were "Pending", but nearly all have changed to "Expired", except one. We are also no longer able to change our offers. Is this a normal process? Should we anticipate that the remaining offer that is "Pending" will be accepted? 

Thanks for your help and for this amazing forum of cruise experts!

Brian 

5 hours ago, bjt3 said:

My wife and I are taking our first cruise with Celebrity in just over a week on the Apex out of Athens. We are more than excited to experience all that a Celebrity cruise has too offer and we cant wait to just travel for fun again! We leave for Athens in just over 5 days!!

I searched a bit for the answer to my question but I was not able to find it and I have zero doubt that the brain trust in these forums will know the answer. If this has already been asked, I apologize for the redundancy.

We submitted MoveUp requests for multiple room categories. Nearly all that were available to us... We were excited! Until this afternoon, all of our offers were "Pending", but nearly all have changed to "Expired", except one. We are also no longer able to change our offers. Is this a normal process? Should we anticipate that the remaining offer that is "Pending" will be accepted? 

Brian 

Since you cruise is over a week away, you are suppose to be able to cancel your bid unless it has already been accepted.  You will know for sure when you are charged.  

11 hours ago, bjt3 said:

Brian 

I have the identical situation that I have posted with one room showing as expired and the other showing as pending but unable to edit the bid or cancel.  Mine has been like this for at least 4 days, our cruise leaves in 9 days.  I am seeing the room availability slip away with only 2 left.  I am really hopeful , and can only assume I have to be patient 

5 hours ago, Keddy72 said:

I have the identical situation that I have posted with one room showing as expired and the other showing as pending but unable to edit the bid or cancel.  Mine has been like this for at least 4 days, our cruise leaves in 9 days.  I am seeing the room availability slip away with only 2 left.  I am really hopeful , and can only assume I have to be patient 

Have you checked to see if your cabin #has changed or your credit card has been charged?

Thanks all for the comments.

We spoke to Celebrity on Friday and they confirmed that the "Expired" state is just telling us that they didn't accept our offer or they found a better one. Curious if this is due to someone with a higher number of loyalty points providing an offer? Our offers where nearly max on a few of the high end suites, such as the Iconic and none of them were accepted... It was kind of an obscene amount, but it's our 30th wedding anniversary so why not. 🙂 

Looks like we are still in the running for one of the rooms we placed an offer on as it is still showing as Pending. Crossing our fingers that we get it!

Brian

31 minutes ago, bjt3 said:

We spoke to Celebrity on Friday and they confirmed that the "Expired" state is just telling us that they didn't accept our offer or they found a better one. Curious if this is due to someone with a higher number of loyalty points providing an offer? Our offers where nearly max on a few of the high end suites, such as the Iconic and none of them were accepted... It was kind of an obscene amount, but it's our 30th wedding anniversary so why not. 🙂 

Looks like we are still in the running for one of the rooms we placed an offer on as it is still showing as Pending. Crossing our fingers that we get it!

Brian

Well Celebrity prices are currently obscene, putting it mildly, awesome experience but the prices are really off the charts.

17 hours ago, bjt3 said:

Brian

And you are still not able to change your bid (cancel or change the amount) for your pending category?  Does not seem right and is opposite of what it says in the bidding platform.  

Good luck.  

11 hours ago, emmas gran said:

We made a bid to go from CS to RS on Silhouette (the bid was over the minimum) and not accepted. Onboard we spoke with the Suite Concierge and were able to upgrade for £200 less than our bid --tell me that's not crazy.  

Perhaps it was a no show or last minute cancellation?  Failed Covid test?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

And you are still not able to change your bid (cancel or change the amount) for your pending category?  Does not seem right and is opposite of what it says in the bidding platform.  

That's correct. As of Friday, the MoveUp page is locked with no option to change our offer or even delete it... It would seem to indicate that they have accepted our offer and the Celebrity agent we spoke to indicated as much, but it still shows as Pending and our CC has not been charged and our room number remains the same. We shall see happens on Monday. 

Six days remain until we board the Apex. Cant wait!!

25 minutes ago, bjt3 said:

That's correct. As of Friday, the MoveUp page is locked with no option to change our offer or even delete it... It would seem to indicate that they have accepted our offer and the Celebrity agent we spoke to indicated as much, but it still shows as Pending and our CC has not been charged and our room number remains the same. We shall see happens on Monday. 

Six days remain until we board the Apex. Cant wait!!

Thanks for the clarification.  I would be very surprised if you did not win the bid.  
Enjoy

6 hours ago, emmas gran said:

There were 3 RS available when we bid and 2 available when we boarded- we enjoyed the cruise but still don't understand the Move Up process

That is interesting.  I believe the process is managed by a third party, but based on your experience Celebrity does not make all cabins available.  How much did you save based on the price being quoted to just pay for the full upgrade when you initially bid without using the Mive up process?

On 9/19/2021 at 12:35 AM, emmas gran said:

We made a bid to go from CS to RS on Silhouette (the bid was over the minimum) and not accepted. Onboard we spoke with the Suite Concierge and were able to upgrade for £200 less than our bid --tell me that's not crazy.  

Interesting that you are able to upgrade after boarding. How was the amount decided? Did the concierge tell you what you would have to pay or did you make an offer?

On 9/18/2021 at 5:44 PM, bjt3 said:

Brian

It may be that they prioritized a bid for the Iconic suite from one of the Penthouse suite folks, over your bid even though your bid sounds like it's on the high end.

Perhaps you'll get the Penthouse Suite vacated by the upgrade of those folks to the Iconic suite.

1 hour ago, CalTexCruiser said:

It may be that they prioritized a bid for the Iconic suite from one of the Penthouse suite folks, over your bid even though your bid sounds like it's on the high end.

Perhaps you'll get the Penthouse Suite vacated by the upgrade of those folks to the Iconic suite.

That would be nice! Still no word yet and all remains the same as of 9am PST on Monday. We leave for Athens on Wednesday! We should probably start packing... 🙂 

1 hour ago, bjt3 said:

That would be nice! Still no word yet and all remains the same as of 9am PST on Monday. We leave for Athens on Wednesday! We should probably start packing... 🙂 

My guess is that you are guaranteed to get one of the high level suites, but they just don't know which one yet as they are shuffling other bidders around, and maybe even waiting for the PH suite cabins to up their bids at the last minute.

We are also leaving Wed for Athens, from SFO (which I assume is your departure airport given your location).

1 minute ago, CalTexCruiser said:

We are also leaving Wed for Athens, from SFO (which I assume is your departure airport given your location).

Yep. We are flying to LHR on United from SFO and then on to ATH. We live in Sunnyvale.

On 9/17/2021 at 5:46 PM, bjt3 said:

For the current sailing, MoveUp room changes were assigned Wednesday late afternoon/evening (EST). Hopefully you'll hear around then! 

7 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

For the current sailing, MoveUp room changes were assigned Wednesday late afternoon/evening (EST). Hopefully you'll hear around then! 

That's good information, thanks! We takeoff from SFO just after 4pm PST so maybe we will see an update before we takeoff... That would be a fun way to start the trip!

I am also waiting for something to happen on Moveup, we are also on the 25th sailing and flying Heathrow to Athens on Wednesday. We booked a week ago and are bidding from inside to balcony. Only put just over minimum bid on sunset and infinite and they are both ‘pending’! To be honest we are not overly bothered if we remain in an inside cabin as we have already had a staycation cruise on Silhouette in June and I did a mini cruise on Princess in August. We ideally wanted to go to the Caribbean or Florida on this holiday but can’t get into the States and decided against the islands at this time so thought this cruise would be a good alternative. If the Moveup bid thing doesn’t work I’m going to enquire about an upgrade when we get on board. To be fair the biggest pain in the ass is all the forms I’ve had to fill in today online …….

8 minutes ago, bjt3 said:

That's good information, thanks! We takeoff from SFO just after 4pm PST so maybe we will see an update before we takeoff... That would be a fun way to start the trip!

We got notified today of ours - successful as experienced travellers on here predicted.  We were in the same boat (no pun intended) as you, so fingers crossed yours will come through 

10 minutes ago, sfitz2000 said:

I am also waiting for something to happen on Moveup, we are also on the 25th sailing and flying Heathrow to Athens on Wednesday. We booked a week ago and are bidding from inside to balcony. Only put just over minimum bid on sunset and infinite and they are both ‘pending’! To be honest we are not overly bothered if we remain in an inside cabin as we have already had a staycation cruise on Silhouette in June and I did a mini cruise on Princess in August. We ideally wanted to go to the Caribbean or Florida on this holiday but can’t get into the States and decided against the islands at this time so thought this cruise would be a good alternative. If the Moveup bid thing doesn’t work I’m going to enquire about an upgrade when we get on board. To be fair the biggest pain in the ass is all the forms I’ve had to fill in today online …….

Best of luck on your MoveUp offer! We leave SFO on Wednesday and land in the UK on Thursday morning with a long layover before we fly down to Athens. We are working through all the forms as we'll... So much paperwork...