Havana Cabana luggage on patio

bkrumm1204

We had purchased FTTF for our upcoming sailing on the Panorama.  Of course FTTF were cancelled because of Covid. We are staying in a Havana Cabana and are wondering if we might be able to drop the things we carried on onto the patio while waiting for our room.  Anyone know?  Thanks!

Edited by bkrumm1204
Typo

3 hours ago, bkrumm1204 said:

We had purchased FTTF for our upcoming sailing on the Panorama.  Of course FTTF were cancelled because of Covid. We are staying in a Havana Cabana and are wondering if we might be able to drop the things we carried on onto the patio while waiting for our room.  Anyone know?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Melcoug said:

We have a Havana Cabana booked on Panorama as well.  I haven't done it before, but this was my plan for at least the carryons without any valuables. I'm sure we can't be the only ones who have had this plan!

If you are Platinum or Diamond , yes,  If not, no. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

If you are Platinum or Diamond , yes,  If not, no. 

You really think they care if guests with patios booked toss a back pack on their patio before sailing? Other than the staff hosing down the space as another member suggested I don't see what the harm is.

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

You really think they care if guests with patios booked toss a back pack on their patio before sailing? Other than the staff hosing down the space as another member suggested I don't see what the harm is.

Yeah, they care.  That is what they tell people rooms aren't available until 1:30 pm. They don't want a stream of people tripping thru the hallways as they are trying to finish rooms.  Dropping luggage off is an earned perk.  Rooms are also left open.  Besides for every person who just wants to "drop off one bag", there are 10 more and another dozen who just want to ask the steward just "one thing".  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Yeah, they care.  That is what they tell people rooms aren't available until 1:30 pm. They don't want a stream of people tripping thru the hallways as they are trying to finish rooms.  Dropping luggage off is an earned perk.  Rooms are also left open.  Besides for every person who just wants to "drop off one bag", there are 10 more and another dozen who just want to ask the steward just "one thing".  

They're not going to be tripping through the hallways, they're going to be out on deck at their patio which is open to all Havana guests to walk around before sail away.

havana.jpg

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

They're not going to be tripping through the hallways, they're going to be out on deck at their patio which is open to all Havana guests to walk around before sail away.

havana.jpg

This is what I thought the OP meant, too. Locating their patio and tossing their carry-ons over the railing shouldn't bother the workers.

• Like 2

Wasn't there a post a while ago about someone who got kicked off the ship because they didn't have their medication? And it was in a carryon that they put in their room, with the door open? Then it went missing and they accused the room steward?

I woudln't put anything on a deck where everyone else could just walk by and take it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

3 hours ago, AHS123 said:

This is what I thought the OP meant, too. Locating their patio and tossing their carry-ons over the railing shouldn't bother the workers.

That is exactly what I meant.  I am well aware of the fact that I cannot put it inside the room. I was just thinking it’s my patio so why not. But I did not consider the hosing down so thank you.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, K_e_short said:

Wasn't there a post a while ago about someone who got kicked off the ship because they didn't have their medication? And it was in a carryon that they put in their room, with the door open? Then it went missing and they accused the room steward?

I woudln't put anything on a deck where everyone else could just walk by and take it.

Most people have their luggage sitting in the hallways unattended. How is that any different?

• Like 2

You could probably do this by entering via the Havana bar area,  but remember the inner access doors are usually closed until 1:30.  Be careful and stick you bags up in a corner next to the door so they're not readily visible.  And make sure you keep your valuables and any medications with you in case your luggage decides to take a walk.

• Like 1

I’m assuming I could access it from the outside.  Really, we probably want to grab lunch and then head to the Havana pool. If that area is open, then I should in theory be able to walk right up to the patio.  I sail October 2nd, so I’ll let you all know what happens. 

Edited by bkrumm1204
  • Like 1

I am in no way a Debbie Downer, but keep in mind that the patio is part of the cleaning path for the steward. They may need to spray the patio down and your belongings may prevent them from doing that, or may get wet/damaged if they do not see them on the patio. 

On 9/18/2021 at 10:58 AM, lasekeye said:

I would keep in mind, that during passenger turnover, would be a good time for the staff to hose down the balconies, patios & the outdoor furnishings.

Hi,

We are just off the Panorama. We had a balcony cabin 2 floors above the Havana Cabins with the patios. Having observed this location …. Just thought I’d share …

A couple of things to note:  As previously mentioned the patios are separated from each other  by low open fences. No privacy.  To view the ocean we saw the guests walkout of their patio, across shared walkway to the glass partition that is on the side of the ship. 

We saw 3 groups who had booked Havana Patio Cabins. They put up outside lights. And meet ups happened here. So, if someone is looking for a private patio experience, this may not work.

A few days before debark a card showed up in our Cabin letting us know our Balcony would be cleaned the next day. No time given.  Wonder if the crew did Havana Deck 5 too??

Lastly, we are Gold Members, FTTF wasn’t an option this cruise, BUT we received all our luggage right away! Actually pretty surprised. We were at 50% capacity too.

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Edited by Markmom18
  • Like 1

Totally unrelated to the question the OP asked so sorry. Why does anyone want one of those balconies/cabins? No privacy with people walking by. Does not seem like there can much of a view. I will take an aft-wrap any day. Or just a standard balcony.  To each their own though I guess. 

• Like 1

The main benefit if the Havana Cabana is the exclusive use of the pool flanked by 2 hot tubs on the Vista class ships. You'd get the same benefit by booking a Havana interior.

Edited by mondello
Correction
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, mexicobob said:

Totally unrelated to the question the OP asked so sorry. Why does anyone want one of those balconies/cabins? No privacy with people walking by. Does not seem like there can much of a view. I will take an aft-wrap any day. Or just a standard balcony.  To each their own though I guess. 

The only people walking by would be your neighbors that are in the same strip of lanais that you're in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bkrumm1204 said:

I’m assuming I could access it from the outside.  Really, we probably want to grab lunch and then head to the Havana pool. If that area is open, then I should in theory be able to walk right up to the patio.  I sail October 2nd, so I’ll let you all know what happens. 

Since you won't have your Havana wristbands, which are inside the cabin, or your sail n sign, which is in your mailbox outside your cabin, if you're gold or below you will need to show your boarding pass to whoever is attending the revolving door next to the Havana Bar to prove you belong there, even though that perk is only good for Plats and Diamonds till 130.

On 9/19/2021 at 8:56 PM, mondello said:

The main benefit if the Havana Cabana is the exclusive use of the pool flanked by 2 hot tubs on the Vista class ships. You'd get the same benefit by booking a Havana interior.

Yes, I’m in total agreement about booking a Havana Interior.  

My husband and I just couldn’t see how these Patio Cabins will cost approximately $1,100 more (than Inside Havana) for the privilege of using the private Havana pool area.

We could just step outside our Cabin aka Bedroom and be on Havana Pool deck in a minute! 😁😁 In April of ‘23 we are booked on that Inside.  

Though …. IDK …. Might just skip the whole Havana experience.  I love having a private Balcony and we really just don’t spend hours & hours by any pool. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ Plenty of time to think it over …

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Edited by Markmom18

2 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Yes, I’m in total agreement about booking a Havana Interior.  

My husband and I just couldn’t see how these Patio Cabins will cost approximately $1,100 more (than Inside Havana) for the privilege of using the private Havana pool area.

We could just step outside our Cabin aka Bedroom and be on Havana Pool deck in a minute! 😁😁 In April of ‘23 we are booked on that Inside.  

Though …. IDK …. Might just skip the whole Havana experience.  I love having a private Balcony and we really just don’t spend hours & hours by any pool. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ Plenty of time to think it over …

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

If your April of 2023 booking is on a Vista Class ship, keep your booking the way it is.  Try it once, if you don't like it, then you know for future sailings.  I can tell you from firsthand experience on two different 8 day Horizon sailings that is was great.  Even if you don't lay out by the pool all day, the possibility of getting into a hot tub without being inundated with kids or getting into a pool that isn't human soup is a wonderful thing.

Now, if your April of 2023 booking is on the Mardi Gras or Celebration, then change it because Havana is not worth it on those ships.