How do children accumulate Crown & Anchor points?

jules71

My 39 year old son recently received a postcard from Royal Caribbean advising him of his points even though his only cruises were with us (his parents) before he was 18. I was surprised both that they found him (he’s lived several places since then) and at the number of points. It actually got us talking about doing a family cruise during the double points time. However, when I tried to get my daughter’s number (she’s four years younger) they couldn’t find any record of her! I called C&A and they did search a number of ways. Records are sketchy that far back and they could see there were four of us on our first cruise (1995) but the names of the kids weren’t listed. I’m planning to keep trying, I do have photos of the family with the Captain and possibility some other memorabilia that could “prove” she cruised, but before I do that I was trying to find the specific policy regarding children and status beginning with our first cruise in 1995. We are Diamond and have cruised fairly often, but the kids weren’t always with us. I have searched both the Royal Caribbean and Cruise Critic web sites. Any help appreciated.

We cruised often with our kids when they were younger. We had to register them with crown and anchor when we started so they had their own C&A numbers. They retained whatever status we had up until their 18th birthdays, regardless if they sailed as many times as us. After that they have to earn on their own. 

1 hour ago, RosieRoo said:

We cruised often with our kids when they were younger. We had to register them with crown and anchor when we started so they had their own C&A numbers. They retained whatever status we had up until their 18th birthdays, regardless if they sailed as many times as us. After that they have to earn on their own. 

To clarify even after they turn 18 they retain that level but then the points they get for cruising going forward add to their own account...They don't start over again. 

5 minutes ago, Ashland said:

To clarify even after they turn 18 they retain that level but then the points they get for cruising going forward add to their own account...They don't start over again. 

Correct.  At age 18, our kids started from Emerald.

18 minutes ago, Fantom333 said:

Correct.  At age 18, our kids started from Emerald.

They will start from the level  of their parents,  but  they  only have the points they have actually accumulated by sailing. Once they reach 18, while they keep the level, any additional  new points are added to their current actual  points.

Both our adult children  are D because of our status when they sailed as children and when  then turned 18. By now, they have likely reached the actual points needed for D, but it  isn't  necessary for them to receive D benefits. Then my son-in-law became D on his first cruise.   Their children are D as well, and  have only taken 2 cruises.  D by "association" is the same as D who sailed  and received all  the points.  

And we wonder why there are so many  C&A members on  any given ship/cruise

m

My husband and I cruise with his family in the early 90s. We didn’t really expect to become normal cruisers, so we didn’t do the crown and anchor sign up. Years later when we started cruising, I tried to call Royal Caribbean like you did and they had no record of it. Luckily,  I used to scrapbook, so I had the boarding pass. The one that used to look sort of like an airline ticket. When I sent them that, then they credited me. But other than me having physical proof, I doubt they would’ve.

Edited by cindivan
  • Like 1