Departure flight time after Alaska cruise

OUBaylor1

My wife booked a 9:15  am flight as she needs to  get home to go to a wedding. There is a good chance we don't make it but we have carry on luggage only. If we get off by 7:39 and can find acab right away we should be at the airport by 8-8:15. I know, stupid decision. Shoukd be interesting. If we dont make it we will try to get on the 11:15 flight to sfo. 

Edited by oskidunker

We erred on the side of caution and booked a 2:30 flight.  We could have made the 10:30 flight fairly easily, using the Celebrity bus transfer (we usually Uber or taxi it, but as there are shortages this year we didn't want to deal with that potential issue).  We did find that the TSA process was unusually slow, even though we had pre-check.  

9 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

My wife booked a 9:15  am flight as she needs to  get home to go to a wedding. There is a good chance we don't make it but we have carry on luggage only. If we get off by 7:39 and can find acab right away we should be at the airport by 8-8:15. I know, stupid decision. Shoukd be interesting. If we dont make it we will try to get on the 11:15 flight to sfo. 

Let me know if you encounter any problems making your flight.

We flew out of SEA/TAC this past Friday (not cruise related).  We arrived at the airport at 6:00 a.m. and they were already re-routing cars headed to departures to the arrivals area to drop off passengers. It was very crowded. Bear in mind that some gates require an additional short train ride(D, N, S and A). We found TSA to be reasonably quick and efficient, however. Have a great trip.

I was on the Ovation last week and my flight left 11:54AM. We used Royal's valet service so we didn't have to mess around with our luggage .We were early for the flight by about 2 1/2 hours, but it was the first AA flight to Charlotte, NC, We actually left the ship around 8:30, and took the Royal shuttle to SeaTec. TSA wasn't too busy, and it only took about 20 minutes to go through. The plane hadn't arrived  yet, but did leave on time. This was on Friday. Please don't book a flight before 11:am, or you'll be stressed if you are going to  make it.

1 minute ago, phoenix_dream said:

We erred on the side of caution and booked a 2:30 flight.  We could have made the 10:30 flight fairly easily, using the Celebrity bus transfer (we usually Uber or taxi it, but as there are shortages this year we didn't want to deal with that potential issue).  We did find that the TSA process was unusually slow, even though we had pre-check.  

I also heard about the difficulty of getting and Uber or taxi due to shortages.  We currently have a 1:30 flight but would like to change to the 11:15 flight out of SEATAC.  Did you book your Celebrity bus transfer prior to the cruise?  I am not seeing Celebrity transfers as an option on their website for our 1 October Alaska cruise.  We also have pre-check.  Thanks for mentioning that this process was slower than usual.  We plan on using Port Valet to expedite our trip from the port to SEATAC.

31 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I was on the Ovation last week and my flight left 11:54AM. We used Royal's valet service so we didn't have to mess around with our luggage .We were early for the flight by about 2 1/2 hours, but it was the first AA flight to Charlotte, NC, We actually left the ship around 8:30, and took the Royal shuttle to SeaTec. TSA wasn't too busy, and it only took about 20 minutes to go through. The plane hadn't arrived  yet, but did leave on time. This was on Friday. Please don't book a flight before 11:am, or you'll be stressed if you are going to  make it.

Thanks for responding!  We plan to participate in the Port Valet service also.  Used it once on our Edge cruise from Port Ft Lauderdale and really liked the convenience of not hauling our luggage from port to airport.  Sounds like we should NOT consider changing from the 1:30 flight to the 11:15 flight.

1 hour ago, OUBaylor1 said:

Thanks for responding!  We plan to participate in the Port Valet service also.  Used it once on our Edge cruise from Port Ft Lauderdale and really liked the convenience of not hauling our luggage from port to airport.  Sounds like we should NOT consider changing from the 1:30 flight to the 11:15 flight.

If I recall correctly, 11:30 was the earliest time for Valet out of SEA.

We were on the July 30 sailing which arrived back in Seattle to Pier 91 on August 6 (not pier 66.) Hubby and I had a 3:15 Delta flight to Phoenix ... we took the Celebrity excursion to Chihuly/Space Needle with an airport drop-off. Tour arrived at SeaTac around 11:45 and the airport was nutzo! With TSA Precheck (have Global Entry,) it still took 35 minutes to get thru security. Even the Delta SkyClub was crowded.

Son and DIL had a 12:50 departure on AA (connection with final destination to FL.) I booked them a transfer with Seattle Express ... $20 per person with shuttles leaving every 15 minutes from Pier to SeaTac. They were very pleased with this transfer and recommend.

Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise!

21 hours ago, DogLover said:

We were on the July 30 sailing which arrived back in Seattle to Pier 91 on August 6 (not pier 66.) Hubby and I had a 3:15 Delta flight to Phoenix ... we took the Celebrity excursion to Chihuly/Space Needle with an airport drop-off. Tour arrived at SeaTac around 11:45 and the airport was nutzo! With TSA Precheck (have Global Entry,) it still took 35 minutes to get thru security. Even the Delta SkyClub was crowded.

Son and DIL had a 12:50 departure on AA (connection with final destination to FL.) I booked them a transfer with Seattle Express ... $20 per person with shuttles leaving every 15 minutes from Pier to SeaTac. They were very pleased with this transfer and recommend.

Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for responding and for the information.  We have Global Entry also and are surprised by how slow the security process is.  Because we are taking advantage of the port valet service, we were planning to take an uber but have heard about delays due to shortages.  Will look into the Seattle Express.

13 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

We walked off at 7:30, in the Uber at 7:45 and at the airport by 8:30.  This was on Friday morning and there were not any real lines at the check-in for Delta.  

Wow, that was quick!  We are flying Delta also.  Thanks for responding!

On 9/20/2021 at 7:05 PM, CYNSport said:

We flew out of SEA/TAC this past Friday (not cruise related).  We arrived at the airport at 6:00 a.m. and they were already re-routing cars headed to departures to the arrivals area to drop off passengers. It was very crowded. Bear in mind that some gates require an additional short train ride(D, N, S and A). We found TSA to be reasonably quick and efficient, however. Have a great trip.

Thanks for responding and for the information!

2 hours ago, OUBaylor1 said:

Thanks for responding and for the information.  We have Global Entry also and are surprised by how slow the security process is.  Because we are taking advantage of the port valet service, we were planning to take an uber but have heard about delays due to shortages.  Will look into the Seattle Express.

My son was planning to take Uber, too. After reading about delays and surge pricing, I convinced him to do a shuttle ... they were very happy with the service. 

Here's the link Seattle Transportation Services | Seattle Express

We had an 11:45 am flight on Sep 10 and the concierge recommended we leave the ship by 8:30 am. We got off the ship about 8:30 am and there were plenty of taxis with a $40 flat rate to SeaTac. Traffic was smooth and we arrived by 9ish so we had almost 3 hours before our flight.

We used Port Valet and flights had to be after 11:30 am. 

3 hours ago, cruzzzinma said:

We had an 11:45 am flight on Sep 10 and the concierge recommended we leave the ship by 8:30 am. We got off the ship about 8:30 am and there were plenty of taxis with a $40 flat rate to SeaTac. Traffic was smooth and we arrived by 9ish so we had almost 3 hours before our flight.

We used Port Valet and flights had to be after 11:30 am. 

Thanks for responding and for the info!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DogLover said:

My son was planning to take Uber, too. After reading about delays and surge pricing, I convinced him to do a shuttle ... they were very happy with the service. 

Hi - once when it was raining, taxi's were SCARCE at port, looong waiting lines (over 30 mins).  To improve chances, IMHO try reserving a limo.  GOOD LUCK

• 2 weeks later...

At the airport at 7:45 after leaving ship at7:10. 20 min cab ride. No traffic. $40. Easily making 9:15 flight. Had to show passport to customs upon leaving cruise port. We were lucky. I don't recommend doing this.  Wife had a wedding tomorrow. Thats why we booked early flight. Carry on luggage only

1 hour ago, oskidunker said:

At the airport at 7:45 after leaving ship at7:10. 20 min cab ride. No traffic. $40. Easily making 9:15 flight. Had to show passport to customs upon leaving cruise port. We were lucky. I don't recommend doing this.  Wife had a wedding tomorrow. Thats why we booked early flight. Carry on luggage only

Thanks for responding.  Unfortunately we had to cancel our 1 October Alaska cruise.  We had been in Seattle since last Saturday.  But on Monday we received a call that Winter, our fur kid, who has cancer had stopped eating and taking his meds.  So, we are now home taking care of him.  

10 hours ago, OUBaylor1 said:

Thanks for responding.  Unfortunately we had to cancel our 1 October Alaska cruise.  We had been in Seattle since last Saturday.  But on Monday we received a call that Winter, our fur kid, who has cancer had stopped eating and taking his meds.  So, we are now home taking care of him.  

Awww, so very sorry to read about Winter. Sending woofs, wags and thoughts for an easy transition to your fur-kid from our two & four legged family.