Spanish health form

beryl patricia

Have just spoken to Princess about forms required for landing in Spain and Portugal - they advised that it remains the responsibility of each passenger. The forms need to be completed within 48 hours of arrival.

Has anyone any thoughts or guidance as to whether or not we only need to complete a form ahead of Gran Canaria which then covers our arrival throughout the Canaries? I would assume the same applies for Madeira and the again for Vigo - not forgetting our arrival form for England.

Gill

• Like 1

Have you looked at the Spain health control site?  It is a big confusing about that 48hrs timeline.  I recently flew to Madrid, and filled out all my info well before my arrival.  Then I completed the final bit of info within the 48hr window.  I would think you have to fill out the "arrival by ferry" version instead of the "air arrival" version.  

• 2 weeks later...

OK...did some more digging: (direct from the Princess FAQ)

UPDATED: What if I’m visiting a port that requires proof of a negative COVID-19 test result for entry?

Select ports, subject to their local government directives, may require guests to provide proof of a negative viral COVID-19 test to go ashore. In these cases, viral COVID-19 tests (PCR or Antigen) will be offered and administered on board at a nominal charge, in order to satisfy these port requirements. Current test fees are $25 for Antigen and $35 for PCR. These may be subject to change.

Please note that destinations on your itinerary may have various documentation requirements for testing and vaccination. This may include a Passenger Locator Form (PLF), required prior to entry. We strongly recommend completing these requirements before you embark for your cruise. Princess can help guide you through this process on board. However, you are responsible for meeting these requirements and we cannot accept responsibility for denied entry.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:
UPDATED: What if I’m visiting a port that requires proof of a negative COVID-19 test result for entry?

Select ports, subject to their local government directives, may require guests to provide proof of a negative viral COVID-19 test to go ashore. In these cases, viral COVID-19 tests (PCR or Antigen) will be offered and administered on board at a nominal charge, in order to satisfy these port requirements. Current test fees are $25 for Antigen and $35 for PCR. These may be subject to change.

Please note that destinations on your itinerary may have various documentation requirements for testing and vaccination. This may include a Passenger Locator Form (PLF), required prior to entry. We strongly recommend completing these requirements before you embark for your cruise. Princess can help guide you through this process on board. However, you are responsible for meeting these requirements and we cannot accept responsibility for denied entry.

Thank you for posting this! 

Also, here's some specific info that I received directly via email from the health authorities in the Azores:

Disembarkation in the Azores:

The embarkation, disembarkation and arrival ashore of passengers and crew of cruise ships are carried out in a "bubble" regime, that is, exclusively on excursions previously organized by the cruise ship owner or operator, during the performance of which contacts with the local population must be minimized, and “free” outings and private excursions are not allowed.
The aforementioned excursions, carried out in a “bubble” regime, must be organized by operators with the capacity to ensure the provision of the service to the entire group, avoiding dispersion among several agents and minimizing contact with local elements.

Testing on arrival in the Azores: 

Upon arrival of ships at the landing ports in the Autonomous Region of the Azores, the Regional Health Authority ensures the carrying out of rapid tests or designated antigens (Testes AG), in conjunction with the Port Authority. Coming ashore is only authorized for passengers who present a negative result and in the “bubble” concept.

The epidemiological situation in the Region is evaluated weekly, so it is advisable to consult regularly the site www.destinoseguro.azores.gov.pt

• Thanks 1

I’m keeping an eye on this too. Getting some help on my roll call Canary Islands , Portugal, Spain. Checking each island as they may be different from Spain, Portugal mainland   Forms & testing probably changing closer to my March cruise 

1 hour ago, lizzy41 said:

Where did you get this information. I have been unable to confirm whether you need to fill out form or not.

From people on P&O, Princess and Fred cruises that have recently visited Spain.

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

I found this which would seem that the health forms are required. I copied it from entry requirements for Spain. 

Arrival by air or sea

Before travel to Spain, all passengers (including children under 12 years old) travelling by air or sea must complete and sign an online Health Control Form no more than 48 hours prior to travel declaring any known history of exposure to COVID-19 and giving contact details.

Anyone who has not completed this form electronically via the Spain Travel Health website or app, may submit it in paper format prior to boarding.

On arrival into Spanish ports and airports, you may be subject to the following requirements at the point of entry:

• Present the QR code (hardcopy or digital) issued on completion of the online Health Control Form prior to travel.
  • Undergo a temperature check
  • Undergo a visual health assessment

All passengers (excluding children under the age of 12 years old) travelling to Spanish airports and ports from the UK should be prepared to present:

• evidence of a negative test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival, or;
  • evidence of being fully vaccinated.

• A minimum fine of €3000 may be issued to anyone who does not comply with this requirement.
  •  

1 hour ago, lizzy41 said:

I found this which would seem that the health forms are required. I copied it from entry requirements for Spain. 

Arrival by air or sea

Before travel to Spain, all passengers (including children under 12 years old) travelling by air or sea must complete and sign an online Health Control Form no more than 48 hours prior to travel declaring any known history of exposure to COVID-19 and giving contact details.

Anyone who has not completed this form electronically via the Spain Travel Health website or app, may submit it in paper format prior to boarding.

On arrival into Spanish ports and airports, you may be subject to the following requirements at the point of entry:

• Present the QR code (hardcopy or digital) issued on completion of the online Health Control Form prior to travel.
  • Undergo a temperature check
  • Undergo a visual health assessment

All passengers (excluding children under the age of 12 years old) travelling to Spanish airports and ports from the UK should be prepared to present:

• evidence of a negative test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival, or;
  • evidence of being fully vaccinated.

• A minimum fine of €3000 may be issued to anyone who does not comply with this requirement.
  •  

The confusion arises because arrival by sea relates to passengers arriving on a ferry, and then staying in Spain.

Cruise ship passengers fall into a different category, hence there has been no need for passengers on recent cruises from the UK to fill in the forms. 

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The confusion arises because arrival by sea relates to passengers arriving on a ferry, and then staying in Spain.

Cruise ship passengers fall into a different category, hence there has been no need for passengers on recent cruises from the UK to fill in the forms. 

Saw on fb someone posted Spain form will be filled in on-board cruise ship if required. 

Has anyone done the Portugal passenger locator card?  We are actually flying to Lisbon.  I have submitted it 2 times but it hasn't officially been accepted so United won't allow us to get our boarding pass for tomorrow.  Ugh - paperwork!

• 4 months later...

Update on PLF appreciated for cruise to Spain/Portugal 5th March 2022.G206.

For Lisbon it is to be completed within 96 hours of arrival - so onboard. But is PLF needed for Spain and if needed is it to be seen by P&O on embarkation or done on cruise?

Thanks for info from G204/5 passengers or anyone else.