Urgent message for passengers embarking today.

SALAD MUNCHER

1 minute ago, ace2542 said:

Because they are using the new massive dockside solar panel farm to charge the ship whilst it is in dock aren't they?

Surely they would have known about this days ago so why therefore wait until one hour ago to inform passengers? The message stated something about emergency notification: 

"..Further to our Emergency Notification, Queen Elizabeth will now depart from berth 106 at the Mayflower Terminal. The terminal can be accessed via dock gate 10. Please ensure that you arrive at the time stated on your e-ticket. We look forward to welcoming you on board...."

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SALAD MUNCHER said:

Surely they would have known about this days ago so why therefore wait until one hour ago to inform passengers? The message stated something about emergency notification: 

Perhaps they weren't certain of being allowed access to it until access was granted yesterday or this morning?. 

At least everyone who drives into Soton from the M271 will be able to see where QE is, and they will presumably go to the Mayflower for their Covid test anyway, so it shouldn't be too chaotic. In fact, for a lot of passengers, it may be more straightforward.

We came back to a different terminal once, (I can't remember why) and were taken by minibus to collect our cars from the original terminal. There were people arriving by car who hadn't noticed that there was no ship there, or porters or any other signs of life !

7 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

We came back to a different terminal once, (I can't remember why) and were taken by minibus to collect our cars from the original terminal. There were people arriving by car who hadn't noticed that there was no ship there, or porters or any other signs of life !

How odd. One of the things I always look for, in the build up of excitement, is the first sight of the ship, though it can be deceptive if QE and QV are both in.

That must have been a very short notice change, after the cars had been put ready at the wrong terminal, if you see what I mean.